Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

3M PPF/Clear Bra quote

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:53 AM
09G37xCpe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3M PPF/Clear Bra quote

Is this a decent price for a 3M PPF quote?

Hood Fender Mirror Kit
$ 378.81
Front Bumper Kit
$ 399.51
Rocker Panel Kit
$ 268.41
Headlight / Driving Light Kit (not 3M Film)
$ 109.00

10 percent discount so about $1040 for the whole thing (plus tax.)

I've been doing searches in forums to get an idea of what people are paying and IMO it seems a little bit high.

Last edited by 09G37xCpe; 10-14-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Added search
Old 10-14-2009, 11:27 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Personally I would not do the rockers or headlights and the price for the other two seem fine to me if done with highest quality. You can always get it done for less and have crap, so be careful. Even though I got my bumper, hood, fender and mirrors for free from my dealer, it was priced out at $900 two years ago.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Raizon

I went with VentureShield which I think is a better material than what 3M uses.

It cost me $600 flat for...
* Hood
* Side Mirrors
* Headlamps
* Fenders
* Front Bumper
* Door Edges
* Door Handle Cup
Old 10-14-2009, 04:05 PM
606zpx

3m bought out Venture Tape (maker of Ventureshield) some time ago.

3m now significantly improved and has large network.

My infiniti dealer works with the installer in Hilton Head. He usually charge 750 for hood, bumper, mirrors, cup guards. I got it for dealer cost at 550. Had them tint with 3m color stable and air blue 80 on the windshield at the same time.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:52 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
True that 3M bought them out and that 3M film has improved, but just to be clear the films are not identical. I have both new 3M and Ventureshield and happy with both. The key is the install quality. My 3M installer was better than even my second Ventureshield installer.

Originally Posted by 606zpx
3m bought out Venture Tape (maker of Ventureshield) some time ago.

3m now significantly improved and has large network.

My infiniti dealer works with the installer in Hilton Head. He usually charge 750 for hood, bumper, mirrors, cup guards. I got it for dealer cost at 550. Had them tint with 3m color stable and air blue 80 on the windshield at the same time.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:35 AM
IronGuard

Okay 09G37xCpe,

I spoke to Glen at clearchoice (for over an hour), and he said if we both got our cars done he would give us a discount. He said for you, since you live near Allentown, if you drive to his place he will charge you $650 for 24" hood, mirrors, fender and bumper. If he comes to you, provided you have a garage, it will cost $7xx. Since I live closer he is charging me $700, which is more than you! Go figure.

He said he never received an email from you. But you are welcome to call him at 215-879-2783.

He's been doing this for 4 years, and he sounded pretty knowledgeable. He does Venture and 3M, but he suggested we use 3M. He used 3M on his three cars. He also has references if you ask him.

I'm scheduled for next week - which seems like an eternity for me. No pressure on you to get it done with him - if you don't it's only $50 more for me. $750 was his original quote.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
09G37xCpe

Ah great thanks Iron! I will call Glen and check it out. It makes sense for me to drive down to him (plus another reason to take the G out on the road!) Did he give you an estimate of how long the install takes and if you have to leave the car overnight?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
IronGuard

he said he didn't want to put a time frame on the car. but i think it takes around 6 hours? that's why he prefers to drive to people so they wont get bored. but be sure to ask him about that and whatever else is on your mind. he comes across as a thorough person and will walk you through the pattern selection process, the websites from where he orders from (which includes the prices) and the suggested method for our car.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:58 AM
09G37xCpe

Ah ok...so maybe it is better that he comes up here. I'll give him a call and discuss it with him. I appreciate the help!
Old 10-15-2009, 12:20 PM
IronGuard

actually, his price is the same as Sun& Shade. well at least for me. the same package is $700 after the 10% discount. im not sure now what to get.

i called Sun & Shade and they said you didn't have to leave the car with them, but it's preferred. the guy has 5 years experience and takes about 3-4 hours for a G coupe.

Sun& Shade is a bigger operation, and i wonder if that's better? what do you think?
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 PM
IronGuard

i think i might go with Sun& Shade. they can do this tomorrow and this makes the decision easy for me. sorry if you were thinking about clearchoice and his discount. sun&shade has a dust-free bay so the film doesn't catch airborne pollutants. the installer, wayne, does this everyday and sometimes works at the lexus dealership. thanks for providing the link.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:57 PM
IronGuard

okay so i scheduled with sun&shade for tomorrow morning at 10. i feel bad about clearchoice, since he spent so much time explaining things to me, but keeping the front of the car perfect is more important. ill let you know how they do. btw, im doing the first two packages, not the rocker panel or light assemblies.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:51 PM
09G37xCpe

OK good to know Iron. Plenty of good info to go on if I go with Sun & Shade or Clear Choice. I got my paperwork today but I'm not going to pick up the car until Monday after the weather blows through. It's just going to be really nasty up my way the next few days (and down your way) and I'd rather just take my time taking delivery.

I'll let you know what I decide though. Let me know how it works out with Sun & Shade and if you're satisfied with the work.

Thanks!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:16 PM
IronGuard

yes i will keep you updated. unfortunately, if I want the 3M, ill have to wait until next Tuesday because they need to order a roll. if i went with extell (sp?), they could do it tomorrow. so i will continue to drive like a granny on the right side of the road at annoyingly slow speed while others zoom past me with glaring looks of disgust, until tuesday.

and i must say im impressed with your amazing willpower to hold off on the pickup. youre right that's best for your car, but personally, i couldnt wait. i was like a kid on x-mas morning ready to unwrap presents.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:24 PM
09G37xCpe

Ha trust me it's not easy. I spend more time looking at them on here than I do working. I even have a Blue Slate pic on my desktop as my wallpaper. My mom is coming in tomorrow from Chicago for a few hours and she has an 07 G37x sedan and wanted to see it so that made it even harder to wait.

I've waited this long...I can wait a few days more for good weather. The wife wanted to do it Saturday but if I'm not going today or tomorrow I'm not going Saturday since now they're saying that'll be the worst day. It figures we had to get hammered now of all times.

Quick Reply: 3M PPF/Clear Bra quote