Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Review Autokits-x cf front lip+cf rear valence (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Autokits-x cf front lip+cf rear valence (with pics)

Ok, so after waaaay too long of waiting for weather to clear and enough time to be able to install these awesome pieces, I've finally got it finished. The CF is all rounded out, with Amplified's CF Roof wing, Limited Edition's CF Mirror Caps, and then AUTOKITS-X's CF Front Lip/Splitter and CF Rear Valence. Alex shot a bullseye yet again, and even though I'm sure everyone has a good feel for it, I'll review every part of the process.

Shipping/Communication: 10/10

No questions asked, Alex is one of the easiest people to work with. He answered all my questions quickly and with knowledgeable answers, and was incredibly helpful. FedEx screwed up the shipping and lost my front lip so he made another one and had it shipped out right away.

Fitment: 10/10

The front lip is TIGHT. It fits incredible snug on the bumper, which I think is perfect. I would rather it be very, very form fitting that too big and have gaps every where. I had to play with it a little bit to make it fit just right, but if you start from the passenger side and work your way over, it fits 100%. And the fact that it was SOOOO easy to install by myself was really nice too. You don't need to spend money having a shop install this, just DIY!

The rear valence is probably one of the easiest installs I've ever done, and I thought it would be much more difficult. It fits perfectly and Alex includes the screws to secure it and make sure it will NEVER come off unless you want it to.

OVERALL LOOK/SATISFACTION: 10/10

It gives my G the exact look I was going for...I LOVE having the OB G with the subtle offset of CF. Now I've got enough CF on the car to stand out, but still be subtle enough that it blends well with the OB of the car. I'm definitely happy with the front lip and rear valence.

For those of you wondering about the drop, I am dropped on an Eibach PK. When I measured before the drop, I was sitting at about 5.5" (it was almost the exact length of a $1 bill) and after the lip install I was sitting at about 4.5". The lip only brought me down 1" which was much less than I was expecting!!!

GREAT WORK ALEX!!!

now for the pictures you all have been waiting so eagerly and patiently for

Old 02-06-2010, 07:32 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
SICK!!! The lip looks too stock for me. When is Kuruma Z going to make a bumper for us.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:20 PM
camp3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like it but I think you should get it painted except for the bottom of the lip!I think it would flow better with the car that way.I do think it is the best looking lip out yet, hands down.GJ Alex on an original product!Also....what did you use and how did you install the lip?
Old 02-06-2010, 08:29 PM
deepFlip

front looks so off.. no offense, but it looks slapped on not my taste.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by camp3r
I like it but I think you should get it painted except for the bottom of the lip!I think it would flow better with the car that way.I do think it is the best looking lip out yet, hands down.GJ Alex on an original product!Also....what did you use and how did you install the lip?
Alex has 3M automotive tape already on it, you literally just peel the backing off and stick the lip on. Like I said in the review, it is VERY tight and fits great. It is really easy if you start on the passenger side and then just slowly work your way over to the driver side.

I also used Duplicolor Adhesion Promoter for both the front lip and rear valance, 3 coats after a good wash.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
heff

^^agreed but its ur car!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the measurement! I am not a fan of CF and I would get it molded to look factory, but that really is a nice lip and looks great on Black. MMMmmmm.

Shane D
Old 02-06-2010, 11:17 PM
sbmwg37s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The sport bumper is supposed be like that from the factory... damn it looks sick man.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

Looks good, but you need an exhaust bad, major tuckage under that valence, what is that hole in your vents in the middle of your bumper

+1 on color matching and leavin the lower lip cf would flow much better
Old 02-07-2010, 02:53 AM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TreSe7en
Looks good, but you need an exhaust bad, major tuckage under that valence, what is that hole in your vents in the middle of your bumper

+1 on color matching and leavin the lower lip cf would flow much better
LOL I know, exhaust is my next mod...the hole in the bumper is the Intelligent Cruise Control sensor
Old 02-07-2010, 05:11 AM
lakers8

I agree you should paint the top part of the lip black and leave the bottom CF. It just looks out of place.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:29 AM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Nicely done! You already said this but you definitely need a new exhaust. Your factory tip are just lost with that diffuser on.
I've got the same lip on order. I plan of color matching mine but keeping the bottom CF and have it molded. I'll post pix once everything is done.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the lip all most as much as the JP and agree that it should be painted a little. rear looks nice
Old 02-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah I am with everyone else, looks good but would look better painted except for the edge.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

looks good

Quick Reply: Review Autokits-x cf front lip+cf rear valence (with pics)