Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

anyone have any problems with water intrusions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 08:53 PM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone have any problems with water intrusions?

my vert has a slight water intrusion from the window when i bring it to the car wash. just a small stream but it still sucks. anyone have this problem? its booked in for a couple days.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
It's Infiniti's first hard top convertible, bear with them a little bit
Old 01-20-2010, 10:04 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by stevelam
my vert has a slight water intrusion from the window when i bring it to the car wash. just a small stream but it still sucks. anyone have this problem? its booked in for a couple days.
I've not had any water intrusion
Old 01-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by stevelam
My first day with the car (Dec.23rd) was a rainy one. Home to the city was a 20 minute drive and my left leg was soaked!! Went to the dealership and the guy just adjusted the rubber on the frame that the window sits against. All better and no problems since.

Shane D
Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 AM
pwlorraine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problems in my vert - I've been through a "touchless" car wash twice that makes my e36 leak at the A-pillars but no leaks on the g37.

Peter
Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
yup... happened to me too when I first got the car... The seals around the roof/front window probably just need to be replaced or refitted by the dealer...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-con...ng-in-car.html
Old 01-21-2010, 10:16 AM
pwlorraine

One of the things BMW vert owners swear by is Gummifledge - a conditioning "goo" that is regularly applied to the seals to keep them compliant. I can't imagine we are in an "age" issue on the seals yet - more like misplaced - but this stuff is good. As seals get harder or set in shape or shrink as they age and release volatile chemicals, this stuff brings performance back. Also good around door seals.

Peter
Old 01-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Arrow

Originally Posted by pwlorraine
One of the things BMW vert owners swear by is Gummifledge - a conditioning "goo" that is regularly applied to the seals to keep them compliant. I can't imagine we are in an "age" issue on the seals yet - more like misplaced - but this stuff is good. As seals get harder or set in shape or shrink as they age and release volatile chemicals, this stuff brings performance back. Also good around door seals.

Peter
The mechanic that adjusted mine figured that maybe the window was freezing to the rubber. After adjusting the rubber, he put some lubricant around the edges of the glass, so it hopefully would not keep pulling the rubber off. I can see this being a problem in the 'vert because of that window constantly adjusting in really cold weather.

Shane D
Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 AM
pwlorraine

When I test drove cars just after Christmas, the A5 vert and BMW vert both had frozen driver's side windows that wouldn't drop and prevented the top from engaging. Lots of people on bimmerforums talked about seal compounds - the strong consensus was around using Gummifledge vs the other attempted solutions of using silicone oil or vaseline which apparently can damage the rubber. The other common solutions for my BMW vert were replacing the seals, or adjusting the little gaps so the seals compress exactly the right amount and not too much. A common problem that leads to A-pillar leads is having the drain hole in the rubber seal in the top corner plugged.

Peter
Old 07-13-2010, 11:45 PM
cereal2k

I'm claiming membership in the leaking roof club . So there was a slight trickle today with the rain we've been having this week. I told the wife and she's just informing me that there was a trickle on the passenger side too, but barely noticeable to tell me anything. So, I'll see what the dealer can do when I get around to it.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Arrow

My problem re-occurred and the mechanic decided to order a new rubber piece. That was a few weeks ago and we are all good now. And we are getting LOTS of rain in July.
It took the guy a few weeks to get the piece.

I continue to be VERY happy with the service at my dealer. Four and a half years, spanning two cars, and would still buy from them again.

Shane D
Old 07-15-2010, 10:00 PM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can u find out what part number and description of that rubber piece and post it so we can fix and address this issue so we can all get on with our lives enjoying this car... please and thank u
Old 07-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

It is just the rubber piece that goes on the frame and the window goes up against it. My paperwork is at work (I write most of the lease payment off for business), but I will try to remember to look for it tomorrow.

I only had it on my drivers side window.

Shane D
Old 07-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Arrow Finally remembered!

Just to follow up on a leak I had and the repair that was done.
According to the paperwork:
"00 Replaced drivers side weather strip
WI 0.00
1 76922-JJ50A &Welt"

Keep in mind that these would be Canadian numbers/terms.

This was done on June 22nd and we have had LOTS of rain since then and no problems.

Shane D
Old 07-17-2010, 02:52 PM
cereal2k

I'm told the weather striping at the top has some wear causing the leaks.

Quick Reply: anyone have any problems with water intrusions?