Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Lexus license plate bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:29 PM
AndrewDDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus license plate bulbs

I have been noticing that the newer Lexus models look to have LED license plate bulbs that give off the perfect pure bright white light. After going through close to $100 worth of VLEDs and Superbrightleds, I am sick of them flickering after a few months or being way more blue than white. Does anyone know what kind of bulbs Lexus is using for their license plates?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Keng

Second to that, I got pulled over last time using Superbrightleds "Cool White"
Old 10-20-2009, 02:24 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i say go open ur friends Lexus and check it. haha that might be faster.

or maybe check on clublexus.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:28 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would have to assume it is because their license plate lights are made to be LED from the factory. Meaning the connection is probably a lot better than a plug and play bulb and LED's are of high quality. When our bulbs cost a few bucks a pop, you cant expect the best quality.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:31 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had my superbrightleds for a whole year and a half now. Still going strong and its pure white. Brighter than my friends new 2 month old lexus
Old 10-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
I also have mine from superbrightleds..however I have the natural white and thats the one that is identical to that of Lexus, looks great! i'll try to snap some tonight, the trick is to not have the LED insanely bright and blue, it has to have the perfect output along with pure white..i'll snap pics tonight..
Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 PM
HamstersG

Second the natural white suggestion. I am not having any problems after nearly a year.

Here is a post that might help. https://www.myg37.com/forums/2460286-post73.html

Originally Posted by Goonz
I also have mine from superbrightleds..however I have the natural white and thats the one that is identical to that of Lexus, looks great! i'll try to snap some tonight, the trick is to not have the LED insanely bright and blue, it has to have the perfect output along with pure white..i'll snap pics tonight..
Old 10-20-2009, 09:31 PM
AndrewDDS

I had the Cool White superbrightleds (WLED-CW5) and after about 8 months they started flickering like crazy. You guys haven't had problems with that?
Old 10-20-2009, 09:51 PM
XMMAN

I've had mine in since jan from superbright leds the one with 5 lights on it.. on license plate, headlights, doors, and map lights.. not one is flickering yet...(knock on wood) Im always nervous about the ones up front flickering so i always try to look at them before i leave the house at night and when on the road i look at them in the reflection of the cars infront of me at redlights.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:54 PM
nogoodname
Banned

VLEDs working for me.... cool white... but not bright........... just wanted a change from yellowish light to cool white without making it brighter....
Old 10-20-2009, 09:56 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Keng
Second to that, I got pulled over last time using Superbrightleds "Cool White"
Pulled over...for license plate lights?! For "Cool White" license plate lights?! That sucks man, how in the world did that happen? Unless you had them super bright blue or something I don't see how a cop could pull you over for that...

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
I had the Cool White superbrightleds (WLED-CW5) and after about 8 months they started flickering like crazy. You guys haven't had problems with that?
That's the ones I have and I've had 0 problems with them
Old 10-20-2009, 09:59 PM
SilverBullet

Originally Posted by nogoodname
VLEDs working for me.... cool white... but not bright........... just wanted a change from yellowish light to cool white without making it brighter....
I have the superbright leds and I think its too bright. What size do you have nogood for the license plate bulbs?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:46 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet
I have the superbright leds and I think its too bright. What size do you have nogood for the license plate bulbs?
my thread on it

bulbs used:
2 SUPER HID WHITE 4 LED WEDGE BASE 194 158 168
Old 10-21-2009, 02:36 AM
Keng

Originally Posted by hispeed-lowdrag
Pulled over...for license plate lights?! For "Cool White" license plate lights?! That sucks man, how in the world did that happen? Unless you had them super bright blue or something I don't see how a cop could pull you over for that...
Well he did pull me over for that, wasn't speeding or breaking red light and I was two red light from my house Anyway he let me go after I claimed it's dealer add-on so...ya....
Old 10-21-2009, 04:00 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
thats what I have, its been a year now and no problems, love them! natural white

Quick Reply: Lexus license plate bulbs