Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

TS Lip.. Who to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 AM
BocaIvan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't the AIT kit have major fitment issues?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Emotiongear
So let me understand this, myself and Ken became sponsors on here to bring TS parts to this community while someone else rips off Top Secret's design and then tells people not to buy it because its too expensive, its FRP, etc and that's ok?

Why are we sponsors on here then? Isnt this forum supposed to protect our products/business against things like this?

Im just trying to figure out the best way to go forward with the new TS parts we're launching soon

Please dont support knock offs!
The forum is not here to protect you from knockoffs or from people talking about knockoffs. If it is a direct attempt to hurt your name or business that's a different story.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:54 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think Emotiongear understands it perfectly. It comes with the territory, there's always going to be knock-offs and everyone's entitled to their own choosing. I'm sure every vendor is aware of this when they launch into the industry. I think the forum is here to gather and share information for the community, whatever kind of info that may be. It's an open service not a regulating agency.

I think if BJ is going to have his friend touch up on the fitment, then you can afford to go with the cheaper but less-than-perfect solution.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

^ but I dont' think EmotionGear understands it. He seems to think we should protect him against people talking about knockoffs.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Swatperformance
Former Sponsor

Top Secret G37 Products

Hey Everyone,

I am very proud to be a Distributor for Top Secret and honored to offer these parts to this community. I do have to agree with Emotiongear. I do not agree with American Companies stealing the designs of a very well known, highly sought after Japanese company who spent the time, money and talents to bring the best possible product for your Infiniti G37's.
I am very simple minded and will use this analogy:

Rolex watches are considered to be one of the highest quality watches on the market and cost $5,000.00 +. You can get a much cheaper watch that tells the time and looks ok. But if it is quality, fitment, materials used and let's not forget the reputation that Top Secret brings to the table for manufacturing a product that is considered to be the best on the market, then yes, I would say buy a Top Secret Product. No offense but these Top Secret parts are not going on a $10,000.00 car. You get what you pay for. Am I wrong?

Would you buy a fake watch that says Rolex on it to impress your friends just because a company made it for less money?

I see the comments, questions and concerns about the other products available on here. I see questions about fitment. I see questions about the material and questions about quality. I also see no one asking these same questions about Top Secret's products that are available because the name Top Secret is synonomous with perfection...just like a Rolex watch. Then why can't companies here make their own products and call them anything other than TS Style?

Why would people here purchase a fake or "Knock Off's"? Because their cheaper?

Ken Sanders
Swat Performance

Last edited by Swatperformance; 01-28-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: edit
Old 01-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Emotiongear

Originally Posted by Blackjack
The forum is not here to protect you from knockoffs or from people talking about knockoffs. If it is a direct attempt to hurt your name or business that's a different story.
This is direct attempt to hurt my name and business.

I'm not asking you to prevent knock offs from being made. I'm asking not to let them be advertised on here.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not asking you to prevent knock offs from being made. I'm asking not to let them be advertised on here.
HAHAHAHA good one!!!!

And i am asking to have the site be responsible for vendors cheating memebers...

Not gonna happen my man... Comes with the territory.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

How is it a direct attempt to hurt your name and business? No one has said to not buy your parts.

You're basically asking us to not support your competition. Competition is a part of doing business. Survival of the fitest. If someone can make it better and/or cheaper, then they should.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Might be worth a shot to write to IB, the company that owns this forum. I don't think BJ has the power to kick any vendor. And by that, you're also asking IB to limit their source of income, which will hurt their business too. Maybe starting another thread

But back to the topic, I think if BJ chooses to go with something other than TS, he would be choosing it because he likes it for what is is, not to purposely support those vendors.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Might be worth a shot to write to IB, the company that owns this forum. I don't think BJ has the power to kick any vendor. And by that, you're also asking IB to limit their source of income, which will hurt their business too. Maybe starting another thread

But back to the topic, I think if BJ chooses to go with something other than TS, he would be choosing it because he likes it for what is is, not to purposely support those vendors.
Well said UCLA. I don't really give a crap who makes it.

Agree on a new thread. EmotionGear, if you want to continue, please create one.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:30 AM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by ucla bruin

Or maybe because it is 1/4th the price, or because it's made with materials that don't tend to crack (Poly v. Fiber) Or maybe because he just wants to.. There are plenty of reasons to buy the "TS-Style" lip.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jarborn1
Or maybe because it is 1/4th the price, or because it's made with materials that don't tend to crack (Poly v. Fiber) Or maybe because he just wants to.. There are plenty of reasons to buy the "TS-Style" lip.
I'm actually leaning towards AIT right now for a few reasons..

1) I want a clean look and while molding would do that, I'm thinking I don't want to mess up my OEM bumper for when I sell it. AIT is full bumper solution and I can have the fitment corrected for a low price through a friend of the family.

2) Fiberglass vs Poly... I've continued my research. While I see the benefits of Poly, I don't drive my car much. It's only a nice weather car. My daily beater (which isn't even driven daily since I travel Mon-Thur) is a Jeep Wrangler.

3) I won't lie.. Price is a factor. I'd much rather spend 1/4 the price as anyone would.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:41 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

nice i will follow you and bite your research lol
Old 01-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by whiddles
nice i will follow you and bite your research lol
Don't follow me. Do your own research. I'm not always right.

Poly is definitely better than FG from my research, but each has the pros and cons. A big thing for me is colormatch and I hear you will get a better colormatch with FG than you would with Poly.

Since my car is driven in only nice weather and not a daily driver, I think FG will suit my purposes. I may find out differently. Live and learn, ya know.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

yeah i waiting for you to live and learn and then ill learn from that. if it works i will be biting your style only in athens blue. i can't decide on which kit im gonna go with. I may just go with the JP lip not sure. thanks for the info

Quick Reply: TS Lip.. Who to go with?