Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Tail light and Head light bulb replacement???

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:09 PM
aturco86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tail light and Head light bulb replacement???

Ok, I know there are threads already on here about removal of the tail lights and head lights but I have more in depth questions on the "how to" for both. For the tail lights: After you remove the three screws form the interior, how the hell do you remove the tail light??? I have tried pulling it, tapping the screws out from the back, and much more. I cannot seem to get the tail light lose from the two clamps? Does anyone have a good suggestion or a detailed description on removing this dam thing to change my reverse light bulb?? Much appreciated! Now for the Head lights: I have seen you can go form the top or the wheel well, but how to you get to the parking/city light if I wanted to go from the top? I saw someone said to remove the air filter box, but how do you do this? Or if their is a better suggestion without taking the wheel off, please let me know, I could not seem to find it on here at all. Again much appreciated!!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 PM
nogoodname
Banned

did u check my thread on removing the tail lights, my DIY works and those tabs did not break. u just have to pull hard upwards and back.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:26 PM
aturco86

No I didn't see yours, thanks, I will try tomorrow and let you know. I swear I spent 30 minutes trying to get it out, but I will try pulling form the bottom and lifting up. Any advice for the head lights to change the parking/city light bulb?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Once the 3 nuts are off of the studs, pull the inner corner of the light outward. It should come loose. Then tap directly outward on the ends of the 2 outer studs with a hammer. Don't be afraid to tap with some force. I did this just yesterday. I didn't pull upwards as the 2 studs in the sockets on the outer edge go directly into the back of the car.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:45 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Took me literally 10 mins to get both taillights off the first time I ever did it. The trick is to stop being so gentle with your car...Its not going to break that easily.