Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
JKashat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaKine
Whosyourbuddy, im not taking sides, dry carbon process is not cheap and maybe SE could have made it cheaper but your making an a$$ out of your self when you start comparing wet layed, overlayed parts against original dry carbon parts
It has been mentioned to me by a vendor here and I also questioned it myself, the SE rear diffuser is supposedly dry carbon, but it doesn't look like it at all.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:03 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DaKine
Does IvoryGt make his own product? I yet have to see one. I mean if you overlay carbon using oem parts that fits 100% and using wet lay process which is 5x cheaper than dry carbon process, it better be 100% fitment perfect.

Ive heard bad fitment stories from other carbon/fiberglass companies , thats just how it turns out, unfortunately, unless you have the resources like a car manufacturer to make perfect fitment molds, its never 100% fitment for aftermarket parts, that includes top secret, zele, nismo etc....

Whosyourbuddy, im not taking sides, dry carbon process is not cheap and maybe SE could have made it cheaper but your making an a$$ out of your self when you start comparing wet layed, overlayed parts against original dry carbon parts
I compared both. Yes IvoryGT does wet laid, but only a portion of his parts are laid on top of OEM parts.

I also listed Password JDM, who uses only dry carbon fiber. I have seen my buddies engine bay many times and I promise you it is 100% perfect fit and there is not a single blemish anywhere.

Yes alot of companies do have 100% fitment. If you are paying the high dollars for quality parts, that is what you should get (not some sub par crap that pretends to be quality). I had a seibon cf TS hood on my G35 while my roommate has a real TS cf hood. It is night and day. His did fit perfectly, while mine had a small gap and cracked 3 months later.

I agree dry carbon fiber is not cheap but honestly the overhead is only about 150-200 per diffuser. For a 200% profit, high quality really should be the NORMAL, not small imperfections and 95% fitment.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:07 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the bottomline is the price point.. for $600 the acceptable level of quality should not be what the OP claim to be true.

if the diffuser was sold at 200-250 bucks, this thread might be a joke. But then, it's not
Old 08-04-2009, 01:07 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JKashat
STATUS ELITE, why don't do try and save face here and just refund me my money. I don't even have the part anymore, don't want it, and wouldn't pay anything to have it back. At this point, regardless of PayPal results this is theft and fraud as you have my money and the item.
LOL. Very true. Wow. This is when stingy/subpar businesses show their true colors - when they are willing to show up as a failure when Googled - all in an effort to nickel and dime a return when the original product had bad fitment/finish to begin with. A respectable company would take this part back, look into the others they've sold and recall them if they had issues, refund everyone or give them the option to receive a properly redesigned product at no addition cost or as an exchange. The fact that they are focusing on a "nick" rather than the initial bad quality of their own product is not cool.

This is a product they put into production - and unless Infiniti manufactured your particular G37 wrong (lol) it means that point blank this is a company that didn't even research & design their $600 priced CF product that well - which is pretty sad because that's a healthy profit margin on that part and if it still has poor fit & finish, well then, speaks for itself.

Last edited by DetroitG37Joe; 08-04-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:08 PM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
180custom has probably been reading this thread and high fiveing each other cause all the customers they are getting. I know I am one and I'm happy they have reasonable priced diffusers coming outthere end of this month
Just high fivein myself over here... sucks working by yourself.

Jkashat should get a discount for his 180 diffuser for this thread hahah. It's funny how igor plan his release for his diffuser perfectly lol! Nothing says good business like good planning
Jkashat, expect a small discount from me This wasn't planned tho, lol.. I never expected anything like this from SE, they SEEMED like a reputable company, and I wouldn't blame anyone for buying their parts... but you live and learn, and evaluate the good from the bad.

I'd love to rush the production on my diffusers, but I'm afraid if I do, even by paying more money... the product wont come out as good as I expect it, so I want to give the guys all the time they need to provide me with a great quality product so in the future... I don't run into the same pile of shyt that SE did.

Hope you get your money back Jkashat.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:10 PM
xlack
Registered Member

jeff, i think you got a lemon
Old 08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
HamstersG

Some of us are more perfectionists that others (I fall into that camp), so I would agree that the fitment for the price seems out of whack. I like CF and have looked at a lot of interior and exterior parts on G and other cars and the majority do not meet my perfectionist requirement. Only CF thing I have bought so far has been from IvoryGT and I have been 100% satisfied with his quality. Good luck in getting this resolved.

Just wondering why a vendor who knows everyone posts everything on this forum, would not just take the part and resell themselves as "less than perfect". The bad press just does not seem to be worth it?
Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 PM
JKashat

Most recent communication...

between Kevin at Status Elite to me, and my response back to him.

What do you think or what he has said and offered and about my response?

Re: Status Elite Diffuser Refund
Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Elite
Jeff Kashat-

This is Kevin at Status Elite. We understand your are uphappy with our decision. But take a step back and view from our standpoint why we would deny the refund claim with a damaged diffuser that cannot be repaired. There may have been other solutions to helping you out, but it is all through communication, such as this messege.

We usually do not check the forums multiple times a day, just once or twice, unless we know there is an issue or promotion going on, which may have left you without a response after our last messege to you.

We have responded to your claim filed with Paypal services with our response statement and message time log with pictures. Our restocking fee and return policy follows the industry standard. We do not mind bending our backs to ensure a fair compromise.

We also understand you do not wish to have this product. It will become more of a headache if we sent this back to you as is. We will not leave you stranded like that.

Cut to the chase, our policy statement will hold up strong with our supporting documents. We can try to work a deal for your benefit, so you it can be settled. We will accept your return with 25% restocking fee ONLY if you have a moderator delete this thread because lack of communication to compromise the refund situation issue. It is exactly the situation where communication and pursuasion could have cut it short. Comments pertainting to fitment issue has been over exaggerated, those who have had seen it first hand know it does not poor fitment.

Let me know what you think

Kevin Lowe
Status Elite
Honestly, I appreciate finally having some direct communication, but again, I never saw a website or anything stating a 25% restocking fee or anything like that. You mention that 4 different people inspected this item, you being the last. Those marks were there! You also mention that minor blemishes are considered acceptable on CF products. In my opinion this means that 4 different people possibly looked at this item and all thought that the marks on it were acceptable to send out but not acceptable to to return. There were obvious fitment issues that I mentioned and showed in my original post. There were also blemishes and finish issues which I did mention but didn't show pictures of. These same blemishes and finish issues you are stating are my fault and were not there. Not true, at all. If you want me or a moderator to delete this thread please give me the full refund I deserve after all this grief the I have had to go though just to get a part for my car which I love. Otherwise, it will continue to be viewed and commented on and put a blemish on the reputation of Status Elite.
Thank you,
Jeff Kashat
Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

So they want you to eat 150 dollars and shipping cost, so they can resell it
Old 08-04-2009, 01:31 PM
jnguyen

this thread is going to be close if yall post PM and etc
Old 08-04-2009, 01:32 PM
JKashat

Originally Posted by whosurbuddiee
so they want you to eat 150 dollars and shipping cost, so they can resell it
exactly!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:35 PM
JKashat

this thread is going to be close if yall post PM and etc
I haven't had any moderator PM me telling me that I couldn't. If that is the case that I/we cannot do that please let a moderator PM me ant tell me and I will no longer cut/paste the PMs.

I REALLY DON'T WANT THIS THREAD TO GET CLOSED.
(it needs to be out there for everyone to see)
Old 08-04-2009, 01:36 PM
jnguyen

I haven't had any moderator PM me telling me that I couldn't. If that is the case that I/we cannot do that please let a moderator PM me ant tell me and I will no longer cut/paste the PMs.

I REALLY DON'T WANT THIS THREAD TO GET CLOSED.
(it needs to be out there for everyone to see)
Blackjack made a post. Let me find it

edit: found it
https://www.myg37.com/forums/2703794-post93.html
Old 08-04-2009, 01:37 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Honestly yo are not going to get anything through paypal. Your best best to to take the money. Honestly you are gonna loose 150, but getting 450 back is better than a kick in the nuts.

Then just leave the thread open. Ha Ha Ha
Old 08-04-2009, 01:39 PM
pfizzle

Comments pertainting to fitment issue has been over exaggerated, those who have had seen it first hand know it does not poor fitment.

Let me know what you think

Kevin Lowe
Status Elite
The diffuser IS poor fitment. I saw it first hand when Jeff brought his car out that Friday. I was going to jump the gun and purchase one as well to get it painted but considering the fitment and quality was subpar I backed out.

As a business owner of major chain retail, I would avoid any negative publicity about my company at ALL cost. I would refer back to the Vossen ordeal that I went through. Not only did they fix the problem, they also took care of me. As my contribution I will promote there business in MI as much as possible because of the love they showed me. With that contribution, I have sold a few sets of wheels for them at local car meets.

-Patrick

Quick Reply: Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!