Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hope everyone can resolve this quickly.

Last edited by Blackjack; 08-04-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Damn... Great looking stuff Igor... and a solid reputation to back the product as well.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Guys --

Please handle this professionaly. No more posting of emails or PMs or this thread will be closed.

Thanks.

Last edited by Blackjack; 08-04-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:52 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jnguyen
hmm this part doesn't make sense.

They said they can't refund you because there is a nick on it so they can't sell it as new again. Does this mean that if there was no nick then they would have just buff it out and sell it as a new one instead of telling people it was used?
I find it comical that Status Elite usually does not accept returns of "already installed" parts yet are probably willing to sell back a part that was already installed as long as it has no "blemishes" and looks new.

Bottom line is they could have avoided this bad press on the forums had they refunded you 100% and kept you a happy/silent camper. Now the whole forum knows that they make mediocre products with crappy fitment and that in effect will lose them more money than the restocking fee they earn from you. The combined potential risk of ordering mediocre product w/bad fitment and that from a company that still will try to nickle and dime you on the return process does not sound so appealing to me. If you lose $$$ on this, know that it wasn't in vain. I know I will never be purchasing from them. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Comment Removed by Blackjack

Last edited by Blackjack; 08-04-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:04 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sometimes, even with full refund for the product/service in question. The customer will still not be 100% happy. Once the sour taste is left in their mouth, it's hard to clear it up.

Sometimes, they'll even go as far as to privately message other members to stay away from the said vendor in the future from a particular and very arguable experience.

I guess at that point, it'll be up to the public's discretion.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Sometimes, even with full refund for the product/service in question. The customer will still not be 100% happy. Once the sour taste is left in their mouth, it's hard to clear it up.

Sometimes, they'll even go as far as to privately message other members to stay away from the said vendor in the future from a particular and very arguable experience.

I guess at that point, it'll be up to the public's discretion.
Thats a great point !!!! I had a not so pleasant experience with a vendor and member on here ..
Old 08-04-2009, 02:25 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
didn't read all the PMs but this caught my attention:

It is the customer’s responsibility to determine item compatibility and fitment prior to ordering such as you would with any aftermarket or OEM part.
how do u determine fitment ahead of time b4 ordering the item? i can only determine fitment after receiving the item and actually fitting it on the car
Old 08-04-2009, 02:32 AM
smalls'g37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[

how do u determine fitment ahead of time b4 ordering the item? i can only determine fitment after receiving the item and actually fitting it on the car
dude, didnt you know, you are supposed to have a crystal ball and have that **** figured out....ha ha. its not their problem if it doesnt fit right
Old 08-04-2009, 04:26 AM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please let us clear up your questions.

Originally Posted by JLai
"We will also apply new 3M adhesive, supply new packets of adhesive promotor, instructions, and Status Elite Badge. Approximate value of $80 at no charge to you."

WOW. THAT'S worth $80?!
That $80 value includes half of shipping costs which ranges from $85 (so.cal) to $115(east coast)

Originally Posted by alexdee
I haven't read all the pages and don't intend too, but if you caused that knick there on the diffuser then by all means you deserve what's coming, BUT if the kick was there when you received the product then that's a different story altogether :P
"nick" or "gauge" was not there prior to shipping on our end. Customers need to inform shipping company and/or Status Elite of any damages upon arrival. No damages were brought to attention until today.

Originally Posted by jnguyen
hmm this part doesn't make sense.

They said they can't refund you because there is a nick on it so they can't sell it as new again. Does this mean that if there was no nick then they would have just buff it out and sell it as a new one instead of telling people it was used?
[quote=DetroitG37Joe;2703916]I find it comical that Status Elite usually does not accept returns of "already installed" parts yet are probably willing to sell back a part that was already installed as long as it has no "blemishes" and looks new.
quote]

We will only sell products as new with new packaging after thorough inspection if it is NOT installed. Otherwise in this special circumstance, it would have been sold discounted "like new" with a disclaimer of the the situation. But we cannot re-sell a clearly damaged product such as this diffuser.

Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[

Most times you would find reviews or comments about any product via internet, vendor, or test fitting yourself. In the instructions, we recommended mocking up the diffuser to the bumper to get a general idea of fitment. If you are not satisfied at the point, contact us, and majority of the time, we are sympathetic, and will give you a full refund and pay for your shipping costs back to us.

You will find same/similar wording suggesting a consumer to determine fitment ahead of time before ordering product on many many vendor's "terms and conditions".

Refund was granted only if the condition of the product was in new condition. We made sure it was mentioned several times prior to customer shipping return product. We don't want to be so harsh. But in this case, it looks to be a customer error in handling the product.
Any damages prior to recieving the product is our issue to deal with our shipping carrier. We are not resonsible for any damages after recieving product.

For example: Seibon will sell a carbon fiber hood/trunk, but installation required drilling of the product to install latches. When you drill the product, warrenty is immediately void.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:46 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ these reply still smell of a big fat fail for you guys. If anything this thread lost you your customers on here and Igor got them from you. Companies need to realizes the $100 in fees is going to cost them more in the long run. This thread is already on page 7 and showes no sign in stoping. I find it funny you will accept it back as bad fitment but would still be willing to resell it if it did not have a scratch. If it is poor fitment it shoulf have been throwen in the bin scratch/nick or not. Bad move on your part SE. This is now going on the the 5 other forms I am on as a warning to people as to what type of quality and service to expect from you. This thread already pops up on google when youi type in your you name. Hope this was worth it to you.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:17 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Status Elite
We usually do not accept product returns if installed. It is the customer’s responsibility to determine item compatibility and fitment prior to ordering such as you would with any aftermarket or OEM part.
WTF??? It is his responsibility to make sure your crap actually fits before he orders it? Fuck that, if I order a part that specifically says it is for my car, I expect it to fit. That is YOUR responsibility to provide a product that fits.

Because it was installed, we requested a fair $25 fee for all repackaging materials, removal and installation of new 3M UHB adhesive, instructions, badging, and 3M adhesive promoter.
In your Email you said that all that plus the Status Elite badge is worth over 80 dollars. So is that yet another lie or are you trying to claim that the SE badge is worth over $55 ?

Most carbon fiber products are hand-crafted Small and minor imperfections are inevitable which is considered as industry normal. The aesthetic appeal of our diffuser is the "dry carbon" look.
Really, for 600 dollars you consider minor imperfections normal? This is why you are no where near on the same level as ARK, Top Secret or any other company you claim. Imperfections are only normal for the shit you peddle on this site. It is obvious you have no problems selling poor fitting parts and even reselling the same poor fitting part to someone else. (So you can charge them 175 dollars in fees as well)

I just had a good friend order almost 3k worth of dry carbon fiber parts for his GT-R (Engine dress us) from Password JDM. I can guarantee you 100% that there will not be a single imperfection anywhere and it will fit perfect. They would never let anything like that leave their shop.

refunds are subject to a 25% restocking fee.
Really? You are going to charge him $150 dollars, plus $25 fee for some $2 dollar 3M tape, and make him pay shipping for a shitty product that doesn't fit?

Status Elite is a Fucking Joke and should try to go scam someone else.

BYE

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 08-04-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:30 AM
shumby

LOL next they will pull a Ericksen infiniti and say they are sueing for slander. lol

SE = Fail
Old 08-04-2009, 07:36 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PS. I just looked it up.

Password JDM (who does not even claim to be on same level as ARK or Top Secret) actually does guarantee PERFECT FITMENT and PERFECT FINISH. They DO NOT charge any restocking fees at all if fitment or finish is off.

Maybe Seibon would say imperfections are normal. I would say SE is on same level as Mastergrade and Seibon.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 AM
shumby

Google Advanced Search
Preferences
Search: the web pages from the UK

WebHide optionsShow options... Results 1 - 10 of about 14,400,000 for Status Elite. (0.31 seconds)
Search ResultsMyG37 - View Profile: Status EliteTotal Albums: 3; Total Pictures: 51; Albums Created by Status Elite ... Garage. Status Elite has no vehicles in the garage. Go to Status Elite's garage ...
http://www.myg37.com/forums/members/...tus-elite.html - Cached - Similar
Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS ...15 posts - 10 authors - Last post: 14 hours ago
This is an PM that I received from Status Elite just minutes ago. Mind you I chose to send the CF rear diffuser back because of poor fit and finish. ...
myg37.com/.../197810-email-from-status-elite-after-shipping-back-cf-rear-diffuser-bs.html - 14 hours ago - Similar

Show more results from myg37.com

lol first hit on google.

Quick Reply: Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!