Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

[SoCal] Tint and HID bulb @ Amplified Motorsport?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
krypt0n1te83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[SoCal] Tint and HID bulb @ Amplified Motorsport?

Hi all,

I've done some searches on this forum and seems like Amplified Motorsport has quite a reputation for their mods, but what about their tints and HID bulbs? Others on this forum recommended California Tint at Rosemead for tint. I just called them, they don't take appointments and they stop taking cars at 11am on Saturday. I live in San Diego, so getting to them on time is a problem. I can make appointment with AmpM. Both Cal Tint and AmpM quoted $120 for the coupe. Cal Tint uses Johnson tint, AmpM wasn't sure.

2nd, I want to replace my HID bulb. I know ppl will recommend HPA HID ($90 shipped). However, I have no tools (nor time or experience) whatsoever to install these HID. AmpM quoted me $140 for their HID set installed. My local Infiniti dealership quoted me for $120 if I bring in my own HID bulbs to install. How are AmpM's HID set compare with HPA? Where else can I get HID bulb install if I buy the HPA instead of AmpM

I basically need a one stop place to get my tint and HID done. I prefer to have tint before summer is over and the HID replaced before Daylight Saving time ends. I'm going to LA this weekend. Should I just get everything done at AmpM?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:46 PM
SOLISIMO

Go to Ampd, Ive recieved nothing but great customer service from Lou, as far as HPA and the bulb do a search before you buy. Get it done right the first time instead of paying twice down the road.

Ampd is a known vendor with a good rep, dont take it to some regular tint store that you know nothing about
Old 09-15-2009, 05:47 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have Amplified's 6000K HID. They work great, check out the pics in my photo album. Also, when I got them, they came with life time warranty. Can't beat that.

Amplified is reputable on the forum and in So Cal for Gs. It's pretty much the 1 stop shop for so cal Gs. I go there for everything, even oil change . But if you're worried about the tint, just talk to them about your concerns and see what they say.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:57 PM
krypt0n1te83

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
I have Amplified's 6000K HID. They work great, check out the pics in my photo album. Also, when I got them, they came with life time warranty. Can't beat that.

Amplified is reputable on the forum and in So Cal for Gs. It's pretty much the 1 stop shop for so cal Gs. I go there for everything, even oil change . But if you're worried about the tint, just talk to them about your concerns and see what they say.
Thanks for your feedback. I know Ampd is reputable on the forum. I called them about the tint and they said it's not them who does it. They call in some other guy to do the tint at their location. That was my concern.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've seen the guy that they call install someone's tint when i was there once. Dude's work is legit.

I have their HID's too. Have had them for more than a year and have had no issues. Lifetime Warranty - Can't beat that IMO
Old 09-15-2009, 07:48 PM
smalls'g37

for the HIDs definitely talk to Lou. he will get you a good price on some great bulbs with a great warranty. As for tint...there are tons of shops in SD to choose from. Actually, I think one of the SD members on here works at one from what I can recal. I think his name is 619 g-ride or something like that. best of luck
Old 09-15-2009, 08:04 PM
krypt0n1te83

Originally Posted by smalls'g37
for the HIDs definitely talk to Lou. he will get you a good price on some great bulbs with a great warranty. As for tint...there are tons of shops in SD to choose from. Actually, I think one of the SD members on here works at one from what I can recal. I think his name is 619 g-ride or something like that. best of luck
I used to go to California Tint in Rosemead, LA area, for my 2005 TSX tint. That shop was recommended by my friends, TSX forums, and this G forum. I would go back to this place except this time they stop taking cars on saturday at 11am becuz they are just that busy. That's why i looked into Amplified Motorsport, since I needed someone to install HID bulb for me also this weekend. And in the future, I plan on getting Eibach spring and Injen CAI from them, so I just thought I might as well stick to one shop for all my needs.

Last edited by krypt0n1te83; 09-15-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: typing mindlessly = bad grammar
Old 09-15-2009, 08:06 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got my tint from CA tint. At that time, Amplified didn't offer tint. But if they're willing to work with the guy and refer customers to him, they must trust in his work, which would be enough for me. The good thing is that they'll stand behind the product/service, so you don't have to worry about that.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the bulbs from Lou i love mine!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:50 AM
TJHG37S

Yup, decent price for bulbs installed! AMPd FTMFW

Originally Posted by gan78mao
get the bulbs from Lou i love mine!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:30 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by krypt0n1te83
Thanks for your feedback. I know Ampd is reputable on the forum. I called them about the tint and they said it's not them who does it. They call in some other guy to do the tint at their location. That was my concern.
i think ed does the tint (and clear bra) installations for them. good guy and does great work so you shouldn't have to worry about bubbling or anything in the future
Old 09-21-2009, 05:34 PM
krypt0n1te83

I ended up going to Cal Tint for the tint and HPA 6K for the HID bulb and having AmpM do the install. Lou wasn't there, but Jet (sp?) did the work for me.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:34 PM
g37rockss

how much did they charge to install the bulbs?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:52 PM
krypt0n1te83

$45 to install. Took him about 15-20 minutes.

Speaking of bulbs, I'm having some problems with mine. So this is HPA 6K bulbs and I got them installed by Jet at Amplified Motorsport. Pointing my car straight at a white wall about 20 feet away, the right side is white/yellow while the left side is more white/blue. When I pull behind some cars with clean bumpers, I can easily see the reflection of my left side with a blue hue, while I can barely see any reflection from my right side. Is this an installation problem, or a problem with the bulbs?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That's a straight up bulb problem man.

Shoulda just gone with amp's bulbs to begin with. You get what you pay for bro.

Quick Reply: [SoCal] Tint and HID bulb @ Amplified Motorsport?