Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Tight Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 AM
stoxbonds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the seats look the same- maybe the angle of the bolsters is a bit wider- I suspect it is. I paid $225, but I think now that they've seen the labor involved, they might want to charge a bit more.....
Old 02-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just realized...I don't need pictures after all. I don't think the passenger side has the metal braces, so I have a pretty good idea what it would look and feel like after taking out the bolsters.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Idaho siirto
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...em-solved.html

Uncomfortable driver's sport seat? Like other issues that seemingly arise from the dead around here, search is, in fact (or so I've been told), your friend. The problem for quite a few people regarding the seats has been well defined in several past threads (the metal braces).
/The fix involves finding a reputable auto upholstery shop, spending $250 or so, and moving on.
/Having followed the linked OP's suggestion 26 months ago, I have seen no downside whatsoever; the thigh bolster bladder inflates fine, no change in seat appearance, no effect on leather.
//The alternatives of either being uncomfortable or compromising on the bigger issues of MT/Sport were not options.
///Yeah it sucked that Infiniti didn't make everyone happy re the s seat as it comes from the factory (some people like it just fine). But I also hear that's kind of like life. I was just glad that Nick-L (long since gone) posted up in '07
Question...on his last pic, does he cut the stubs off flush with the main seat bracing, or just leave as shown with short stubs on each end as depicted on an earlier shot? It's hard to tell based on the change of angle for the last shot.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Idaho siirto

Originally Posted by Silver37
Question...on his last pic, does he cut the stubs off flush with the main seat bracing, or just leave as shown with short stubs on each end as depicted on an earlier shot? It's hard to tell based on the change of angle for the last shot.
It has been so long since I had the seat mod done and it isn't something that I think about until it's revisited here. If memory serves... regardless of cutting/ bending, or some combination of the two the look is the same as before the change (the sport still looks like the sport seat not the passenger seat- and the thigh bolster works fine. But there might very well be two slightly different ways to approach the problem. I would defer to a pro'
/Bottom line is to have a conversation with an upholster that you are comfortable doing business with. One that has been doing this with other cars with similar issue would obviously be the way to go. The problem (for some other drivers apparently is not limited to Infiniti).
//If anybody really cares about pics they need to be in the shop when work is done and shoot pics beginning with the seat removal by the folks doing the work, the process, and re-installation. I trusted my guys and wasn't that interested, and had other things to do. When I picked it up a couple hours later there was no visually noticeable difference in appearance.
///The extra comfort was instant and has not changed. The appearance and function is the same in all aspects as the previously unmodified sport seat.

Last edited by Idaho siirto; 02-12-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:43 PM
stoxbonds

Idaho is right.....the seat does not look anything other than stock. Visually, you would not be able to tell a thing. But comfort wise, it's night and day! I am now able to enjoy my new car!
Old 02-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Silver37
Registered Member

Good..sounds like what I need to do. The reason I was asking about the last picture was I was considering doing it myself and was curious if there was more work to trim off the stubs beyond what was shown in the earlier shot.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:07 AM
stoxbonds

the metal braces were cut off right down to the welds.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Thanks...that's what I wasn't sure of since the pic was blurry.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:00 PM
captjti

Tight Sport Seats

Had support braces removed from mine a couple of weeks ago. Seats look the same but much more comfortable. Thanks to the many inputs on this forum. Glad I made the change.
They cut the braces off at the welds in case I might ever want to replace them. They did a great job, and are nice people. If you are in the Delaware area, I highly recommend The Trim Shop near Newark, Dela. Their rate is $65/hr, took them 3.5 hrs. on mine. May be less now that they've done one.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Rainmaker66
Registered Member

I have the Non sport seats in Stone if you wanna trade?
Old 02-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Silver37
Registered Member

Has anyone found a good shop to do this in the Atlanta area?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:22 PM
stoxbonds

Silver37-

I would just call a few shops and explain what you want. If they seem to understand, and they have a good reputation, go for it. Best mod ever.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by stoxbonds
Silver37-

I would just call a few shops and explain what you want. If they seem to understand, and they have a good reputation, go for it. Best mod ever.
Thanks...will do. The seat just kills me this time of year, so I'm ready for the mod!
Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 AM
CodeG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just mod my seat and now the air bag light is blinking. Help!
Old 03-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stoxbonds
the seats look the same- maybe the angle of the bolsters is a bit wider- I suspect it is. I paid $225, but I think now that they've seen the labor involved, they might want to charge a bit more.....

I am in NY, who did the work for you? which shop?

Quick Reply: Tight Sport Seats