Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Review Autokits-x cf front lip+cf rear valence (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:07 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the front lip is to big to have in all CF, the bottom part CF w the rest colormatched would look great IMO.

Of course that rear diffuser looks great.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
sbmwg37s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want to see how the CF front lip would look on a white G.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
design deficiency in the diffuser

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
Ok, so after waaaay too long of waiting for weather to clear and enough time to be able to install these awesome pieces, I've finally got it finished. The CF is all rounded out, with Amplified's CF Roof wing, Limited Edition's CF Mirror Caps, and then AUTOKITS-X's CF Front Lip/Splitter and CF Rear Valence. Alex shot a bullseye yet again, and even though I'm sure everyone has a good feel for it, I'll review every part of the process.

Shipping/Communication: 10/10

No questions asked, Alex is one of the easiest people to work with. He answered all my questions quickly and with knowledgeable answers, and was incredibly helpful. FedEx screwed up the shipping and lost my front lip so he made another one and had it shipped out right away.

Fitment: 10/10

The front lip is TIGHT. It fits incredible snug on the bumper, which I think is perfect. I would rather it be very, very form fitting that too big and have gaps every where. I had to play with it a little bit to make it fit just right, but if you start from the passenger side and work your way over, it fits 100%. And the fact that it was SOOOO easy to install by myself was really nice too. You don't need to spend money having a shop install this, just DIY!

The rear valence is probably one of the easiest installs I've ever done, and I thought it would be much more difficult. It fits perfectly and Alex includes the screws to secure it and make sure it will NEVER come off unless you want it to.

OVERALL LOOK/SATISFACTION: 10/10

It gives my G the exact look I was going for...I LOVE having the OB G with the subtle offset of CF. Now I've got enough CF on the car to stand out, but still be subtle enough that it blends well with the OB of the car. I'm definitely happy with the front lip and rear valence.

For those of you wondering about the drop, I am dropped on an Eibach PK. When I measured before the drop, I was sitting at about 5.5" (it was almost the exact length of a $1 bill) and after the lip install I was sitting at about 4.5". The lip only brought me down 1" which was much less than I was expecting!!!

GREAT WORK ALEX!!!

now for the pictures you all have been waiting so eagerly and patiently for

The diffuser has an apparent issue which could have been eliminated before they made the mold. When you mount the plate it sticks down over the edge of the diffuser making it look unprofessional, unfinished.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:37 PM
AUTOKITS-X
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg Lecewicz
The diffuser has an apparent issue which could have been eliminated before they made the mold. When you mount the plate it sticks down over the edge of the diffuser making it look unprofessional, unfinished.
What do you mean apparent issue?
#1 you are installing another piece over the OEM bumper which is why stick out.
#2 it has a different style
#3 you are buying an aftermarket part and can not always please everyone only because the plate sticks down over the edge (in some states you don't need to have the plate in the front bumper)

I don't know if the other lips have the same issue as you call it, maybe the same or not.. like i said depends on the style.

Thanks,

Dennis P

AUTOKITS X
Old 02-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
True cause I wouldnt buy it if it had a spot for a front plate. I dont need one.

Last edited by Kidcane; 03-02-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:01 AM
el'ation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much do they cost?
I wanna get the rear valence...when I get the G.

Nevermind, just saw the cost on their website.

Last edited by el'ation; 03-02-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:29 AM
saparda

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
somehow i dont feel the lip, sorry but i dont think CF goes with black, it's hardly noticeable!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 12:45 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That's why I love it!! It is subtle from far away but noticeable as you get closer.

And as far as cost e'lation PM Autokits about price, Alex will hook you up with a great price. He is awesome to work with.