Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Window using Keyfob...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
AldinG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Window using Keyfob...

Hi all,

i am sitting in my office... and looking out the window - looks like its going to start raining. i left my driver side window cracked open just a tad-bit, i have rolled down my windows using the keyfob by holding down the unlock button, but i havent closed them. does anyone know how?

i tried holding down the lock button but that didnt work.

its kind of stupid if you can only open it but no shut it... I HAD TO GET UP AND GO OUTSIDE TO SHUT MY WINDOWS :/

any help would be appreciated
Old 07-24-2009, 03:33 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
You can't do it remotely with the stock setup. You can use the key and hold the lock in the lock position for 2 seconds then it will roll up.

KP Technologies has a mod that will allow you to remotely roll up the window.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:49 PM
AldinG37s

lol - thanks KAHBOOM. - i dont understand what Infiniti was thinking not adding that to the already rolling down windows. ohh well.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:46 PM
AndrewDDS

I'll attest to the KP Technologies module. He installed the window roll-up module and the Navigation Bypass module in my '08 for me in the fall. They've been working flawlessly ever since, and I use that window roll-up feature almost everyday. It's a mod that's well worth it, IMO.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:06 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AldinG37s
Hi all,

i am sitting in my office... and looking out the window - looks like its going to start raining. i left my driver side window cracked open just a tad-bit, i have rolled down my windows using the keyfob by holding down the unlock button, but i havent closed them. does anyone know how?

i tried holding down the lock button but that didnt work.

its kind of stupid if you can only open it but no shut it... I HAD TO GET UP AND GO OUTSIDE TO SHUT MY WINDOWS :/

any help would be appreciated
Not a feature of the car - RTFL. Only an aftermarket module will do that.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:49 AM
notalk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AldinG37s
its kind of stupid if you can only open it but no shut it...
It's only kind of stupid if you do not understand what Infiniti (and every other auto maker with the same available function) was trying to accomplish. The only reason for the auto roll down is to allow a driver to roll down the windows when approaching the car to allow the hot air trapped inside the car during the summer to escape before the driver enters the car. The feature is designed to let a driver be more comfortable when entering a car that's been parked in the sun. That's it; plain and simple. And, the remote down from the fob accomplishes all of that.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:42 PM
InfiniDrew

I had asked that question years ago when I found out that my old BMW did the same thing (roll down only). I'm not sure how valid it is, but I was told that BMW never allowed roll up functions due to possible safety/liability issues. I guess they knew that people would try to roll up their windows without checking to make sure no one would be getting caught during the process.

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
I'll attest to the KP Technologies module. He installed the window roll-up module and the Navigation Bypass module in my '08 for me in the fall. They've been working flawlessly ever since, and I use that window roll-up feature almost everyday. It's a mod that's well worth it, IMO.
oh poo! I just ordered the nav bypass, but I never saw anything concerning the window roll up function. Before looking at all the products, I filtered my search by my 09 coupe. Because of this, I never saw that there was a window roll up module...othewise I would have order that as well!!! GRRR

But looking at their site now, I see they have it listed as compatable for the 08 & 09 sedan, but only the 08 coupe...is there a reason why or is this a failure to update???
Old 07-26-2009, 10:56 AM
tbevilacqua

I had a '97 BMW M3 coupe that would let you put the key in the door lock on either side and close both windows and the sunroof but not open them.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:02 PM
InfiniDrew

lol, I think I put the key into the keyhole twice during the 6 years that I owned it.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:54 PM
AldinG37s

its hotter then shi* out... using the feature to OPEN the windows... knowing the weather here it might just start raining shortly and then ill have to get up and go outside to shut the windows... the whole "to let hot air out" message... i still think its stupid you cant do either originally from the manufacturer. lol
Old 07-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Mayu

I think every (almost - cant speak for the Euro spec or Indian/Chinese spec) manufacturer does this.

It is a safety issue due to children sticking their arms and heads out the window while you decide to close it from your office.

If this does not apply to you, just like the need to have the nav system lose all interactivity when moving, have it reversed with aftermarket parts. Its frustrating, but I understand we live amongst letigious idiots that cant think for themselves. As a result, the manufacturer has to do the thinking for everyone.

Again, safety concerns to save one childs arm/neck = frustrations for us. Seems like a good trade off... no?

You have a DAMN nice car, stop nagging on it and enjoy what it can do...
Old 07-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I believe our windows already have a safety function that will not allow the windows to roll up if an obstruction is detected, don't they?

I believe this feature was omitted simply to save money and not for any such safety reasons.

I have the KP window roll up module and it has stopped working on me twice now. The first time I chalked it up my own poor installation, but I reinstalled it and I know everything is correct and it just spontaneously stopped working for me again. It worked great while it was working though. I'll have to take it out and get KP to change it out for me for a new one.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:51 PM
AldinG37s

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I believe our windows already have a safety function that will not allow the windows to roll up if an obstruction is detected, don't they?

I believe this feature was omitted simply to save money and not for any such safety reasons.

I have the KP window roll up module and it has stopped working on me twice now. The first time I chalked it up my own poor installation, but I reinstalled it and I know everything is correct and it just spontaneously stopped working for me again. It worked great while it was working though. I'll have to take it out and get KP to change it out for me for a new one.

thats what i was thinking... (safet feature) - plus with the coupe - its not like your going to have kids sitting in the front trying to stick theyre arms out, they'd be in the back.

KP - that sucks, i was considering putting that on. anyone else have this issue?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:01 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how much is this KP mod?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:13 PM
AldinG37s

Cool

Originally Posted by whiddles
how much is this KP mod?
whiddles,

i found all the products they offer on their webpage (go figure) lol...

http://www.kptechnologies.com/produc...el=G37%20Coupe

there's a direct link to all the products for a 2008 coupe g37s.

probably going to do the window up down & the mirror deal

anyone else see anything worthy.. lol

Quick Reply: Window using Keyfob...