Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Seat Adjustment when getting out of car

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 01:27 PM
g37brad
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Adjustment when getting out of car

When you turn the g37 off, the seat moves all the way back at the steering wheel goes up...Probably one of my favorite features. I feel like I'm in a rocket ship, ahaha. I'm guessing everyone uses this feature, right?

Anyways, is there a way to have the car do this, without turning it off? For example lets say I pull up to my house and just want to run in for a second, but leave the car on...I know you can adjust everything manually, but just curious if there was a way to automatically do it, like when you turn the car off.

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:35 PM
nogoodname
Banned

there's 2 seat positions, use one for driving and the other for getting out easier.

this feature is not on the Coupe, shut the G off and nothing happens....b/c it will crush the legs of anyone sitting in the back...lol
Old 06-13-2009, 02:03 PM
dbg37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I disabled it. I see no reason to put extra wear & tear on all the motors and electronics when I can easily get in and out of the car without it moving. Not even mentioning the time you spend waiting for it to get to the preset before you can buckle up. Imagine how many times a day you might get in and out of your car over a year, and how much additional wear that puts on components for something you really don't even need it to do.
Now if you are extremely large or small and cannot get into the car with it set to your normal driving position ok, then I guess it has a use.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:18 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dbg37
I disabled it. I see no reason to put extra wear & tear on all the motors and electronics when I can easily get in and out of the car without it moving. Not even mentioning the time you spend waiting for it to get to the preset before you can buckle up. Imagine how many times a day you might get in and out of your car over a year, and how much additional wear that puts on components for something you really don't even need it to do.
Now if you are extremely large or small and cannot get into the car with it set to your normal driving position ok, then I guess it has a use.
That's what the warranty (and extended warranty) is for. If they added this as a feature then it shouldn't fail just because it's used as it was designed.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:47 PM
dbg37

The biggest group of people who get true value from this will be different sized drivers of the same car. When they set their keyfob to identify which driver it is and then after entry it automatically moves the seat to accomodate them.

Other than that, the seat movement can just be a nuisance.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Reno-ID-Doc

There's no way around it unless you put the setting on "ignition off/lock" & open the driver's door.

Noogoodname mentioned another way around it. Setting another seat memory to exit-like seat setting. However, it'll eat up one seat memory. OK if you're the only driver. However, with 2 drivers in your household, the other may not like you messing with the other memory setting. (Better the old settings than an irate wife. Haha...)

You could however, just manually press the seat to move backward all the way, and when you caome back to the car, press the seat memory for you. It'll pop back to your setting pronto.

As for the worry by dbg37, it's fair to think about extra wear & tear. However, I got the Infiniti extended warranty. So if the seat mechanisms fail because of this, I'm covered. If you have such coverage, keep using this seat feature. I think this would still comprise as normal wear & tear that is covered by warranty, since they decided to put this feature in.
Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Nocturnal
Registered Member

I use it since my wife and I share the car once in a while and it comes in very handy. Like someone already said, if they put it there to be used, there's no reason why it would be extremely wearing on the electronic components. They put it there to last.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:55 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
First thing I turned off on both G's I've own.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:02 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Doesnt do it on my coupe
Old 06-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I am the only driver 99.9% of the time so I just set seat position 2 to all the way back with the steering wheel all the way up.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 AM
gugarci

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Doesnt do it on my coupe
Speaking of the coupe I've never sat in the back seat of a new coupe until the day I picked up my 09 sedan. I have little patience and the electronics seat sliding forward and backwards to give access to the back seat would drive me insane. I have kids and friends that sometime ride in the back seat.

I can see my self getting into argument with someone in my back seat, cursing them out and asking them to get the h*ll out of my car. Problem is by the time I pull over, wait for the seat to slide forward I would of forgotten what we were arguing about.

The spontaneity of the moment would be lost forever.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:50 PM
PeterUbers

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I turned that feature off the day I bought the car -- less wear and tear on the motors...
Old 06-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Alex57r

I don't care about the seat motors but I disabled the seat part (still have the wheel go up). I find that its not any easier for me to get out with the seat all the way back because the doors aren't that big anyway.
Old 06-14-2009, 11:46 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love it. I have a small garage and it makes getting out of the car so much easier with the door opening limited.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Ginger

All those "saves wear and tear on the motors" comments make me laugh. You bought a luxury feature rich car and yet won't use some features for fear of wearing them out. You must be saving them for the next owner, who I'm sure will be thrilled that their used car purchase is a good as new. As for it delaying driving away, put your seatbelt on while the seat is moving forward (now there's a novel concept) and by the time you've belted up the seat will be in position. Some of the posters in this thread also appear in other threads complaining at features and "issues" with the G. So I have a question for you... why did you buy the car?

Quick Reply: Seat Adjustment when getting out of car