Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:17 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have no comment.... and for those who know.... you know why.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:20 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DrJones
i have no comment.... and for those who know.... you know why.
a no-comment comment?

hehe, why?

sorry to hear that Jeff, I'm sure paypal/CC will cover your *** on this one. I've had no experience or know anyone who have experience with SE so I'm indifferent to that company still. I do agree that their prices are a little too much, $600 for a CF diffuser?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:14 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Igor@180Custom
I'll start taking payments when they come in, I dont want people getting worried over their deposit if theres some sort of delay.

Besides, woulda been free for you with a lot of other crap if you helped me out.
Still trying man. My aunt decided against it, so I am trying my cousin
Old 08-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is why i never buy sh*t off the jump....i hope you get your money back man.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, we do check the forums frequently, but not up to the minute. This thread has just caught our attention. We usually like to resolve any issues privately and not publicly, but some members believe our decision is unfair. We will elaborate from Status Elite’s standpoint.

We have guidelines we must follow with refund/warranty requests to ensure legitimacy. We usually do not accept product returns if installed. It is the customer’s responsibility to determine item compatibility and fitment prior to ordering such as you would with any aftermarket or OEM part. Our policy enforces a 25% restocking fee on all UNISTALLED product returns to cover backend costs. A MAJORITY of aftermarket parts distributors charge 25%-35% restocking fee for all uninstalled parts., such as www.Gruppe-s.com, www.vividracing.com , www.horsepowerfreaks.com , ect. On the side note, warranty issues are a different matter.

Off Topic: Daniel(Dr.Jones) ‘s request of full refund on intakes was approved because there was a flaw not allowing him to install the mass airflow sensor correctly. Full refund sent as requested. No hard feelings.

In this scenario, JKashat has not stated any damages in private messages. I will post our following message conversations below. Any flaw should be brought to attention upon receiving product from shipping carrier to ensure no damages. All our products are insured with our shipping carrier (UPS). We approved JKashat’s refund on an INSTALLED product because he was not satisfied, and with less than a week post installation. It was brought to his attention that approval of refund was valid ONLY if the product had no damages such as cracks, scratches, or unrepairable blemishes. Because it was installed, we requested a fair $25 fee for all repackaging materials, removal and installation of new 3M UHB adhesive, instructions, badging, and 3M adhesive promoter.

We received the product from JKashat with the 3M UHB tape removed. Thank You. But with inspection of the diffuser, it easily caught our eye that it had been deeply “nicked” or “gauged”. This type of flaw is not a minor scratched that can be repaired. This Dry Carbon product is not able to be repaired. We are not able to resell this product at a new state. We do have sympathy at Status Elite, therefore we offered a compromise, which still stands, even though there is a Paypal Dispute Case Filed and Open O_o. The offer consists of preparing the product with all its instruction, badge, apply new 3M UHB Adhesive, supply new packets of 3M adhesive promoter, screws, retaining clips, and pay for half of the ground shipping costs to the new destination. Which would allow Jeff to find a buyer for a USED excellent diffuser with a minor unrepairable scratch. Our return guidelines should be understandable for a damaged product and because of its nature, we cannot repair or resell a product with that condition.

Let me know privately/publicly if you have any further questions.

Thank You,
Kevin Lowe
Status Elite
Old 08-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

Communication VIA Private Messages, Pacific Standard Time

JKashat 07-06-2009, 12:18PM
Please call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX.
I want to return the reaf CF valance for a refund.
Thanks,
Jeff

Status Elite 07-07-2009, 11:12AM
Hi Jeff, we are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the Status Elite Dry Carbon Rear Diffuser.

Most carbon fiber products are hand-crafted Small and minor imperfections are inevitable which is considered as industry normal. The aesthetic appeal of our diffuser is the "dry carbon" look. Majority of the consumers and car enthusiasts prefer this look versus the "wet laid" clearcoat appeal.

Status Elite will honor your return/refund. According to company policy as started in the "Terms and Conditions" section on our website, refunds are subject to a 25% restocking fee.

We normally do not accept returns after installation. If you have installed this particular product by applying the pre-installed 3m heavy duty tape attached to the diffuser to any surface. You are subject to $25 fee.

Customer is responsible for all shipping and handling charges on returns. Keep in mind, if there are any damages such as cracks, deep surface scratches, or abnormal blemishes, ect on the product, your return request will be denied.
We suggest purchasing insurance with your shipping carrier.

Let us know if you have any questions,

Status Elite
Old 08-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

JKashat 07-07-2009, 05:22PM
I never knew about a 25% restocking fee as I never had any mention or knowledge about you even having a website. I understand a small restocking fee but 25% seems very high/excessive, and then another $25 on top of that for the fact that the 3m tape. WOW! Is this the best you can do for me? I want to return this item because fitment was not up to the standards of what I was expecting for the price, that and the fact that even though I followed the installation steps to the tee the 3m tape was not holding properly. I hope that this is taken into consideration. Please let me know. Thanks,
Jeff Kashat

Status Elite 07-10-2009, 08:50AM
Jeff,
The best I can do for you is waiving the $25 fee for installing the diffuser. We have to re-prepare the product for resale by stripping off all adhesive and appy new adhesive. We also need to make sure there are no blemishes resolve if necessary. Let me know if you have further questions.

Kevin

JKashat 07-10-2009, 06:43PM
Sounds good thank you very much. Do I need an RA# and what address to I ship back to? THanks again,
Jeff Kashat.

Status Elite 07-13-2009, 08:03AM
Hey Jeff, you would not need a RA#.
Please send to:

ATTN: KEVIN

Again, please make sure there is suffice packaging materials used and add insurance to the package! We will inspect and take pictures of the diffuser upon arrival in front of the UPS driver. If there are cracks or unrepairable blemishes, we will not accept the return. Let me know if you have any questions.

Kevin
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Status Elite
Former Sponsor

JKashat 07-29-2009, 08:46AM
Kevin,
Have you received that rear diffuser back yet?
When should I expect the refund? Thanks!
-Jeff Kashat

Status Elite 07-29-2009, 06:22PM
Hey Jeff, we have not recieved the diffuser yet. Please allow 3-5 business days after we recieve the diffuser to send out the refund via check.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Kevin

Status Elite 08-03-2009, 09:07AM
Good morning Jeff,

We recieved your diffuser last weekend per your refund request. With thorough inspection, we found a knick rather than a scratch just above the exhaust on the passenger side diffuser. Each dry carbon product is not repairable. Only minor hairline scratches may be worked out. Each product is inspected by four different empoyees prior to shipping. I was actually the last inspect the product, package it, and ship it.

This diffuser will not be able to be resold as "new". As a team, we have concluded that this product cannot be refunded because of it's damage. Although, we would be more than gladly to work with you on your situation. As stated in earlier messeges, customer is repsonsible for all shipping charges pertaining to refunds, approved or not approved. We are willing to compensate you with 50% of ground shipping of the diffuser back to you. We will also apply new 3M adhesive, supply new packets of adhesive promotor, instructions, and Status Elite Badge. Approximate value of $80 at no charge to you. This will allow you to sell the diffuser as excellent contion with a minor knick.

Please understand that we are not able to repair this dry carbon product. Let us know if you have any further questions. Pictures of damaged diffuser shown below at time of arrival.

Kevin Lowe
Sales Manager

http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/w...atdiffuser.jpg

http://s724.photobucket.com/albums/w...tdiffuser1.jpg

JKashat 08-03-2009, 09:11AM
Both those marks were already there which along with the not perfect fitment is why I sent it back for a refund.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:11 PM
xlack
Registered Member

hmm.. so is this a problem of fitment or danmage issue? If it was a major fitment problem, then should an exchange/replacement be honored? But we all know how aftermarket especially CF products are, the fitment is usually 90-95% perfect... what is the tolerance level on this one? Is the fitment really that bad or what..
Old 08-03-2009, 11:14 PM
JLai

"We will also apply new 3M adhesive, supply new packets of adhesive promotor, instructions, and Status Elite Badge. Approximate value of $80 at no charge to you."

WOW. THAT'S worth $80?!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 PM
JKashat

LOL, they can post every PM communication we had between each other (which it looks like they did) but in the end they are trying to screw me out of my money for a part that had an inferior fit and a average at best finish.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:38 PM
ChOy BoY

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Pink fins?
something like that =0
Old 08-03-2009, 11:57 PM
alexdee

I haven't read all the pages and don't intend too, but if you caused that knick there on the diffuser then by all means you deserve what's coming, BUT if the kick was there when you received the product then that's a different story altogether :P
Old 08-04-2009, 12:24 AM
jnguyen

hmm this part doesn't make sense.

They said they can't refund you because there is a nick on it so they can't sell it as new again. Does this mean that if there was no nick then they would have just buff it out and sell it as a new one instead of telling people it was used?

Last edited by jnguyen; 08-04-2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
hmm this partdoesn't make sense.

They said they can not refund you because there is a nick on it so they can't sell it as new again. Does this mean that if there was no nick then they would have just buff it out and sell it as a new one instead of telling people it was used?
That's what it sounds like to me tooo........ Good eye... LOL.....

Quick Reply: Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!