Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Teaser: Autokits-X rear Diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
unsure of when I was mature, or who isnt or is mature but ill say it again. these FINS are not real diffusors. they all are weak and at best are a fancy overlay - from status elites over priced garbage to 180 customs and now this. sorry boys
Bear in mind, that diffuser is purely for aesthetics and functionality isn't myG37's main concern, nor is that on any other CF component for that matter (CF Hood, Trunk, Roofcap, headlights, wheels, front lip etc..)

You want a functional one, get something like this.. G37s aren't track cars

Old 09-22-2009, 11:38 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Subscribed. Looks good!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:05 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
Bear in mind, that diffuser is purely for aesthetics and functionality isn't myG37's main concern, nor is that on any other CF component for that matter (CF Hood, Trunk, Roofcap, headlights, wheels, front lip etc..)

You want a functional one, get something like this.. G37s aren't track cars

lol you guys havent a clue. forget functionality, thats what you call a diffuser. these "diffusers" for our cars are just a fancy overlay - does anyone get that or am i with stupid? sam send me a link to where i can get something like that G37 specific and ill personally drive the distance and pay cash. ive looked and looked and have something in the works. its going to be expensive but ill have a DIFFUSER, NOT an overlay.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
i wouldnt call it an overlay, its more like a CF rear valance.

I think mastergrade is looking into making one like the original TS design which seems to be what youre looking for.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
pfizzle

I love you all. But dude has a point.

This is a diffuser.. And they don't cost much, plus they serve functionality. Example CF is 835 , FG is 530

Old 09-22-2009, 12:16 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If a company made that, for the cost it would be, less than 5 people on this forum would buy it. So its unjustified.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 PM
pfizzle

What do you mean? Are you saying people are not willing to spend the money on funcationality?

I am holding back on a majority of these diffusers because they serve no funcationality. Make me a funcational rear diffuser and I will be the first to buy it.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 PM
tfmbigdog99

Originally Posted by Stoof@180Custom

I think mastergrade is looking into making one like the original TS design which seems to be what youre looking for.
mastergrade? my trunk was on order since i hit puberty till i cancelled it and with all the roofcap complaints I have no interest in ordering anything from those scammers.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
tfmbigdog99

Originally Posted by pfizzle
What do you mean? Are you saying people are not willing to spend the money on funcationality?

I am holding back on a majority of these diffusers because they serve no funcationality. Make me a funcational rear diffuser and I will be the first to buy it.
put me and PFIZZLE down. give me something that serves a purpose or ATLEAST LOOKS like it serves a purpose god damnit!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:28 PM
pfizzle

If a company made that, for the cost it would be, less than 5 people on this forum would buy it. So its unjustified.

Oh and one more thing. There a lot of G37 drivers out there that do not even frequent any forums and still mod their cars. Just some food for thought.

For example I have had vossens sold to a friend of mine that was out side of the forums.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:59 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

I agree with both of you guys but well let's face it, our cars come with a "spoiler" from the factory, someone tell me they put that thing for increased downforce and not purely for looks
Old 09-22-2009, 02:21 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
lol you guys havent a clue. forget functionality, thats what you call a diffuser. these "diffusers" for our cars are just a fancy overlay - does anyone get that or am i with stupid? sam send me a link to where i can get something like that G37 specific and ill personally drive the distance and pay cash. ive looked and looked and have something in the works. its going to be expensive but ill have a DIFFUSER, NOT an overlay.
Ok, so terminology mistake. We'll have to remind people to also double check for typo and grammar from now on. You're definitely not stupid and has a point.

+1, rear valence sounds like a better fit.

Originally Posted by G37Sam
I agree with both of you guys but well let's face it, our cars come with a "spoiler" from the factory, someone tell me they put that thing for increased downforce and not purely for looks
+1

Why do people get so caught up in the fact that "omg this POS is not even functional, damn all". When most people buy an Infiniti G37, I'm sure they aren't planning to strip the interior to make it an all out race car. More will spend money on something that looks good rather than a functional diffuser that will be of little help on the 3800lb luxury sports coupe. If you just must have a "diffuser" that works, maybe it's time to trade in the G for a STI.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:30 PM
BocaIvan

Can we get back to the topic of this thread? If you guys want to talk about functionality of rear difusers, start another thread...
Old 09-22-2009, 02:35 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Originally Posted by BocaIvan
Can we get back to the topic of this thread? If you guys want to talk about functionality of rear difusers, start another thread...
Good call

Back to topic folks
Old 09-22-2009, 02:38 PM
SOLISIMO

Yes thank you!

Quick Reply: Teaser: Autokits-X rear Diffuser