Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Tight Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Hitdog540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently your wide butt stretched out the tight bolsters...maybe I'll loan you my car
to help widen my seat too! HEHEHE

No offense of course.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:18 PM
stoxbonds

going to a custom interior guy tomorrow to have them size up the job.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Dr.Zoom

6'3", 230 and I'm NOT fat...think linebacker... and the sport seat makes my legs numb after about an hour....think crying linebacker. The regular seats were OK but the wife wanted the S seats. I did not sit in it because the salesman said they adjust. BIG MISTAKE! I'm with the crowd that hates them ....BTW, my 2007 Civic Si Coupe seats are perfect. Go figure.
I now put a faily thin but firm (about 18" square) throw pillow on the seat when I drive.... all is well... as it raises the legs over those Japanese torture spikes. I can honestly say its OK but looks so-so.

For those of you who don't understand what we big boys go through...these metal things hit right on a pressure point or something. Ninja death pinch. No joke. Count yourself lucky if your bodies fit. I blame myself for not test driving the S...but since it's the wife's car I really don't care that much. I went to an auto interior shop Monday. Talked about modding etc.
Starting with a super dense foam "booster" seat the guy is working on and if it does the trick I'll cover it with leather or quality seat cloth. I go tomorrow to test out what he came up with. I'll post back later.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Hitdog540

I can honestly say after about 3200 miles, the seats seem to have broken in a bit...not perfect but better. Looking forward to your report back on how you made out.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They have metal plates in the lower bolsters. Good luck breaking those in. As you wear out the padding you only get closer to the metal.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Idaho siirto

The effective solution found...over two years ago

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...em-solved.html

Uncomfortable driver's sport seat? Like other issues that seemingly arise from the dead around here, search is, in fact (or so I've been told), your friend. The problem for quite a few people regarding the seats has been well defined in several past threads (the metal braces).
/The fix involves finding a reputable auto upholstery shop, spending $250 or so, and moving on.
/Having followed the linked OP's suggestion 26 months ago, I have seen no downside whatsoever; the thigh bolster bladder inflates fine, no change in seat appearance, no effect on leather.
//The alternatives of either being uncomfortable or compromising on the bigger issues of MT/Sport were not options.
///Yeah it sucked that Infiniti didn't make everyone happy re the s seat as it comes from the factory (some people like it just fine). But I also hear that's kind of like life. I was just glad that Nick-L (long since gone) posted up in '07

Last edited by Idaho siirto; 02-05-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
stoxbonds

I am having the "seat surgery" done on Monday, so I will report back on the results for all of those interested.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:40 AM
IgS

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you got beige seats, ill trade you mine (regular for sports) ))
straight trade so you wont have to spend any money hehe
Old 02-06-2010, 09:36 AM
stoxbonds

mine are graphite- too bad
Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Dr.Zoom

Had custom seat cushion made. Glued three different foams, electric knife scultured to fit ... details! Hard to describe the absolute detailed custom work he did. The upholsterer who made it really understood what I wanted and what to do. $48 covered.
It is extremely comfortable...19.5" wide at the "metal" points, absolutely great. More comfortable then the non-sport seat and the wife still gets to enjoy the seat as factory original. All is well. I can't wait to go on a road trip to Tucson this weekend....the long way through the mountains.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:50 PM
stoxbonds

Had the seat modified on Monday.....problem solved! Those meatl brackets are implements of torture....but now mine are gone and I am really enjoying the car! Thanks to all on this site who tried it first.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Idaho siirto

/Good to hear of your positive results.
Enjoy the ride!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:35 PM
Silver37
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stoxbonds
Had the seat modified on Monday.....problem solved! Those meatl brackets are implements of torture....but now mine are gone and I am really enjoying the car! Thanks to all on this site who tried it first.
Can you post after pics? I'm assuming it looks the same, but would still like to see. Also...what about the air bolsters...do they do anything now?
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Hitdog540

Originally Posted by stoxbonds
Curious on the cost and pics would be great.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 PM
cwebbe11

Great to hear you problem solved as well. Thought I may be going down the same road (seat surgery) because I am 6'3 220. Got a bigger butt from lots o mountain biking. But the seats seemed to have broken in and now I love them. I fact, now when I drive my truck, that has the barcalounger leather seats, I feel strange not having the tight fit.

Quick Reply: Tight Sport Seats