LA G Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes we are hahahaha
Old 10-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Bkdetailing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
he is asking for a tape that sticks better

Before this turns into a thread attacking me and saying user error and people get defensive and bent outta shape... I assure you I am not a idiot. I didn't not say the valence is garbage or Auto-X makes bad products.. I asked for advice or suggestions to make this thing fit and stick better.

I spent 440 dollars in total including to get this thing painted locally. I didn't pay for a product that looks like its gonna fall off my car and look cheap. For starters The 3m tape that was on this kit is not the tape you see in original pictures posted, by that I mean the width of the strip of tape is not as wide as that scene in the photo's, SOOOO maybe my valence didn't have the same width of adhesive tape then some of the others.. Hence, the tape question.

Secondly, no matter how I align this valence its uneven on one side. There is always a larger gap on the left side of the valence lip where it meets with the bumper. It looks as if the valence needs to be shifted over. However you can't do that because its aligned already at the center. That tells me it may be slightly warped. Not to big a deal to me cause its black on black and you can't really tell unless you look closely.

I didn't read through a hundred posts about a plastic adhesion promoter... Was that on the original post for the product from auto-x? I saw the product, read a few posts about exhaust clearance, was interested and purchased.

Little tip on customer service.. Customer is always right.. Don't tell your customers that they are the problem. Provide a solution for me first and make a suggestion.

I have a 400 dollars piece of fiberglass that looks like ****..

Thanks for your help, iam gnna go buy some "plastic adhesive promoter" and play bodyshop.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:26 PM
SOLISIMO

no the people that cant take a joke
Old 10-24-2009, 07:28 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by Bkdetailing
Before this turns into a thread attacking me and saying user error and people get defensive and bent outta shape... I assure you I am not a idiot. I didn't not say the valence is garbage or Auto-X makes bad products.. I asked for advice or suggestions to make this thing fit and stick better.

I spent 440 dollars in total including to get this thing painted locally. I didn't pay for a product that looks like its gonna fall off my car and look cheap. For starters The 3m tape that was on this kit is not the tape you see in original pictures posted, by that I mean the width of the strip of tape is not as wide as that scene in the photo's, SOOOO maybe my valence didn't have the same width of adhesive tape then some of the others.. Hence, the tape question.

Secondly, no matter how I align this valence its uneven on one side. There is always a larger gap on the left side of the valence lip where it meets with the bumper. It looks as if the valence needs to be shifted over. However you can't do that because its aligned already at the center. That tells me it may be slightly warped. Not to big a deal to me cause its black on black and you can't really tell unless you look closely.

I didn't read through a hundred posts about a plastic adhesion promoter... Was that on the original post for the product from auto-x? I saw the product, read a few posts about exhaust clearance, was interested and purchased.

Little tip on customer service.. Customer is always right.. Don't tell your customers that they are the problem. Provide a solution for me first and make a suggestion.

Thanks for your help, iam gnna go buy some "plastic adhesive promoter" and play bodyshop.
Your not my customer Ill pm Autokits for you like you shouldve done in the first place
Old 10-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Bkdetailing

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
Your not my customer Ill pm Autokits for you like you shouldve done in the first place
The help is much appreciated. Thank You.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:43 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand that it might be frustrating, but I would just suggest always PM'ing the person/vendor that sold you the product first. Alex (and 99.9% of the other vendors here) is super helpful and will take the time to make sure you are happy with your order and how it looks on the G
Old 10-24-2009, 08:54 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Honestly just take it to a body shop. They will probably charge you like 20-30 dollars to apply adhesion promoter and put it on for you.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:50 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post pictures.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:18 PM
AUTOKITS-X
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I can't belive this!! I was out of town and I just now checked the forum.

Why are you posting this?? Are you not aware of the PM Option??

You want to the other members see this?? perfect

You called on Friday telling me the diffuser had some issues and I asked, what it was? and you said the diffuser is the problem.. it's not the fitting, it's not the heatshields, the problem is the diffuser because looks like the mold wasn't prepared well, so.. the piece needs some work.
I didn't tell you nothing because I like to make my customer happy and I never had any issue or problem with anybody; I asked a few questions about the issues and you told me that you are going to paint the diffuser first and since is gonna be black maybe the paint will cover the imperfection and I agreed with that.

Now, you took the diffuser to the body shop right?? So, they don't know how to sand, prime and prepare the pieces before painting?? or even how to install it?

I'm 100% sure the rear valence lip doesn't have issue.
You'd like to know why?....Because ALL rear lips are made in the same exact mold, so if you have a problem, then all of them should have the same problems...not just you.

I Installed 8 rear lips locally and no body had any problems and I shipped a few more with no issues.
(there is only one lip with a small problem around the passenger heatshield but is because some exhausts has different fittment but I told the customer how can we resolve this small issue.)
I knew from the beginning you will be a problem, since you asked me to reduce the shipping cost because it's too expensive and you tried to put the price.
Guy, I'm not just a vendor.. I produce these parts and just like everyone, there's taxes to pay for each part, shipping supplies, and 3% paypal fees, etc etc..
If you want me to lower the shipping cost, I could..! but I will have to raise the price like the other companies and only charge $20 for shipping, that sounds good right??
I gave you the discount and I told you the FIBERGLASS PARTS NEED TO GET PRIMED BEFORE PAINT and you were aware of it. And now you're telling me there's an issue?? Come on!
You know what? I don't think you are just a regular customer...because from where can i tell you are a trouble-maker. What a coincidence that when Autokits first came out with products, you had just subscribed to the forum in September 2009.

About your "Little Tip" on Customer Service..Customer is always right?
Yes, you're correct and what did I tell you on Friday??
Install the rear lip first and if there's still a problem, CALL ME back and I will make you a brand new painted rear lip and shipped to you at no shipping cost.
Don't you think that's good enough Customer Service?
Old 10-26-2009, 02:31 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Joining the forum in sept/09 means nothing. Tons of ppl lurk and end up joining the forums sooner or later.

Pass the popcorn Wake..........
Old 10-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Mysticalism

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it does not look like ****, because if it does, you wouldn't have bought it, so learn logic before posting
Old 10-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
So which side will the lynch mob side with this time. One guy out of how many states that rear diffusser does not fit. I think I am having deja vu.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:48 PM
BocaIvan

I would think this is a user error. If they have made numerous diffusers without any problems and this 1 has an issue...sounds to me like a problem with the install.

Quick Reply: Auto-X Rear Valence