Old 10-26-2009, 02:59 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are the pictures BK...??
Old 10-26-2009, 03:02 PM
SOLISIMO

BK, if you are talking about the sides, what I did is tuck them into the mud flaps which gives it an oem fit. I just installed my new carbon fiber one two hours ago with the mxp exhaust and had no problems man, I mean its perfect..
Old 10-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
BK, if you are talking about the sides, what I did is tuck them into the mud flaps which gives it an oem fit. I just installed my new carbon fiber one two hours ago with the mxp exhaust and had no problems man, I mean its perfect..
Why wasn't this post #2 in this thread?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:40 PM
SOLISIMO

bc post number was done yesterday and the diffuser was installed two hours ago. This is my third autokits diffuser with no problems
Old 10-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

bc post number was done yesterday and the diffuser was installed two hours ago. This is my third autokits diffuser with no problems
I see. So you learned this trick after having had the experience of installing this part 3 times, not on your first try.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
nogoodname
Banned

what are you getting at??
solis purposely didnt post the trick yesterday....... i doubt that.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by nogoodname
what are you getting at??
solis purposely didnt post the trick yesterday....... i doubt that.
Nope. What I was getting at is that the OP has never worked with this part before and Solis has. 3 times. And according to him only on the 3rd install did he figure the trick out about tucking the sides into the mud flaps for better fitment or to make it easier.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:42 PM
nogoodname
Banned

experience makes perfect and the OP should of let an experienced person install it...... a bodyshop
instead, tried it and didnt install properly then wants a free replacement...... it's like buying an ikea bedset and messing up the assembly.... ikea's fault or the buyer??

all the diffusers are made with the same mold.... isolated incidents can happen but OP doesnt show pics.....
Old 10-26-2009, 05:00 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Nope. What I was getting at is that the OP has never worked with this part before and Solis has. 3 times. And according to him only on the 3rd install did he figure the trick out about tucking the sides into the mud flaps for better fitment or to make it easier.
I dont know what your are getting at. Since day one that Ive installed the diffuser Ive tucked it in. The OP was asking for a stronger tape. You dont know the history from him asking for shipping discounts before he even ordered, he contacted Autokits acusing them of a poor mold and was told to install it and then if still poor Alex would ship him a new one, but no he still decided to post.

I think common sense comes in sometimes and Im sure you know seeing your a vendor on this site
Old 10-26-2009, 05:14 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mysticalism
it does not look like ****, because if it does, you wouldn't have bought it, so learn logic before posting
"learn logic before posting"... Seriously? The guy expresses concern over a part he has that does not fit right and asks for help. Your idea of help is taking his opinion and telling him he is wrong and then insulting him? Maybe you should take your own advice and practice what you preach.

Bkdetailing, maybe some pictures would help get your point of concern across. That way, people that have never delt with the issues would have some idea of what you are talking about before jumping to conclusions and blaming "user error".

How many people on here have held a rear valence from Autokits-X? How many have seen one installed on a G37 in person?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

experience makes perfect and the OP should of let an experienced person install it...... a bodyshop
instead, tried it and didnt install properly then wants a free replacement...... it's like buying an ikea bedset and messing up the assembly.... ikea's fault or the buyer??

all the diffusers are made with the same mold.... isolated incidents can happen but OP doesnt show pics.....
I don't agree that a pro body shop should be required to install something so simple. If it's not a DIY project that's fine, but I got the impression from everything I've read about this that it was 100% fitment and easy to install, maybe it's tougher to install this than I understood. I missed the part in this thread where the OP asked for anything free.

I dont know what your are getting at. Since day one that Ive installed the diffuser Ive tucked it in. The OP was asking for a stronger tape. You dont know the history from him asking for shipping discounts before he even ordered, he contacted Autokits acusing them of a poor mold and was told to install it and then if still poor Alex would ship him a new one, but no he still decided to post.

I think common sense comes in sometimes and Im sure you know seeing your a vendor on this site
I don't care about him asking for free shipping or whatnot, not my business and I don't care about that - its between the vendor and his customer, at least it should be. I don't see how that's relevant to the installation issue and I thought that's what this specific thread was about.

I also won't get into telling anyone how to run their business. I have owned and run several and I know for a fact that not everyone will be pleased 100% no matter what you do. Every customer is not a good customer. I've had poor experiences and have learned to turn down business that I can tell will cost me more money than it makes me.

I'm not taking either side, I simply didn't understand why members didn't just give the OP installation tips on how to get a better fit and installation of the product without jumping all over him. I think I am better understanding the whole situation now from both points of view now.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:35 PM
SOLISIMO

The body shop was used bc he did not want to pay extra to have autokits paint the part
Old 10-26-2009, 05:42 PM
nogoodname
Banned

its 400 for an unpainted fiberglass valence ?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:44 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'm not taking either side, I simply didn't understand why members didn't just give the OP installation tips on how to get a better fit and installation of the product without jumping all over him. I think I am better understanding the whole situation now from both points of view now.
No one jumped all over anyone BB, the OP brought this all to himself.

He started off by saying he needs fitting tips, everyone took him easy and understood to an extent. He then starts bashing and contradicting himself, I quote:

I didn't not say the valence is garbage or Auto-X makes bad products
Then he says:

I have a 400 dollars piece of fiberglass that looks like ****..
With an attitude like that, it was pretty clear this thread was going downhill. If the OP wanted to solve this IMO, he should've kept it between himself and Alex.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:48 PM
SOLISIMO

its 400 for an unpainted fiberglass valence ?
Not even close

Quick Reply: Auto-X Rear Valence