Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
Wow sick man. Surprise your car didn't get stripped.
My friend bought authetic mugen for
his civic. Before I even saw it. Someone stole
his car and stripped it and left it in front of a target....lols
well one its a civic not an S2000. which typically Civics get stolen becuase there are more around and are easier to steal then the S2k. people dont take S2k's to strip. they just slash the top and steal your interior bits to put in said civics. also its much easier to steal civic parts and flip them. its a lot harder to find someone to buy a stolen Mugen front bumper for an S2000 one because there are so little of them and are easy to track down because each piece is numbered. secondly the S2k community is a tight group which makes selling stolen parts much much harder. plus my car always sat in my garage. wayyyy to much money in that car to sit outside.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am pretty sure SE couldnt even sell their shitty 'limited edition' intakes. They were claiming something ridiculous 25hp gains. (If you were lucky enough to even have it fit.)

Pretty sure Dr Jones intake also went though 3 levels of quality inspection before it was sent to. Ha ha
Old 08-04-2009, 12:03 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

This is from SE website

If the products are determined to be defective, Status Elite will make the exchange at no cost.
I am pretty sure poor fitment qualifies as defective product.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Let me say that I am not taking a side in this just stating some facts.

My diffuser has about 95% perfect fitment. Just the very underside of it did not sit totally flush but I think that is because I was impatient and could have got it perfect and you cant see it unless you are under my car. As for the adhesive, it is VERY strong. I have used lots of product with 3M tape but never used the bonding agent with it and trust me when I say that **** is not coming off.

I do agree the price could/should be lower but you have to pay to play and so far there are no other options.

So we have one person who is not happy and one who is. Did anyone else buy this diffuser and care to chime in?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:06 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
well one its a civic not an S2000. which typically Civics get stolen becuase there are more around and are easier to steal then the S2k. people dont take S2k's to strip. they just slash the top and steal your interior bits to put in said civics. also its much easier to steal civic parts and flip them. its a lot harder to find someone to buy a stolen Mugen front bumper for an S2000 one because there are so little of them and are easy to track down because each piece is numbered. secondly the S2k community is a tight group which makes selling stolen parts much much harder. plus my car always sat in my garage. wayyyy to much money in that car to sit outside.
yeah true true. You have any pictures of your S2k?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Originally Posted by Kidcane
My diffuser has about 95% perfect fitment. Just the very underside of it did not sit totally flush but I think that is because I was impatient and could have got it perfect and you cant see it unless you are under my car.
IvoryGT has been producing carbon fiber parts for awhile now and always has 100% fitment. Even his prices are not as high as SE. PM him and ask if finish imperfections are normal. How do you think people would feel to get cf interior or head light housing from him that only fit 95%.

The prices are not the only issue. My friend just spent over 3k on dry carbon fiber engine dress up kit for his GT-R. The entire problem is spending serious money for a sub par product and poor customer service.

The sad part is that they only made 20 intakes and only 5 diffusers and yet even with very limited numbers still have **** poor quality control.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:20 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i saw chads and it looked great though, sucks about your problems. as for all your issues, the more pics and proof you have from when you first got it the better off you will be. just this thread alone will put pressure on them if they want to satisfy the rest of the community.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Kidcane
So we have one person who is not happy and one who is. Did anyone else buy this diffuser and care to chime in?
I know someone, but I think you guys would rather hear his experiences straight from him then from me
Old 08-04-2009, 12:33 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jnguyen
yeah true true. You have any pictures of your S2k?
ya there are a bunch floating around on this site. in the previous hooked up cars thread there are some more. i do have a lot but i am not on my home comp right now which is where they are
Old 08-04-2009, 12:41 PM
jnguyen

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
ya there are a bunch floating around on this site. in the previous hooked up cars thread there are some more. i do have a lot but i am not on my home comp right now which is where they are
Cool, PM me when ya get home. I use to be a big fan of S2k but then I just stop liking them for some reason. Probably cause baton rouge is full of ricer.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:41 PM
DaKine

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
IvoryGT has been producing carbon fiber parts for awhile now and always has 100% fitment. Even his prices are not as high as SE. PM him and ask if finish imperfections are normal. How do you think people would feel to get cf interior or head light housing from him that only fit 95%.

The prices are not the only issue. My friend just spent over 3k on dry carbon fiber engine dress up kit for his GT-R. The entire problem is spending serious money for a sub par product and poor customer service.

The sad part is that they only made 20 intakes and only 5 diffusers and yet even with very limited numbers still have **** poor quality control.
Does IvoryGt make his own product? I yet have to see one. I mean if you overlay carbon using oem parts that fits 100% and using wet lay process which is 5x cheaper than dry carbon process, it better be 100% fitment perfect.

Ive heard bad fitment stories from other carbon/fiberglass companies , thats just how it turns out, unfortunately, unless you have the resources like a car manufacturer to make perfect fitment molds, its never 100% fitment for aftermarket parts, that includes top secret, zele, nismo etc....

Whosyourbuddy, im not taking sides, dry carbon process is not cheap and maybe SE could have made it cheaper but your making an a$$ out of your self when you start comparing wet layed, overlayed parts against original dry carbon parts
Old 08-04-2009, 12:44 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jarborn1
Not surprising...
Gee another business owner talking smack, of course after they have your money.

I dont understand these situations, People that own businesses that sell parts pay a fraction of the retail value. Sometimes in business you gotta as my dad once said, "take one for the team"

except when selling damaged car parts, of course they can make it right but why should they?? not like they want to.

That would be the proper thing.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:47 PM
jarborn1

Originally Posted by RISKY GUY
Gee another business owner talking smack, of course after they have your money.

I dont understand these situations, People that own businesses that sell parts pay a fraction of the retail value. Sometimes in business you gotta as my dad once said, "take one for the team"

except when selling damaged car parts, of course they can make it right but why should they?? not like they want to.

That would be the proper thing.
I have no idea what you just said... lol
Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 PM
JKashat

Here is a link to the original thread that I created after installing the SE diffuser.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/modding...-diffuser.html

I originally stated fitment was GOOD, not great or perfect. I also early on mention the fit and FINISH issues. I didn't feel it necessary to take pics of every blemish or mark in the finish. But, those marks were 100% there even before installation. I was disappointed in the blemishes/marks but thought that I'd overlook them being as the part installed at the bottom the the rear bumper (who's see them?) but after the fitment wasn't up to par either, I decided it was unacceptable and it was going back. It was removed either a day or two after the pictures and was only driven one evening.

Now, I am out $579 (to be exact, I believe) and have no rear CF diffuser. I don't want to pay "half" to have 3M adhesive reapplied and have it shipped back. I returned it for a reason obviously.

As far as I am concerned right now I have been robbed of my money. Great Vendor we have her on MyG37.com. I think they should be BANNED after how this (my) situation was handled. Wait, it wasn't! I was ROBBED!

Potential customers of Status Elite (if there are/will be any after this thread) BEWARE.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:02 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Damnt Status Elite LOLOL Sorry to here OP, hope it gets resolved, 600 bucs is a big chunk of money for a diffuser, i never knew it went for that much

Quick Reply: Email from Status Elite after shipping back CF rear diffuser, BS!