Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Carbon Fiber Roof Caps

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:59 PM
CarbonKings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Fiber Roof Caps

Carbon fiber roofs for the G37! We below have pictures of the 370Z prototype which actually has been a few months since we have had any made since we ran into some troubles and ran out of carbon fiber... And money... But now we are back on our feet and rebounding from our losses (business losses and personal). You can only imagine!

Shortly we are due to make a few CF roofs for the 370Z but in the mean time its a good idea to get a head start on the G37 and russel up some interest in that.

We do guarantee fitment (some say how can we guarantee when we haven’t made any yet? Well its simple. If we didn’t guarantee it, we wouldn’t even bother. And if it doesn’t fit, it doesn’t ship. So the only other way to survive is to make high quality products that actually fit!) Easier said than done for some of our competitors (cough)

We do guarantee satisfaction!
And we do have a warrantee for these (not sure yet how long but at least a year or two)

When is it coming? Not quite sure. This is a feeler thread after all. So far it seems like we have good intrest but we first need to get a hold of one of the many people who said they would gladly let us use their car for the mold and test fit. If we can find soembody then we are one step closer!

When can you put deposits? You cant until we have a prototype. We learned our lessons taking deposits for stuff that was still on paper and we don’t want to make the mistake again. We are too good to die 8-)

How much will it be? Introductory price will be mid to upper mid hundreds. Average price will near 1K. High quality performance cars deserve a high quality roof. If you find one cheaper well... When it comes to carbon fiber you really do get what you pay for. The only way companies offer cheaper prices is by using cheaper materials because no matter who you are, what part of the world you are in. The work is exactly the same and it all takes the same amount of time if you know what you are doing. So the only way to cut corners is in materials. After all carbon fiber is the base coat, and everything else is the clear coat.. You cant cut corners on the craftsmanship otherwise IT WILL SHOW! I.E waviness, dimples, spots, weave distortion, air bubbles, discoloration, etc.

If anybody is in the are of IL and would like to PM me to arange something where we woudl be able to make the mold of the roof off your car please let us know! We cant start with out a mold.

Before we get to the prototype pictures for the 370Z roof. We have to show you the quality you guys can have...

That my friends... Is the caviar of carbon fiber. Did I spell it right?

Last edited by CarbonKings; 09-13-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:23 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Ohhh finally something that looks to fit great and a also an alternative to SE stuff...Welcome guys and wish yah the best of luck with getting some orders....
Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Awesome. Finally another CF person and from the pics it looks to be some real quality work. Welcome to the boards!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i'll start off

1. shumby
Old 07-08-2009, 09:29 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Which 370Z form ar you a sponcer on?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:52 PM
CarbonKings

I would say, but I dont think the forum rules woudl allow me to post any information to lead to company info. Our screen name is not the company name. I just woudl rather follow the rules so that this thread does not get removed. If I get enough interest like I said and one person willing to come by, then I will become sponsor and let all the proper information out

But Im sure if you look a little on the 370Z forums you might find something.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:57 PM
ShyTown91
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2.ShyTown91
Old 07-08-2009, 11:00 PM
CarbonKings

1. shumby
2. ShyTown91
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
very nice, i already have the mastergrade one but since they suck teh nutz its good that youre here.

PMing you about "other" products.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:14 PM
CarbonKings

PM replied!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:23 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very nice !!! god stuff dude..hope you guys hang around more!!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:26 PM
CarbonKings

Def want to! After we finish a bunch of CF 370Z product molds we will then be looking to do some stuff for the G37. After af ew G37 molds we will be producing a wide body for the 370Z. Then we have no plans so who knows what will happen after then!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:28 AM
SOLISIMO

I TOLD YOU SO

We are all interested in different parts and tired of the same people doing the same crap
Old 07-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just curious why the hate on SE? They make a great product. Yes, I agree it not cheap but good carbon is never cheap and its not like this dude is any cheaper. I understand the dislike for Mastergrade because they made a sh!tty product.

Not trying to thread jack or anything because I will buy all the carbon crap you can produce as long as its good quality.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:15 AM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Just curious why the hate on SE? They make a great product. Yes, I agree it not cheap but good carbon is never cheap and its not like this dude is any cheaper. I understand the dislike for Mastergrade because they made a sh!tty product.

Not trying to thread jack or anything because I will buy all the carbon crap you can produce as long as its good quality.
Not hating on SE just that they are the only ones and it gets old, people want to see new products. They arent the only ones that deserve to make parts for our cars. There is no market for our car which gives SE the chance to charge whatever they want. I guarantee you once two more companies come out with diffusers their price will drop drastically

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Roof Caps