Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 03:19 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Probably PasswordJDM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:20 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Does that mean I should cancel your pre-order?

Lmao nice response
Old 08-04-2009, 03:20 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Password JDM makes it. It is about 2500 for the whole engine dress up kit

They guarantee 100% perfect fit and finish. Not a single imperfection
Old 08-04-2009, 03:22 PM
TIMMAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow.. 2500 gets you 100% fitment.. not even 99% haha
Old 08-04-2009, 03:24 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Sounds expensive but it is dry carbon, plus it is 4 separate parts and very intricate, especially the engine cover.

You get what you pay for (except with SE)
Old 08-04-2009, 03:26 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

^lol that's funny
Old 08-04-2009, 03:28 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
<3 Password:JDM

I've seen their products in person, and it's nothing but quality.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
TIMMAY

like... ARC and HKS??.. would you say? =P
Old 08-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Triple_X

no no timmay, only SE is in their category
Old 08-04-2009, 03:32 PM
TIMMAY

aww.....
Old 08-04-2009, 03:34 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Wow this thread blew up to 14 pages in one day. That is not good for SE
Old 08-04-2009, 03:41 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DaKine
Does IvoryGt make his own product? I yet have to see one. I mean if you overlay carbon using oem parts that fits 100% and using wet lay process which is 5x cheaper than dry carbon process, it better be 100% fitment perfect.

Ive heard bad fitment stories from other carbon/fiberglass companies , thats just how it turns out, unfortunately, unless you have the resources like a car manufacturer to make perfect fitment molds, its never 100% fitment for aftermarket parts, that includes top secret, zele, nismo etc....

Whosyourbuddy, im not taking sides, dry carbon process is not cheap and maybe SE could have made it cheaper but your making an a$$ out of your self when you start comparing wet layed, overlayed parts against original dry carbon parts
Do you have any experience with cf from the brands you mentioned? because i do with all three and none have ever produced something in carbon fiber that i have used that had any fitment issues. what you dont understand is most of the japanese power house tuners all get their carbon work from one main company in japan. they are the largest producers of cf in japan and their work is flawless. which is why you dont see flaws or fitment issues that come from any of these companies because they have the large resources to produce and distribute to all the other tuners. the tuners just supply the designs. sounds like another person who has never delt with these things
Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
I compared both. Yes IvoryGT does wet laid, but only a portion of his parts are laid on top of OEM parts.

I also listed Password JDM, who uses only dry carbon fiber. I have seen my buddies engine bay many times and I promise you it is 100% perfect fit and there is not a single blemish anywhere.

Yes alot of companies do have 100% fitment. If you are paying the high dollars for quality parts, that is what you should get (not some sub par crap that pretends to be quality). I had a seibon cf TS hood on my G35 while my roommate has a real TS cf hood. It is night and day. His did fit perfectly, while mine had a small gap and cracked 3 months later.

I agree dry carbon fiber is not cheap but honestly the overhead is only about 150-200 per diffuser. For a 200% profit, high quality really should be the NORMAL, not small imperfections and 95% fitment.
why does it seem like everyone who gives their opinion has no ****ing idea what their talking about. your the only other one besides me who is making this by experience. if you have never seen a high quality item up close or next to one another like in your case with the TS you have no idea. it really is night and day. glad someone here understands that
Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 PM
nogoodname
Banned

So
Old 08-04-2009, 03:55 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by JKashat
between Kevin at Status Elite to me, and my response back to him.

What do you think or what he has said and offered and about my response?

Re: Status Elite Diffuser Refund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Elite
Jeff Kashat-

This is Kevin at Status Elite. We understand your are uphappy with our decision. But take a step back and view from our standpoint why we would deny the refund claim with a damaged diffuser that cannot be repaired. There may have been other solutions to helping you out, but it is all through communication, such as this messege.

We usually do not check the forums multiple times a day, just once or twice, unless we know there is an issue or promotion going on, which may have left you without a response after our last messege to you.

We have responded to your claim filed with Paypal services with our response statement and message time log with pictures. Our restocking fee and return policy follows the industry standard. We do not mind bending our backs to ensure a fair compromise.

We also understand you do not wish to have this product. It will become more of a headache if we sent this back to you as is. We will not leave you stranded like that.

Cut to the chase, our policy statement will hold up strong with our supporting documents. We can try to work a deal for your benefit, so you it can be settled. We will accept your return with 25% restocking fee ONLY if you have a moderator delete this thread because lack of communication to compromise the refund situation issue. It is exactly the situation where communication and pursuasion could have cut it short. Comments pertainting to fitment issue has been over exaggerated, those who have had seen it first hand know it does not poor fitment.

Let me know what you think

Kevin Lowe
Status Elite
Honestly, I appreciate finally having some direct communication, but again, I never saw a website or anything stating a 25% restocking fee or anything like that. You mention that 4 different people inspected this item, you being the last. Those marks were there! You also mention that minor blemishes are considered acceptable on CF products. In my opinion this means that 4 different people possibly looked at this item and all thought that the marks on it were acceptable to send out but not acceptable to to return. There were obvious fitment issues that I mentioned and showed in my original post. There were also blemishes and finish issues which I did mention but didn't show pictures of. These same blemishes and finish issues you are stating are my fault and were not there. Not true, at all. If you want me or a moderator to delete this thread please give me the full refund I deserve after all this grief the I have had to go though just to get a part for my car which I love. Otherwise, it will continue to be viewed and commented on and put a blemish on the reputation of Status Elite.
Thank you,
Jeff Kashat
ok so basically saying take this down or we are keeping your money lol

Quick Reply: Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!