Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Why choose 180°|Custom?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:07 AM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if someone makes or provides good products... it will be known.
there's no need to brag about it unless......................................

also, the Z thread got locked

Last edited by nogoodname; 01-11-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:48 AM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the same thread om both siteS?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:53 AM
nogoodname
Banned

yea.... same
Old 01-11-2010, 12:12 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not quite, almost the same.

Post #22 pointed out the difference. On the Z forum, more companies were called out. Here, Limited Edition was left out in the post.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:16 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

the only reason why i ask is if it was closed on one why not the other? how do you guys follow all these sites lol. Good work
Old 01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
nogoodname
Banned

i noticed that Danny
Old 01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
BOXER83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That means Danny's work speaks for it self. Limited FTW
Old 01-11-2010, 12:48 PM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by whiddles
the only reason why i ask is if it was closed on one why not the other? how do you guys follow all these sites lol. Good work
Haha yea, I barely have enough time for sleep as it is. But I'm also fortunate enough to have friends that visit other forums.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:02 PM
HamstersG

Nice, professional response. (I hate it when everyone gets all pissy.)

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
For a long time I decided to hold my breath on making a thread exactly like this one. But since someone else felt that it's necessary. In all fairness, I will also chime in.............
Old 01-12-2010, 01:34 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
For a long time I decided to hold my breath on making a thread exactly like this one. But since someone else felt that it's necessary. In all fairness, I will also chime in.
If I wasn't looking for a response like this, then I wouldn't have made this thread to begin with. Danny, I'm glad you took the time out to make this reply and to point our the real differences.

Now,

as I posted on The370z.com Sincere Appology - 180°|Custom - Nissan 370Z Forum and apologized for bad mouthing my competition.

As I've stated, from all the overwhelming compliments I've been receiving, and phone calls I've been getting with people praising my work, and essay long private messages about how the person can't get over my work... my self esteem stepped up to a different level, and I pretty much became one cocky bitch. I never felt that way till my head was filled with all these amazing compliments. After MR Works (company in the 370z community) started making comparisons in their thread, stating why MR Works, and whats so different about them... I felt the need to exploit my company in the same manner, apparently I took it too far and it brought more bad than good... for which I sincerely apologize.

I made assumptions (remember assumptions make an *** out of yourself) by what I saw... and what I saw being offered was not any different from the services I offered as an amateur. Not a single company would state why they chose not to use Piranha style LED's, while car makes like Cadillac, Audi, and Mercedes Benz chooses to use them, what does that make you think if you're in my shoes?

Danny, when we first made contact in regards to helping each other, this is how I looked at it... I "invented" a breakthrough modification for a brand new car, after having several problems, and learning from them, basically taking the hard way out.. you come to me asking me for help and diagrams of my work. While I'm here using that modification to put food in my mouth, you dont think I was worried about someone taking that away from me? When I ran into real issues and contacted you for your help, you hardly, if ever replied to me... so when I did figure out the issues and decided to use different LED's to which I've spend weeks researching and testing, you think I was going to give it up that easy? considering it wasn't even 100% tested.

Sorry but I was just being over protective of my work. I did not mention LE on the370z because I figured no one would know about it, trust me it wasn't anything intentional and I wasn't trying to hide anything.

As for my work being original, only original work I claimed to have made was the Iron-Man, an LED strip is just that, an LED strip. I didn't take the name, alter it and call it my own.

As for me using Pirahnna style LED's. If my supplier didn't specifically sell them for automotive use the last 2 years successfully, I would twice before using them on my customers car. I haven't had any issues with them, and worst that happens is the LED burns out, and I replace it with a new one. I did my research and spoke to several automotive engineers and they told me the worst that could happen is the fuse pops, but a year later, that has yet to happen so I don't see any issues with this.

As for them being so bright that it's blinding to the oncoming drivers, that would also be a false issue, because if it was an issue, the Audi R8 lights wouldn't be DOT approved. I was simply comparing the intensity of my LED's to the normal LED's, because not for nothing, normal LED's are hardly visible when the car is on the road and moving, especially when you're trying to get an actual dot effect, and not just a glow.

I'll admit that I didn't know jack shyt about electrical stuff, LED's and wiring when I first started. But we don't live in stone age, and I'm not a stubborn old dude, I'm a very quick learner. Someone with 0 knowledge on ANYTHING could learn the entire thing in several weeks by browsing the INTERNET... it's what we use it for these days, no? I'll know nothing about air bags one day, and a week later using the resources we have available to us, I could school anyone on it, and have an intelligent conversation with a company that manufacturers them... so me not knowing when I first started is completely irrelevant.

As for me replying to my customers in a timely manner... that's only an issue that a customer could complain about, in fact... it's better for you. There are times where it gets hectic in the shop and we're not by a computer all day, but all phone calls are answered on time, or returned, no PM get's left out, and eventually everyone gets their reply. I'm sorry if 24 business hours is too long for a reply to some, those that choose to wait and be patient never regret it.

We had some issues with the shop we affiliate with because I want better services for my customers that my shop could give 2 shyts about, so the last two weeks things came to a screeching halt because I wasn't satisfied with the paint finish my shop offered and seeked out for a better source which I found and more than happy with.

As I said before, I deeply apologize for bad mouthing my competition, but it's intentions were not to tell that they suck and I'm the best but to put out the real comparison, and if it wasn't the case, you reply and say "that's not true bla bla bla bla". I'd rather there be truth put on the table, and everyone is real about themselves so we don't have companies that "seem like they know what they're doing" when in real life they don't because no one really discusses the quality of their product/service in detail.

Danny, I'm sorry if I offended you or your company, if I have... I apologize, if theres other issues you'd like to discuss, feel free to PM me or post it here.

Everyone else...

Happy 2010 !

Peace,
Igor
Old 01-12-2010, 01:57 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Very well stated... Man'd up and took it and apologized.... Good Job
Old 01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Very well stated... Man'd up and took it and apologized.... Good Job
Agreed + 1
Old 01-12-2010, 02:43 PM
ucla bruin

Referring to post #40......

About your post, there are things I agree with but also things I disagree with. I'd just like to point it out for the record and will leave the issue to rest after that.

Anybody can use Piranha LEDs, Cadillac, Audi, MBs, or even Nike. But my point is to not take by examples but to thoroughly know the how and why especially if others' hard earned cash is involved. For example, just by wiring alone, you can be saving or wasting a lot of resources.

I agree you absolutely have to protect your intellectual property but I know that you are also aware of the fact you did not create the LED around the projector look because someone pointed it out to you on your NYC forum. You may be the one to port it to different platforms but the design has been around for a long time now on older cars, and you know this (from your NYC forum). So let's set the creator's mindset aside, you could have refused and simple gave me a reason when I asked for what you were doing. And for me to calculate what kind of resistor you should use (at your request) I had to know what parts/loads you were using. It would've been fine had you gave me a reason something along the line of "I'd like to keep some things proprietary for business reasons...etc". But instead, I got no response. Also for the record, I relied to every single one of your PMs, it may not have been the technical answers you were looking for but I never left you hanging.

Last thing about the LEDs, we have different approach in doing things. I would do everything I can to avoid possibly frying a fuse that is related to my offering. But I guess I like to play things on the safe side for reliability and longevity. Breaking a fuse maybe not be a big deal to some, but I would still see if there's a way to avoid it or at least know what may set it off or vice versa. If not, I may look to not offer it at all. But maybe when there's money involved, business still needs to be a business. Who knows, that is subjective.

Maybe no one has popped a fuse yet. But I don't like to leave any uncertainty in what's going on behind those Piranhas when you're making profit from people. Yea, we can all fix it if it breaks. But my point is that it's more important to take an proactive approach and not reactive.

It's easy to be overwhelmed with praise, success, and the fact that you can make it on your own, especially when you are young. I'm not one to say this but there's a lot more to running a business than that and I applaud you for recognizing it.

I appreciate the apology but it really wasn't necessary. I wasn't and am not offended. In fact, my feelings about you and 180 remain unchanged from a few months back when I posted about possible collaborations. From this some may begin to see how Limited Edition differs from a regular company that LE's focus is to put the community first before its business. Of course, we're very graciously to be in such position. All thanks to the support and credit we have received from everyone here!

Last edited by ucla bruin; 01-12-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:45 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I have to say that I'm very impressed by the professionalism displayed by LE in addressing this topic.

As for 180custom_ there are very few people able to set pride aside and admit being in the wrong for letting fame get the best of them and/or make false assumptions.

I feel both companies offer fantastic products and am glad to see everyone is back on the same wavelength.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
HamstersG

+1. A nice change from a lot of threads.

Originally Posted by soolman32
I have to say that I'm very impressed by the professionalism displayed by LE in addressing this topic.

As for 180custom_ there are very few people able to set pride aside and admit being in the wrong for letting fame get the best of them and/or make false assumptions.

I feel both companies offer fantastic products and am glad to see everyone is back on the same wavelength.

Quick Reply: Why choose 180°|Custom?