Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

fogs in the fake vents

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 PM
burton08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fogs in the fake vents

(first, i posted a thread about this earlier today but i cant find it anywhere, where did it go?)

i am going to install foglights in the fake vents on my G37S. I searched and saw that a few people have done this. what i wanted to know is what foglights to buy and if anybody has used projector fogs.

Also, i wanted to know about the wiring. If you installed custom fogs in the lower fake vents, how did you run the wiring and where did you put the switch. i do not want to have an ugly aftermarket looking switch on my dashboard.

Thanks for all your help!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:32 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by burton08
(first, i posted a thread about this earlier today but i cant find it anywhere, where did it go?)

i am going to install foglights in the fake vents on my G37S. I searched and saw that a few people have done this. what i wanted to know is what foglights to buy and if anybody has used projector fogs.

Also, i wanted to know about the wiring. If you installed custom fogs in the lower fake vents, how did you run the wiring and where did you put the switch. i do not want to have an ugly aftermarket looking switch on my dashboard.

Thanks for all your help!
Your earlier thread got merged with the other thread on the exact same subject. Since there was already a thread with information on the exact same subject, I moved it. I see you posted another one.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:28 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
M3 fog lights are very popular
Old 07-04-2009, 10:24 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
I believe they're usually wired to the OEM fogs which are built in the headlights
Old 07-05-2009, 06:22 AM
bufflex

There is one empty slot beside the Trunk button, you can fix it there if you dont want to merge it with the current fog light switch. If it was me, I wouldve done that cause I think that a separate Fog light button will be more convenient if you wana turn on your normal lights and the "Fake vent" fog light which I think will look more sexy.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:17 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
OP, are you looking to wire up fogs?

I'd actually use the OEM fog wiring. If you want to run something to the cabin, you may have to punch through the firewall, which may not be a good idea.

I'd also find out about power consumption if you wan to wire the fogs in parallel as extra.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:21 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
OP, are you looking to wire up fogs?

I'd actually use the OEM fog wiring. If you want to run something to the cabin, you may have to punch through the firewall, which may not be a good idea.

I'd also find out about power consumption if you wan to wire the fogs in parallel as extra.

I was waiting for u to find this thread. The master has spoken. SILENCE!!!! Hahahaha.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:35 PM
burton08

what i really want to do is be able to fun the fogs independently from the OEM fogs.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:54 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by burton08
what i really want to do is be able to fun the fogs independently from the OEM fogs.
the only way to do that is have a seperate switch.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
OP,
Please post pics and a DIY when you get done with this project.
I would love to have separate foglights to run independently in those faux vents.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:15 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I am surprised vendors haven't jumped all over this. The panel in the faux brake fents is removable. It would be a relatively easy install for people and it would sell like hotcakes.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:34 AM
ralphblkg376mt

i agreee

also still waiting for the worthy vendor
Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
problems, passenger side is a PITA, there is the windshield washer fluid reservoir 2 inches or less behind the vent....ive tried two different ways, and wound up not having any fave vent there and now jsut have black mesh there, which looks better but i also had to remove the container..lol..got annopying so no more lights down there and back to having washer fluid lol..

also if you would want to give it a whirl, you need to get creative and MAJORLY decrease the washer bottle

also that bottle can not be moved up..
biggest problems are the ODD angle of the vents in the bumper to get straight lighting and the washer bottle...

GOD LUCK EVERYONE cuz i gave up after countless hours of having halfa$$ed lights lol
Old 07-12-2009, 02:53 AM
burton08

well, my friend who used to work at a custom car electronics shop is going to help me out with the wiring. hopefully i will have this done before the end of the month. is i do it i will take pics and make a DIY. i will let you all know.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:10 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
problems, passenger side is a PITA, there is the windshield washer fluid reservoir 2 inches or less behind the vent....ive tried two different ways, and wound up not having any fave vent there and now jsut have black mesh there, which looks better but i also had to remove the container..lol..got annopying so no more lights down there and back to having washer fluid lol..

also if you would want to give it a whirl, you need to get creative and MAJORLY decrease the washer bottle

also that bottle can not be moved up..
biggest problems are the ODD angle of the vents in the bumper to get straight lighting and the washer bottle...

GOD LUCK EVERYONE cuz i gave up after countless hours of having halfa$$ed lights lol
yeah once i attempt it, im hoping the smaller injen fluid bottle will be far enough out of the way.

Quick Reply: fogs in the fake vents