Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

has anyone painted their lower vents body color?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmlenz
Has anyone running the Injen CAI removed these vents completely for increased airflow to the filters? I think the filters sit right behind these faux vents no? This would actually make these "holes" in our fascia functional! Im curious how bumper looks with the vents removed completely though
Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
^^It might help, but with the risk of getting soaked when running over puddles of water or under heavy rain. So i don't know if its worth doing it..
Removing closed faux vents cover will impact radiators cooling effeminacy besides getting debris/water etc.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
jmlenz

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tWistedMissiOn
^^It might help, but with the risk of getting soaked when running over puddles of water or under heavy rain. So i don't know if its worth doing it..
I live in San Diego, no concern with that. Even when it rains, it doesnt really "rain"

Originally Posted by cvipgo
Removing closed faux vents cover will impact radiators cooling effeminacy besides getting debris/water etc.
Really? do you have proof to back this claim up? I can see how aerodynamics could be effected. Aftermarket fascias open this area up all the time with no ill effects.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:32 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by jmlenz
I live in San Diego, no concern with that. Even when it rains, it doesnt really "rain"

Really? do you have proof to back this claim up? I can see how aerodynamics could be effected. Aftermarket fascias open this area up all the time with no ill effects.
In So. Calif removing closed faux vent may not show much effect but in other climates (hot & cold) - I am sure it will have impact.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 PM
RichG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone post some pics of how exactly you takek these faux vents out and maybe the center as well. I assume take the shield off first and then find the screws and clips, just some pics would be helpful.Thanks
Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 PM
cvipgo
Banned

Originally Posted by RichG
Can anyone post some pics of how exactly you takek these faux vents out and maybe the center as well. I assume take the shield off first and then find the screws and clips, just some pics would be helpful.Thanks
get a cppy of ESM and in EXT section it has details. you will have to remove the bumper and then it's easy...pm me your email and I can email you the Exterior/front bomper section from ESM.

Last edited by cvipgo; 01-11-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 AM
jmlenz

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Here is a link to a DIY for the Injen --> https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-i...e-install.html

Shows how to remove the faux vents and exactly where the filters sit in relation to the vents. Looks like the filters sit in their own compartment so they shouldnt effect radiator efficiency at all. The filter appears to sit inset of the vents so they wouldnt be in direct airflow (or rain) but seem they would definitely benefit from the vents being removed.

Originally Posted by RichG
Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 AM
RichG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, instant responses. I really appreciate it. Any recommendations on exactly what kind/color/and clear coat to use on these?