Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Why choose 180°|Custom?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Why choose 180°|Custom?

Recently, several other small businesses and companies have started offering custom headlight modifications, and after studying all their work, and seeing what they offer, we decided to make this thread for comparsion on what seperates 180°|Custom from the rest. In the end, obviously it's up to you to decide who you want to mail your headlights to.

I figured we'd let you guys in on some more detailed info on what separates us (180°|Custom) from the rest. At the end of the day after all the feedbacks you read from members on how quick and great the customer service is, and how well you are taken care of, regardless of which company you decide to deal with, it all comes down to the quality. What makes that guy better than the other, and visa verse?

What do we put on the table that other companies don't? What's the difference?

For starters... we offer something that no other company has yet to offer, why? I don't know...

LIGHTING - LED's
The LED used in our headlights are full automotive style LED's, same ones that Audi and MB uses in their headlights, they're called piranha LED's. Other companies like ClearCorners.com, CiNcity designs, MR Works, and a few others use standard 5mm LED's that are usually found in house hold electronics and kitchen appliances. Why? Maybe because they're easier to work with and look clean? But other than that, the headlights I've repaired so far which used 5mm LED's have had all blown out LED's, or they flickered. We used to use 5mm flat top LED's when we first started doing LED jobs, but soon after we realized that they were not reliable, we ditched the idea... which is when we started offering piranha LED's on Iron-Mans and other LED mods.

Here's a comparison shot of the 2.

Our LED's on the left and basic 5mm LED on the right.

Want to see the difference in luminosity? Picture was taken by our manufacturer.

Now... another thing A LOT of you guys get fooled by.... pictures. A picture can speak a thousand words, but it can also exaggerate on things without you knowing what it really looks like... in our case would be the light. I could take a picture of my headlights, and then take another picture using higher exposure, and higher f-stop, or a camera that's sensitive to high light exposure (ie. point and shoots and cell phone cameras), and make a headlight with 5mm LED's look like it's the brightest thing in the world.

Here's a comparison shot:

This is when we first started using 5mm LED's, the same ones all our competitors are using now:

Iron-Man v1.0 using basic 5mm LED's taken higher exposure

Iron-Man v2.5 using pirahna four chip LED taken at lower exposure so it doesn't blind the camera. With these LED's it's harder for me to get any shots of the Iron-Man LED's at night because in order to get right exposure on the car, the LED's are blinding, and to get a shot of the LED's individually, the rest of the car is really dark. I resulted to shooting pictures in the day time instead because they are still clearly visible, even with the sun shining directly at it.

Looks the same right? But look what happens when you put one next to another.

V2.0 LED, right before we got more refined LED's (v2.5). 5000K white on the left, 5mm on the right, 4 of the LED's were already half dead when I took the picture, but the other 6 are still working the way they did from day one.

And here's a daytime shot, taken on top of the parking lot at 12PM in Atlantic City with the sun shinning down directly at the car. 5mm LED's would not come close to even looking like they're on.

To end it off, we're not done testing with LED's, in the near future we will offer a wider range of high quality top of the line LED's, bright enough to light up the entire road while portraying a sleek design. Development is a never ending process for us, even if we don't have customers sending in their lights, we're still at the office creating and innovating new ideas... to which... we make up our own names for and not copy off another company *cough* Iron-Man *cough*

Let's move on to:

Warranty

Unlike other companies, and some that don't even offer any... we supply all our modified headlights with FREE 1-Year WARRANTY. We also offer an extended 3-Year WARRANTY plan. We believe in our product, and it's quality. A failed headlight is a surprise to us, and if it's beyond repairable, it's replaced with another one no questions asked. Like I said in my other threads, I will take the loss on profit, even the job it self for my mistake if I have to, and will make it worth while for the customer.

I have taken several expensive losses in the past, and learned valuable mistakes from them, which I never repeat. I know the in's and out's of these lights, and elements they're most fragile to. I take an extra step to assure that the headlights never need to be removed from the car more than once.

Now, if I wasn't so confident in my product, why would I offer extended warranty on it? It's because I am confident, and I don't run away from my mistakes, I fix em.

If that's not convincing then I don't know what is.

So in a few brief words, we:
Are innovative, responsible, respectful, and original *ehem*

PROFESSIONAL.

Competitors, good luck and we're looking forward to some friendly competition, or... collaborations.

Thanks,
Igor
Old 12-17-2009, 01:02 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Amazing guy to work with. My headlights look beyond amazing. I wish I had a better camera to actually capture it.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you forgot to talk what your title, custom, which includes painting, and your bumpers
Old 12-17-2009, 05:27 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

everyone LOVES my lights. i couldnt have asked for a better job. thanks to Igor and STOOF
Old 12-17-2009, 05:39 PM
JMacsG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't advise anyone to go anywhere else. Quality and workmanship is second to none. I constantly have people asking about my lights, and I've only had them for a week lol
Old 12-17-2009, 06:41 PM
purebullet417

+1 for igor he does great work
Old 12-17-2009, 07:48 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
To anyone considering getting headlight work, 180Custom is the way to go Including myself,many of us attest to the fantastic work these guys do and the level of customer service they provide.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:46 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
it's easier for some of us NYorkers since he's local but I know he does great job on out of state clients. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:57 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
hey i dont know if you got my PM about the bar of LEDs for the TS...
Old 12-19-2009, 12:44 AM
alexdee

What is the expected lifetime for these LEDs? can anyone chime in?
Old 12-19-2009, 01:22 AM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

whats the difference between v2.0 and v2.5 and which one did i get lol?
Old 12-19-2009, 01:30 AM
l2awin

It is 5000k vs 6000k and the way Igor wires up everything. Thats what I remember STOOF telling me.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:19 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ShyTown91
whats the difference between v2.0 and v2.5 and which one did i get lol?
Originally Posted by l2awin
It is 5000k vs 6000k and the way Igor wires up everything. Thats what I remember STOOF telling me.
Yep, both of you have the v2.5, our supplier changed the leds to 6000k and we wire it up a little differently. We ONLY offer the v2.5 for at least 4-5 months now.

Originally Posted by alexdee
What is the expected lifetime for these LEDs? can anyone chime in?
Not exactly sure about the lifetime but weve been having great success with them so far. Regardless your lights will include at no extra charge a 1yr warranty on any LED defect. Extended warranty for 3yrs is also available for an additional $150.

Originally Posted by 911turbo
hey i dont know if you got my PM about the bar of LEDs for the TS...
Yeah we got it. Looking into it but i dont think its gonna work. Itd be easier to just drill a hole for each LED right into the bumper and wire it up.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
STOOF
Old 12-19-2009, 01:30 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Alright lol. Just wanted to see if yall got it! thanks though haha. Cause i dont like to mess with wiring / electronics.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I wish I was in NYC...

Quick Reply: Why choose 180°|Custom?