Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Pillar Creaking noise(Body flex) to take or not to take to dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 08:48 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pillar Creaking noise(Body flex) to take or not to take to dealer?

I have this body flex creaking, I believe its in the A-pillar drivers rear side, creaks when going above the curb, bumps, etc. They fixed this before, they said they kinda spread it open, so the seam wont touch the plastic and creak? If I take this in for service, will they make it worse, destroy it more, or make more problems. Last time I went, they left scratches, all kinds of stuff in my car. (the noise did go away though). Maybe as the spring summer came, the temp shifted the plastic around( excuse if it sounds stupid) Or just live with the creak, my concern was if I was going to go with eibach pro, will the creak get louder?
Old 05-05-2010, 09:06 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just took my 08 g37S in just for this... well this and new rotor (look up tsb). One of the technicians is an idiot i gave him a ride in my car to show him the noise and he told me that its just the leather rubbing, i told em he is wrong so I showed on of the service associates what I am talking about and he agreed that it was the A-pillar.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:24 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i told my car to the dealer for this and they could not get it to stop making the noise totally but they poured the expanding foam in the pillar and it helped 100 times over. they also gave me a new headliner and sunroof. It was at the dealer for 2 weeks though. good luck
Old 05-13-2010, 11:38 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

BUMP. BUMP.

I was in the rear drivers side seat today, and I was touching the roof with my hand, and right above my head, when I press with my hand, I can hear the creak/squeak noise, some sord of plastic rubbing or something like that, its underneath the liner cover. It's like 3 out of 10 noise. (10 the worst). Should I take this still to the dealer, or are they gonna make it worse?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:47 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

^ For me its a 7 out of 10 noise... sometimes 8... they have tried to fix it twice and are now ordering new parts to replace it. They even tried to blame it on a side swiped collision I had on a fender on the opposite side.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:32 AM
lakers8

Mine is pretty bad too, i hear it more when its cold, but it is really annoying. I took it to Glendale Infiniti (horrible dealership) and they took apart my headliner, worked on it for two hours, and didnt come up with a single solution. Ive been meaning to take it to another place but im just afraid theyll do a "quick" fix by spraying some crap on their to temporarily fix it.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:08 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

I guess I'll live with the noise. I dont trust taking it to the dealer, and walking out with other problems. Just one, will think that its a simple fix, you touch the roof with your finger, that area squeaks/creaks, so I figure, they have to remove the roof panel, separate the plastic from the seam or whatever it is that touches something else and makes the noise, but I guess its not that easy. Last time, I took my car for an oil change, they left like 4 interior scratches of the left side of the door. I wonder how often this exist in the cars. 1 out 50 cars have that problem etc. Overall, I'm very happy with the car. Finally summer is here, can start the easy light mods, eibach/tint/fujita intake/ tanabe exhaust, maybe vossens 084 or vossens 082 both machined lip. As far as tint I decided to go 35% all around. I'm from northeast jersey, decided to drive to Delaware to get the formula one pinnacle ceramic tint. I was going to get the JP lip, top secret, or even stillen splitter, but too many bumps where I live.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:08 AM
GT35R
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lakers8
Mine is pretty bad too, i hear it more when its cold, but it is really annoying. I took it to Glendale Infiniti (horrible dealership) and they took apart my headliner, worked on it for two hours, and didnt come up with a single solution. Ive been meaning to take it to another place but im just afraid theyll do a "quick" fix by spraying some crap on their to temporarily fix it.
Thats funny because Glendale Infiniti is who I took it too. They didn't do **** twice. Now they ordered a new one in for me, I dont know if that will work.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:38 AM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

This problem can sometimes be quite annoying. Im in Jersey, dealers are kinda nice.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Spaded21

I have the same problem on the passenger side of my car. I bought my 08 G37 certified used, will the dealer still cover something like this for me? Or is this the kind of thing they would only fix on new cars?
Old 05-17-2010, 02:29 AM
GT35R
Registered Member

YES. Your car is under warranty. just as much as any one elses.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Spaded21

Ok, thanks for the quick answer. Now it seems I just have to decide if I want to go through the hassle of bringing it in or just deal with the noise
Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 PM
GT35R
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Spaded21
Ok, thanks for the quick answer. Now it seems I just have to decide if I want to go through the hassle of bringing it in or just deal with the noise
Go to the dealer, you dont want to deal with the noise
Old 05-27-2010, 10:42 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Bump bump
Old 06-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Don Meshal

this is a problem with all infiniti cars !

Got mine replaced twice !

Quick Reply: Pillar Creaking noise(Body flex) to take or not to take to dealer?