Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help My headlights are taking too long

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I will say that initially I had allot of trouble getting a reply from Igor but once I did and shipped my headlights he was pretty good about keeping me updated. The project took allot longer than I hoped but there were issues getting the new LED's in stock and I was given the option to go with the old LED's if I needed my headlights back right away and I opted to wait. This was also before Stoof worked there.

I am also very happy with the quality of the work.

Last edited by Kidcane; 09-08-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:38 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
To add onto what Stoof said.

This was a holiday weekend and since I've been getting so many phone calls and txt's AFTER work hours, I simply leave my work phone in the office because I don't want to be surrounded by headlight questions on my days off. Last he spoke to you was Friday (9/5), you speaking to him is not any different than speaking to me... I hired Stoof as my assistant, and he speaks to my customers on MY behalf.

With every PM you sent me, you said TAKE YOUR TIME, I HAVE SPARE HEADLIGHTS, you even said it over the phone when we spoke. Your order and JKashat's orders were all meant to go out this week because I got backed up with a bunch of orders on Saturday.

I understand it's an expensive order, but because no one got back to you during LABOR DAY WEEKEND, you get a fit over it? Sorry, I didn't know you were so impatient, if I had known, your headlights would have went out before August was over.

As far as the time line goes. We received his headlights on the 26th or 27th of August, same time JKashat's headlights arrived. Last week we were busy as hell getting a few things cleared up at the shop with customers that have waited on their lights a lot longer.

Again, w/e wasn't cleared up on my behalf, I apologize for.

My work is not all about money, it's about keeping customers satisfied, since you're not satisfied, I'll make your order an even $900, but there is no way I'm shipping the lights until everything is paid for. The way I see it, is you're one pissed off customer, with 2 posts under his account, for all I know you can disappear and I'll never hear from you again. If you were a well known and respected member like JKashat on this board, I would gladly ship the lights first and ask for payment when the lights are installed... but unfortunately you are not one of those people, so I cannot do that, to keep my a$$ covered.

Your lights will go out via FedEx Ground on Wednesday, tracking provided.

Again, sorry for the unexpected delay.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:44 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wth if you received it august 27th - 28th then it's only been about a week lol. That's not that long of a wait for the op.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:45 PM
ShanesG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too soon junior.....
Old 09-08-2009, 01:51 PM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by Igor@180Custom

I simply leave my work phone in the office because I don't want to be surrounded by headlight questions on my days off.

The way I see it, is you're one pissed off customer, with 2 posts under his account, for all I know you can disappear and I'll never hear from you again. If you were a well known and respected member like JKashat on this board, I would gladly ship the lights first and ask for payment when the lights are installed... but unfortunately you are not one of those people, so I cannot do that, to keep my a$$ covered.

Word Igor got pissed at me for bringing up headlight mods at a meet last time. LMAO. Totally understandable though. I mean, do you want to talk about your job when your off?

Igor is very good at keeping his customers satisfied, and his reputation precedes him. Definitely see why he can't ship them out without payment. Why would you want to recieve them without payment first anyways? It's not like Igor is going anywhere if, and that's a big IF, you have problems with your headlights. You can always speak to him about it.

I can't wait to finally set up an appointment to get mine done Igor! Give Stoof a kiss for me if he's in today.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:05 PM
SF11G37

I am really sorry about the multiple posts and the tone of them but I was really upset. You do great work man and I did tell you to take your time. You can take all the time you want just let me know what the timeline is. You said in your post that you have extra light parts and you do the work before you get the lights and turnaround is next business day. I mailed them on the 17th and you got them on the 24th, so technically, all the work should have been done and mailed back to me that week. You are backed up, I understand but let me know man. It took you until wednesday just to let me know you got them ok. You want to take a month to do them then take a month but at least respond to my questions. I sent you 10 texts and maybe 5 pms over that time span. I don't think it is excessive. You are on this forum all the time, you cant take 5 secs to tell me that it will be another week. I spoke with Stoof last Wednesday or Thursday, he said you were getting leds in that day and that my lights would be finished and shipped the next day. Then nothing. I understand it is a holiday week-end but you could have just sent a pm saying that it will be another week and I would have been fine.
Its not the money I am worried about but what if I get the lights and an LED is out or the housing is not sealed, then what? I have to spend another $500 and go through all of this again.
You have to understand that the time and energy I have invested in this project far outweighs the costs and that is the source of my frustration. I spent six months debating and photoshopping and coming up with options for the lights. Then another two shopping for spares. Also, I dont want UPS to leave $3000 on my porch so I have to be here the day they are delivered. We both travel a little for business and we are going to Costa Rica in two weeks. When that date changes all the time, it adds to my frustration
Even at reduced costs I am still in over $2000. It may be chump change to some of you but it isn't for me and try convincing your wife or girlfriend that it is not an unnecessary expense.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:09 PM
SOLISIMO

This wouldnt happend at Status Elite
Old 09-08-2009, 03:16 PM
SF11G37

Not for nothing Igor. I may be one pissed off customer with 2 posts under my belt and I understand why you want payment first. You are right, I could disappear but who are you to me? You gave me no receipt for the lights or a work order so you could just as easily disappear with my headlights. You have to understand that when I don't hear from you for days on end, it adds to my concern and frustration. I am not impatient but I do need to know how long patience is required.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:21 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SF11G37
I am really sorry about the multiple posts and the tone of them but I was really upset. You do great work man and I did tell you to take your time. You can take all the time you want just let me know what the timeline is. You said in your post that you have extra light parts and you do the work before you get the lights and turnaround is next business day. I mailed them on the 17th and you got them on the 24th, so technically, all the work should have been done and mailed back to me that week. You are backed up, I understand but let me know man. It took you until wednesday just to let me know you got them ok. You want to take a month to do them then take a month but at least respond to my questions. I sent you 10 texts and maybe 5 pms over that time span. I don't think it is excessive. You are on this forum all the time, you cant take 5 secs to tell me that it will be another week. I spoke with Stoof last Wednesday or Thursday, he said you were getting leds in that day and that my lights would be finished and shipped the next day. Then nothing. I understand it is a holiday week-end but you could have just sent a pm saying that it will be another week and I would have been fine.
Its not the money I am worried about but what if I get the lights and an LED is out or the housing is not sealed, then what? I have to spend another $500 and go through all of this again.
You have to understand that the time and energy I have invested in this project far outweighs the costs and that is the source of my frustration. I spent six months debating and photoshopping and coming up with options for the lights. Then another two shopping for spares. Also, I dont want UPS to leave $3000 on my porch so I have to be here the day they are delivered. We both travel a little for business and we are going to Costa Rica in two weeks. When that date changes all the time, it adds to my frustration
Even at reduced costs I am still in over $2000. It may be chump change to some of you but it isn't for me and try convincing your wife or girlfriend that it is not an unnecessary expense.
I understand your frustration, and I see where you are coming from. I sincerely apologize for not keeping you up to date. When you said you weren't in a rush, I automatically assume that I have a few weeks to work on the lights, normally if a customer needs his lights ASAP, they go out within 2-3 business days, in your case you gave me time to play with, so I figured you weren't in a rush at all.

I'll be sure to keep you updated as much as possible till you receive your lights, till then please don't assume that my company is a joke, I take everything seriously considering this is my FULL TIME JOB. I felt insulted, and on top of that you're assuming that an LED might be out, or they might not be sealed right, I do everything to assure that customer who mail their lights in get a top of the line inspection before the lights are packaged, because I know the frustration of mailing out the lights for warranty work, even thought that's the only option for out of state customers. Just like every other company out there, I warranty my work, and the most I can do is ask you to mail your lights in, on top of which I cover the shipping one way.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

we already have one vendor killer, we dont need two :P
Old 09-08-2009, 03:23 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
vendor killer
Old 09-08-2009, 03:35 PM
JKashat

Originally Posted by Igor@180Custom

This was a holiday weekend and since I've been getting so many phone calls and txt's AFTER work hours, I simply leave my work phone in the office because I don't want to be surrounded by headlight questions on my days off. Last he spoke to you was Friday (9/5), you speaking to him is not any different than speaking to me... I hired Stoof as my assistant, and he speaks to my customers on MY behalf.

With every PM you sent me, you said TAKE YOUR TIME, I HAVE SPARE HEADLIGHTS, you even said it over the phone when we spoke. Your order and JKashat's orders were all meant to go out this week because I got backed up with a bunch of orders on Saturday.

I understand it's an expensive order, but because no one got back to you during LABOR DAY WEEKEND, you get a fit over it? Sorry, I didn't know you were so impatient, if I had known, your headlights would have went out before August was over.

As far as the time line goes. We received his headlights on the 26th or 27th of August, same time JKashat's headlights arrived. Last week we were busy as hell getting a few things cleared up at the shop with customers that have waited on their lights a lot longer.

Again, w/e wasn't cleared up on my behalf, I apologize for.

My work is not all about money, it's about keeping customers satisfied, since you're not satisfied, I'll make your order an even $900, but there is no way I'm shipping the lights until everything is paid for. The way I see it, is you're one pissed off customer, with 2 posts under his account, for all I know you can disappear and I'll never hear from you again. If you were a well known and respected member like JKashat on this board, I would gladly ship the lights first and ask for payment when the lights are installed... but unfortunately you are not one of those people, so I cannot do that, to keep my a$$ covered.

Your lights will go out via FedEx Ground on Wednesday, tracking provided.

Again, sorry for the unexpected delay.
Damn, I knew my name would get brought up in this thread, LOL.
I understand you guys have been backed up and yes I do have an extra set thanks to PFizzle.
No rush on my end, just anxious to get them back and see how sweet they are and have my front end COMPLETE, yay.

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
This wouldnt happend at Status Elite
I literally Laughed Out Loud.

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh

vendor killer
Old 09-08-2009, 03:36 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SF11G37
Not for nothing Igor. I may be one pissed off customer with 2 posts under my belt and I understand why you want payment first. You are right, I could disappear but who are you to me? You gave me no receipt for the lights or a work order so you could just as easily disappear with my headlights. You have to understand that when I don't hear from you for days on end, it adds to my concern and frustration. I am not impatient but I do need to know how long patience is required.
Well put it this way...

Why would I ruin my reputation over a set of headlights? My reputation is everything to me, and I do everything I possibly can to keep up with it. A customer can come and go, but a well respected and trusted company stays around to keep everyone happy, I'm not going to throw my life away on one customer, trust me.

Be assured that your lights will be in full working condition when you receive them, and you'll be one of my 100's of customers who's satisfied in the end.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:37 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

vendor killer
iydkydg :P
Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by JKashat
Damn, I knew my name would get brought up in this thread, LOL.
I understand you guys have been backed up and yes I do have an extra set thanks to PFizzle.
No rush on my end, just anxious to get them back and see how sweet they are and have my front end COMPLETE, yay.

I literally Laughed Out Loud.

someone said another vendor killer and Im asking who is the original vendor killer bc I really hope hes not talking about HPauto

Quick Reply: Help My headlights are taking too long