Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Windows opened by itself

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Happened to me once. Came home from partying on a Saturday afternoon and went and laid down took a nap woke up and my windows where down.

What happened was I had my keys in my pocket with other stuff and by sleeping on the side with key FOB it some how got pushed in and rolled them down. No I don;t wear tight *** jeans! But it can happen. I was lucky it didn't rain.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:58 AM
demuslee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know how to deactivate this???? I've read through the manual and it doesnt say. Its kinda silly to have the windows able to wind down but not wind up from the remote.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by demuslee
Does anyone know how to deactivate this???? I've read through the manual and it doesnt say. Its kinda silly to have the windows able to wind down but not wind up from the remote.
You can buy a Key FOB case. Do a search you'll find it here. It helps but I don't think its a 100% solution.

And yes Infiniti took a crack break when they planned this. Why they didn't include winding it back up is beyond me and everyone else who owns the new Gs. Very stupid on there behalf.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:10 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Paranormal activity.
damn! beat me to it!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:28 PM
demuslee

I'm gonna try and find one of those cases. I went to a conference with a friend and left my G at work. While the conference it started to pour and all I could think was I hope the windows didnt open ... its stupid to feel insecure about your windows being up in a $40K car.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:20 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by demuslee
I'm gonna try and find one of those cases. I went to a conference with a friend and left my G at work. While the conference it started to pour and all I could think was I hope the windows didnt open ... its stupid to feel insecure about your windows being up in a $40K car.
I have covers available which some have said are effective against accidently pressing the buttons, but honestly it is also a function of how tight one's pants are or how much stuff is in one's handbag or pockets.

Plus the buttons on the ikey have a limited transmission range so if you are far enough away from your car, you should be OK. If you left your G at work, your ikey will not roll them down. If they were down upon your return, I would be at the dealer service department the following day!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:58 AM
flagrant

if you hold down the unlock button on the key fob they auto roll down...
Old 11-06-2009, 07:07 AM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by flagrant
really
Old 04-28-2010, 01:44 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
Well, in one scenario that's true:

1.) You push the window down button all the way and they automatically go down all the way
2.) You push the window down button lighter and they go down until you let go
3.) You hold the unlock button on the intelligent key for 3 seconds and the windows go down all the way (both)
Originally Posted by flagrant
So after searching around and finding this, I'm sure scenario 3 has happened to me like twice after getting into the car. Not the tight a$$ jeans issue, just key chain on the key fob unlock button. I'll see if I can get this to happen again.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:18 PM
gmad665

this happened to me on a night it rained. i was playing with my niece and somehow held the unlock button down and rolled down all the windows. Had a big interview the next day and it was soaked and stunk for a couple weeks. Worst of all the steering wheel would sometimes move up and down or towards or away from me while driving. The light for the engine temp gauge never came on after that either. I returned that 08'G35xS when the lease was up and they didnt say anything about it. Always be careful if u keep the intel key in your pocket with other stuff too
Old 04-29-2010, 06:24 PM
mysecondg

Check the battery! Myself and 2 fellow G37 owner friends have all had the same symptom and the problem was identical each time....new battery needed! I know, it seems silly that a 2 year old car would need a new battery..but trust me. It happens!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:49 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
My battery is "newish" on the 09. However I did try the 3rd possibility and this did not replicate both drive and passenger windows going down automatically with the intelligent key, without the need to continuously hold it for the entire time.
Did the 3 seconds and it just went down a little until I released the unlock button after 3 seconds. Weird.

3.) You hold the unlock button on the intelligent key for 3 seconds and the windows go down all the way (both)
Old 04-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Haji

This feature is awesome!! Whenever I get to my car in the school lot it is burning up inside, so I open the windows off the key and let the air circulate out before hopping in!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:51 PM
movinon

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I ordered 2 Grubbs, smart key, 4 button, rubber jackets. They fit perfect and leave the buttons indented just enough to make it difficult to accidentally push while the key is in your pocket. The reason I got them was because twice in 2 weeks my trunk was opened by accident.
http://www.grubbsperformanceparts.co...catalogid=7179
Old 05-01-2010, 04:04 AM
ifinity

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I also experienced the "low battery causing window to lower" situation. After listening to radio a short while, Voltage was under 11 volts (Infometer) when ready to start (did not start), then got out of car, and driver's side window went down on its own at some point (cannot remember if the passenger side window also went down). Called Infiniti customer service to get a towing service to jump start (2nd time I have had to do this, besides recharging a few times at home myself). Hope to get the TSB warranty fix (extra battery drop due to BCM or an emission valve) when I have time to take it in.