Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

09 paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:35 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya not sure how much i believe in the 09 paint as anything special lol. and stay away from any auto washes - even the brushless use high pressure and harsh chemicals which can be damaging.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Michelangelo

Originally Posted by Alex57r
I got an 09 sedan. OB. Self healing is BS. Already starting to see swirls and scratches do not heal. Its a sales gimic.
I disagree. I've seen visible scratches disappear. Sometimes it takes two or three days, sometimes a week or more, but they're gone.

I even had bird crap etch the clearcoat once, right over the windshield, but after about two weeks that disappeared as well.

The key is the scratch/swirl can't be very deep. If it goes all the way through the clearcoat, it will stay.

Nissan has a little write-up on how it works here: http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECH...TCH/index.html
Old 06-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Alex57r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess some are better than others. I had bird crap eat all the way through the paint till it made a permanent mark. I have never seen anything like that before. Go figure. MY scratches and swirls do not dissapear but then again on a black car its always the worst... Either way I agree with staying away from auto car washes and also from those dirty drying towels they use at most car washes too.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Michelangelo

Originally Posted by Alex57r
I guess some are better than others. I had bird crap eat all the way through the paint till it made a permanent mark. I have never seen anything like that before. Go figure. MY scratches and swirls do not dissapear but then again on a black car its always the worst... Either way I agree with staying away from auto car washes and also from those dirty drying towels they use at most car washes too.
I use Optimum No Rinse (you can get it from Detailed Image). That stuff is incredible. Really easy to use and keeps scratches to a minimum. Saves time and cuts the water bill too.

My G is black as well--I love the first 10 minutes after I wash it because it looks so good, but after that it's all pollen and dust...

I'd still get it in black, though, because the car just looks so damn good in black.