Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
beathorsebeathorsebeathorse BOXER

I love you all.........in a totally non-homosexual way of course.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:35 AM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beat that horse, beat it like you mean it
Old 08-05-2009, 10:00 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Can you please update us Jeff?
Old 08-05-2009, 10:00 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 08-05-2009, 10:20 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I have the SE diffuser and I have the same gaps but not as bad . You really have to adjust it and play with it . I have never seen a CF piece fit 100% unless you spend alot of money for it. Even then I have seen fitment issues. Hope you get it worked out .
Old 08-05-2009, 11:19 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DaKine
Im not saying carbon only which is even harder to make compared to fiber glass, but i gurantee you, anyone here that bought the top secret lip kit had a problem with the rear bumper. Now tell me thats worth 3k. I also have a cousin in japan that bought the 5k plus ZELE kit and it also had fitment issues. Can you honestly say and gurantee that every aftermarket company in japan, big or small have always produced 100% fitment on body parts? Carbon or not?

If clueless people here compare engine dress up parts that you can mold to perfection from the OE parts as compared to add on panel like a diffuser or a lip without imperfections, those are ignorant people that maybe should do a little bit more reading/research before the post cause they are only proving my point, which is making an a$$ of themselves.

One thing i learned from forums is that there is too many guys here who pretends they know it all but when i read post/comments from them, they often prove one thing, that they dont know $hit. Im sure you guys know who they/who you are.

Back to topic: SE refund or not, i think its a little too late to make mends with OP. Too many waggoners jumped already
we are talking about cf here not FG. and i dont have any experience with the TS rear bumper for the 37. but i do the front bumper, hood and rear diffuser for the S2000 and every one of those items have perfect fitment. Zele kit? I dont know about anything in japan but i know the first one that came to the states and was installed has perfect fitment for a fact. I also know my personal Zele grill has perfect fitment. so in my opinion yes those parts are worth every penny when all i need to do is have them painted and install without any modifications needed. i have never had to return a single piece ever from japan for fitment issues. maybe thats because i only deal with the high end well known reputable japanese tuner houses.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:20 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by jnguyen
you have seen me on youtube?
im on youtube
Old 08-05-2009, 11:22 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
I have the SE diffuser and I have the same gaps but not as bad . You really have to adjust it and play with it . I have never seen a CF piece fit 100% unless you spend alot of money for it. Even then I have seen fitment issues. Hope you get it worked out .
just because you spend a lot doesnt equal high quality and perfect fitment as this thread shows. its about dealing with companies that have a good name and have been dealing with quality carbon work for a fair amount of time. if you deal with a company like that then it doesnt matter what you pay fitment and quality should always be 100% on carbon work.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:36 AM
nogoodname
Banned

280 ish posts and nothing good
Old 08-05-2009, 12:08 PM
JKashat

August 4, 2009 1:38PM

Re: Status Elite Diffuser Refund
Honestly, I appreciate finally having some direct communication, but again, I never saw a website or anything stating a 25% restocking fee or anything like that. You mention that 4 different people inspected this item, you being the last. Those marks were there! You also mention that minor blemishes are considered acceptable on CF products. In my opinion this means that 4 different people possibly looked at this item and all thought that the marks on it were acceptable to send out but not acceptable to to return. There were obvious fitment issues that I mentioned and showed in my original post. There were also blemishes and finish issues which I did mention but didn't show pictures of. These same blemishes and finish issues you are stating are my fault and were not there. Not true, at all. If you want me or a moderator to delete this thread please give me the full refund I deserve after all this grief the I have had to go though just to get a part for my car which I love. Otherwise, it will continue to be viewed and commented on and put a blemish on the reputation of Status Elite.
Thank you,
Jeff Kashat[/quote]

Jeff, I have trust my guys and myself that we did not see a "nick" like that on the product. We are all human and it could have surpassed us all. But we would never ship a product like that out. Communication on that part as soon as you noticed it, would have better informed us to take action. The only blemish we had noticed was that "nick" other than that, everything looked fine. By accepting this refund, we would need to sell the product as USED, and it will be discounted drastically (~$450shipped) after re-packaging and applying new adhesive. We believe that $25% is adequate and fair considering industry standards on return policy accepting only new, uninstalled products, and not accepting money returns on used products.

Let me know what you think,
Kevin Lowe
Old 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM
JKashat

Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Elite
Jeff Kashat-

This is Kevin at Status Elite. We understand your are uphappy with our decision. But take a step back and view from our standpoint why we would deny the refund claim with a damaged diffuser that cannot be repaired. There may have been other solutions to helping you out, but it is all through communication, such as this messege.

We usually do not check the forums multiple times a day, just once or twice, unless we know there is an issue or promotion going on, which may have left you without a response after our last messege to you.

We have responded to your claim filed with Paypal services with our response statement and message time log with pictures. Our restocking fee and return policy follows the industry standard. We do not mind bending our backs to ensure a fair compromise.

We also understand you do not wish to have this product. It will become more of a headache if we sent this back to you as is. We will not leave you stranded like that.

Cut to the chase, our policy statement will hold up strong with our supporting documents. We can try to work a deal for your benefit, so you it can be settled. We will accept your return with 25% restocking fee ONLY if you have a moderator delete this thread because lack of communication to compromise the refund situation issue. It is exactly the situation where communication and pursuasion could have cut it short. Comments pertainting to fitment issue has been over exaggerated, those who have had seen it first hand know it does not poor fitment.

Let me know what you think

Kevin Lowe
Status Elite
Honestly, I appreciate finally having some direct communication, but again, I never saw a website or anything stating a 25% restocking fee or anything like that. You mention that 4 different people inspected this item, you being the last. Those marks were there! You also mention that minor blemishes are considered acceptable on CF products. In my opinion this means that 4 different people possibly looked at this item and all thought that the marks on it were acceptable to send out but not acceptable to to return. There were obvious fitment issues that I mentioned and showed in my original post. There were also blemishes and finish issues which I did mention but didn't show pictures of. These same blemishes and finish issues you are stating are my fault and were not there. Not true, at all. If you want me or a moderator to delete this thread please give me the full refund I deserve after all this grief the I have had to go though just to get a part for my car which I love. Otherwise, it will continue to be viewed and commented on and put a blemish on the reputation of Status Elite.
Thank you,
Jeff Kashat
Old 08-05-2009, 12:10 PM
JKashat

What I got back...

Thank you,
Jeff Kashat[/quote]

Jeff, I have trust my guys and myself that we did not see a "nick" like that on the product. We are all human and it could have surpassed us all. But we would never ship a product like that out. Communication on that part as soon as you noticed it, would have better informed us to take action. The only blemish we had noticed was that "nick" other than that, everything looked fine. By accepting this refund, we would need to sell the product as USED, and it will be discounted drastically (~$450shipped) after re-packaging and applying new adhesive. We believe that $25% is adequate and fair considering industry standards on return policy accepting only new, uninstalled products, and not accepting money returns on used products.

Kevin Lowe
Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
JKashat

And what I send back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Elite
Thank you,
Jeff Kashat

Kevin Lowe[/quote]

I don't think that 25% is fair at all. You're just going to turn around a resell it and it's not the part costs you that much. Obviously, there is a hell of a markup and wether you sell it as new (I hope not) or used, you will be reselling it and making money on it twice. Not to mention the wasted money I paid to ship back to you. Not fair at all in my opinion. That's what I think.
Thank you,
Jeff Kashat
Old 08-05-2009, 12:13 PM
JKashat

And, the last communication I have received...

Honestly, what a joke. Whatever!

Kevin Lowe[/quote]
I don't think that 25% is fair at all. You're just going to turn around a resell it and it's not the part costs you that much. Obviously, there is a hell of a markup and wether you sell it as new (I hope not) or used, you will be reselling it and making money on it twice. Not to mention the wasted money I paid to ship back to you. Not fair at all in my opinion. That's what I think.
Thank you,
Jeff Kashat[/quote]

Jeff Kashat,

Between you and me, actually very hard to calculate costs on producing a dry carbon product. Our carbon is pre-preg, whereas it is always in the freezer racking up electricity. Turning on the autoclave oven for three hours to cure one diffuser drains electricity. Pre-preg carbon is shipped in temperature controlled vehicles which drives up costs. Time and labor has not been factored in also. The process of creating a full dry carbon product is much different than overlaying a fiberglass piece.

But, we will actually be passing the discount to a future buyer because of a used product and the history behind it. 25% off of $579= $434.25 If we charge $450 shipped, we would be losing in materials need to re-prep the diffuser. Keep in mind the 3M UHB Tape is $143/roll (enough for 7 diffusers), and other necessary materials such as 3M adhesive promotor packets, ect. In the end, if it were uninstalled, and no damages, you would get a full refund with shipping label back to us. This is a case of used and damaged diffuser.

Kevin Lowe
Old 08-05-2009, 12:46 PM
619G-ride

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this thread has entertained me to the fullest these past few hours at work. thanks ! lol

Quick Reply: Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!