Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah..... 400 didnt make sense......
Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
No one jumped all over anyone BB, the OP brought this all to himself.

He started off by saying he needs fitting tips, everyone took him easy and understood to an extent. He then starts bashing and contradicting himself, I quote:

Then he says:

With an attitude like that, it was pretty clear this thread was going downhill. If the OP wanted to solve this IMO, he should've kept it between himself and Alex.
Then I misunderstood his complaint. I took that to mean the complaint was with the body shop's paint/installation job, not the part itself.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 PM
SOLISIMO

Blkhr37 or whatever the hell his name is, picked one up for 380 locally and full carbon.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:01 PM
SOLISIMO

posted in the 180 diffuser thread

Originally Posted by Bkdetailing
Lol, I feel ya man I didn't want to wait anymore I picked up the Auto-X and got it painted and installed already... Its subtle looking and compliments the car well. I will say the price for Auto-X is a bit high in comparsion, and they need to get painted.. If you do go Auto-X let them paint it for you. My local shop tried to rape me to get it painted..
No mention of anything else
Old 10-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
No one jumped all over anyone BB, the OP brought this all to himself.

He started off by saying he needs fitting tips, everyone took him easy and understood to an extent. He then starts bashing and contradicting himself, I quote:

Then he says:

With an attitude like that, it was pretty clear this thread was going downhill. If the OP wanted to solve this IMO, he should've kept it between himself and Alex.

I guess it is all about how you read it Sam. This is what I read:

Does anyone have any suggestions or a type of tape that i can use in order for this thing to stick 100%?
This was followed by a lot of insults from posters that had absolutely nothing to offer. Solisimo was the only poster to try and help.
The next post by the OP was done in a defensive posture for obvious reasons after all the insults. It still ended in:

Thanks for your help, iam gnna go buy some "plastic adhesive promoter" and play bodyshop.
After some more helpful posts from Solisimo, he posted the following:

The help is much appreciated. Thank You.
I'm going to disagree with you on the OP bringing this on himself. He started a post that a few fanboys didn't like and they jumped all over him. I agree that if it was an issue of money or something to do with a return, then it should be between the OP and the sponser. But this thread was started with the question of how to make the product stick better. That's how I read this thread.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:28 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which he then should have contacted Alex, the person who sells the rear lip and probably owns Autokits-X.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Thread is turning into a horse beating now.

Last edited by nogoodname; 10-27-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:14 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be getting my lip in tomorrow so I'll keep this thread updated and see how the fitment is. Chales.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Bkdetailing

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Why wasn't this post #2 in this thread?
Good point.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:01 AM
Bkdetailing

This is to funny

Wow I see I have missed alot in the past day.. first and foremost I will start by again saying this was in no way a bash to auto-x, or auto-x products. I stated that I was disappointed, and secondly asked for help.

The response I recieved in regards to my problem by several members and one member promoting this item was simply "user error", "Nothing wrong with it", "its you", "You should have used adhesive promoter, it was stated a few times in that thread".. Yea a thread that was plus 12 pages.

Are you guys kidding me? This is clear as day.. My second response to solisimo was that of a defensive one simply because of the fact I got a few people making it seem I am bashing the product and calling it ****.. I simply stated a few facts about tape size i noticed from what i recieved and what was in the pictures, and that one of the sides seemed off but it wasn't of major concern to me, except of course if this was the reason why it did not mount/stick well.

I did take the valence to a bodyshop and they mounted the valence as i waited. They obviously didn't hear of plastic adhesive promoter or think it was required... Had I known it would make the valence mount/stick more flush I would have said something to the bodyshop.

You guys are OD'ing on this post a bit...
Old 10-27-2009, 04:15 AM
Bkdetailing

huh?

Originally Posted by AUTOKITS-X
I can't belive this!! I was out of town and I just now checked the forum.

Why are you posting this?? Are you not aware of the PM Option??

You want to the other members see this?? perfect

You called on Friday telling me the diffuser had some issues and I asked, what it was? and you said the diffuser is the problem.. it's not the fitting, it's not the heatshields, the problem is the diffuser because looks like the mold wasn't prepared well, so.. the piece needs some work.
I didn't tell you nothing because I like to make my customer happy and I never had any issue or problem with anybody; I asked a few questions about the issues and you told me that you are going to paint the diffuser first and since is gonna be black maybe the paint will cover the imperfection and I agreed with that.
Dude, What? I never called you. Ever. I made one post about my issue, your confusing me with another customer.

Now, you took the diffuser to the body shop right?? So, they don't know how to sand, prime and prepare the pieces before painting?? or even how to install it?

I'm 100% sure the rear valence lip doesn't have issue.
You'd like to know why?....Because ALL rear lips are made in the same exact mold, so if you have a problem, then all of them should have the same problems...not just you.

I Installed 8 rear lips locally and no body had any problems and I shipped a few more with no issues.
(there is only one lip with a small problem around the passenger heatshield but is because some exhausts has different fittment but I told the customer how can we resolve this small issue.)
I knew from the beginning you will be a problem, since you asked me to reduce the shipping cost because it's too expensive and you tried to put the price.
Guy, I'm not just a vendor.. I produce these parts and just like everyone, there's taxes to pay for each part, shipping supplies, and 3% paypal fees, etc etc..
If you want me to lower the shipping cost, I could..! but I will have to raise the price like the other companies and only charge $20 for shipping, that sounds good right??
I gave you the discount and I told you the FIBERGLASS PARTS NEED TO GET PRIMED BEFORE PAINT and you were aware of it. And now you're telling me there's an issue?? Come on!
You know what? I don't think you are just a regular customer...because from where can i tell you are a trouble-maker. What a coincidence that when Autokits first came out with products, you had just subscribed to the forum in September 2009.
Sometimes products get screwed up? Nothing is perfect right? Whatever it may due to.. Shipping,handling? Prepping? I don't know exactly and I don't make fiberglass parts. So who knows maybe something went wrong with mine? Maybe nothing at all and just how it was installed..

You need to take a chill pill. I don't want a refund, and I don't want a new valence if my valence is fine. I like the item. I want it to look as if it is properly installed. How would i go about achieveing this?

Again, wrong customer bro... Don't know what your talking about. I am in Brooklyn, NY..
[/quote]

About your "Little Tip" on Customer Service..Customer is always right?
Yes, you're correct and what did I tell you on Friday??
Install the rear lip first and if there's still a problem, CALL ME back and I will make you a brand new painted rear lip and shipped to you at no shipping cost.
Don't you think that's good enough Customer Service?
[/quote]

The rear lip is installed. Its painted. It looks slight off on the drivers side. The 3m tape I used to retape the original tape that would NO LONGER HOLD holds my valence up however there are certain points at which the valence will not stick period. HENCE, what tape do I use? Discovery, I need adhesive promoter to help adhere the lip. Tape just won't do it alone.

From where I am.. You owe me an apology.

Last edited by Bkdetailing; 10-27-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:18 AM
Bkdetailing

Originally Posted by nogoodname
Where are the pictures BK...??

I can post pictures. Yes 290 for part plus shipping. All fiberglass. Painting 150.. Auto-x offered me 100 painted I didn't have the money right then and there so i waited to get it and have my bodyshop paint it and install it.

Total cost:440.00
Old 10-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Bkdetailing

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
posted in the 180 diffuser thread

No mention of anything else

Yea it ****ing fell off almost two days later, I am happy with the appearance. I am not concerned with one side being slight off, but this thing needs to look as if its one piece and flush like its installed on your car. Not that i can see tape holding this thing up and unpeeling on my bumper..

You keep taking this as a bash to the kit and me saying its no good.

Last edited by Bkdetailing; 10-27-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:01 AM
BocaIvan

Can you post up some pics to see the fitment?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:51 AM
xo4ox

Post pics Bkdetailing so we can see what you are talking about, mine fits perfectly, just need to adjust the exhaust tips a bit.

Quick Reply: Auto-X Rear Valence