Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Why choose 180°|Custom?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:28 PM
JMacsG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Igor@180Custom
JMacs, your headlights are going out this week... I had trouble getting some green LED's at first, that's why it took a little longer than expected. Sorry it's taking so long, at least you have some spare headlights you can use in the mean time, I'll hit you up beginning of this week to let you know the progress.
Awesome, just wanted to make sure I'd be able to send your stock lights back cause im deploying and my car is going to storage in a few weeks. Thanks
Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Navarro2022

I'll have to agree about the customer service.

I've sent 2 emails with a month cap inbetween, I never got a reply.

Thats pretty much a F-You to me.

Guess I'll go with the competetion and see what they offer me. Hopefully they offer a Military Discount too...
Old 05-26-2010, 09:12 PM
freesurfer
Registered Member

On/Off Switch for Ironman?

Sort of a basic question: Which setting on the G37 lights switch control the Ironman? Are there any other options for switchin the lights on/off? For example: I hear that the side marker can optionally be used as turn signals. Do all the side marker lights go on/off at the same time, or sequentially (like a turn signal)?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Weiboy718

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by freesurfer
Sort of a basic question: Which setting on the G37 lights switch control the Ironman? Are there any other options for switchin the lights on/off? For example: I hear that the side marker can optionally be used as turn signals. Do all the side marker lights go on/off at the same time, or sequentially (like a turn signal)?
usually the parking light controls the on off but you have the option to wire it to a aftermarket or oem switch.

you also can wire the side markers to your turn signals but you'll lose the parking light that's on the reflector and they'll blink together if wired to the turning signals
Old 05-26-2010, 09:48 PM
freesurfer
Registered Member

Is there any way to wire it to the parking lights, but have them turn off when the headlines go on? That would keep a lot of heat away from the LEDs without needing an aftermarket switch.

BTW - where's your switch located?
Old 05-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by freesurfer
Is there any way to wire it to the parking lights, but have them turn off when the headlines go on? That would keep a lot of heat away from the LEDs without needing an aftermarket switch.

there is a way but it'll require a professional electrical person to do the install.

BTW - where's your switch located?
it's right next to my trunk release.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:47 PM
freesurfer
Registered Member

I'll have to take a look at your set-up sometime, but I have to miss Beshoffs this year. Maybe at one of the smaller Bay Area meets.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:17 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder, people who got these modified headlights, how long did you guys have it before the LEDs gave out or be repaired?
Old 05-31-2010, 04:09 PM
JMacsG37

I turned my blank switch by vdc control into a switch by cutting it and glueing a switch behind it. Looks 100% oem. Btw

Igor any word on my lights moving onto 4 months now n I haven't heard anything. I'm deploying in a 3 weeks for 9 months. Would like to see my car with them installed before I'm playing in the desert. Thx
Old 06-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
^^Ditto, I am waiting on the loaner set.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Weiboy718

make a switch like this. it's a direct fit into the oem dummy.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:15 PM
ChOy BoY

hey guys as a good friend of igor's and seeing him on the daily; spoke to him about the forum and his vendorship. he's basically not working currently because he had conflicts with the shop he uses which isn't allowing him to do his job. He's also looking for a better place to move to and finding a new supplier for LED's; but in the meantime finishing up any pending and left over orders..and if you have any questions for him email him at 180custom@gmail.com
Old 06-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks for the update. I hope this all gets worked out so I can get my lights fixed. Looks really ghey for a $40K car driving around with 10 burnt out LED's
Old 06-03-2010, 12:16 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No offense to anybody, but me being a "new 180 custom" customer I can tell you one thing customer service is VERY POOR. Igor is a good guy I don't doubt that but he needs to learn how to manage his business, If he knows he cannot complete the job within a reasonable time for a few customers WHY take 8-10 sets of headlights when he knows it will take him 3-4 weeks plus to complete everything. Example is this even possible JMacsG37 4 months waiting for his headlights to arrive, I know he has "loaners" but still that's the catch by taking the loaners he forgets about that particular customer to take care others with similar problems and at the end of the day there is a chain of 10 people waiting for headlights/repairs etc. I modded my headlights less than 2 months but within that time my headlights had gone back NY 3 times. I haven't had 1 week trouble free there is always something Lately my main issue is condensation on my passenger headlight it got so bad that my D2S bulb burned out I sent headlight back to Igor for repair took 3 days to get it back but just to find out that after I washed my car the same headlight started doing the same thing, thing was cloudy inside wayyyy before i finished drying the car. When i was getting ready to get my headlights modded everyone told me don't do it don't it but seeing everyone's Iron man etc made me jump on the wagon just to be in this mess. How can a job so EXPENSIVE turned out so crappy or it's just my luck? Now, im trying to contact Igor to see what the deal is but no answer.
Let me point a few things, his job is fabulous takes talent to do what he does but experiencing all these trouble within 2 months makes me realize what about in 6 months to 1 year? I cannot be taking bumper off and sending headlights back n fourth every 2 weeks that's totally UNACCEPTABLE. That's it for now I'm just expressing my experience with 180 custom.

P.S IF ANYONE IS SELLING A PAIR OF AFS STOCK HEADLIGHTS SHOOT ME A PM BECAUSE IM REALLY CONSIDERING PUTTING 180 CUSTOM N IRON MAN TO
Old 06-03-2010, 01:33 PM
jarborn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BooSa37
No offense to anybody, but me being a "new 180 custom" customer I can tell you one thing customer service is VERY POOR. Igor is a good guy I don't doubt that but he needs to learn how to manage his business, If he knows he cannot complete the job within a reasonable time for a few customers WHY take 8-10 sets of headlights when he knows it will take him 3-4 weeks plus to complete everything. Example is this even possible JMacsG37 4 months waiting for his headlights to arrive, I know he has "loaners" but still that's the catch by taking the loaners he forgets about that particular customer to take care others with similar problems and at the end of the day there is a chain of 10 people waiting for headlights/repairs etc. I modded my headlights less than 2 months but within that time my headlights had gone back NY 3 times. I haven't had 1 week trouble free there is always something Lately my main issue is condensation on my passenger headlight it got so bad that my D2S bulb burned out I sent headlight back to Igor for repair took 3 days to get it back but just to find out that after I washed my car the same headlight started doing the same thing, thing was cloudy inside wayyyy before i finished drying the car. When i was getting ready to get my headlights modded everyone told me don't do it don't it but seeing everyone's Iron man etc made me jump on the wagon just to be in this mess. How can a job so EXPENSIVE turned out so crappy or it's just my luck? Now, im trying to contact Igor to see what the deal is but no answer.
Let me point a few things, his job is fabulous takes talent to do what he does but experiencing all these trouble within 2 months makes me realize what about in 6 months to 1 year? I cannot be taking bumper off and sending headlights back n fourth every 2 weeks that's totally UNACCEPTABLE. That's it for now I'm just expressing my experience with 180 custom.

P.S IF ANYONE IS SELLING A PAIR OF AFS STOCK HEADLIGHTS SHOOT ME A PM BECAUSE IM REALLY CONSIDERING PUTTING 180 CUSTOM N IRON MAN TO
Customer service is almost non existant, and all i had done was painting a couple emblems.

Quick Reply: Why choose 180°|Custom?