Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Seat Adjustment when getting out of car

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:48 PM
w0ady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im skinny enough i can get in and out without problems.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Pip

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ginger
All those "saves wear and tear on the motors" comments make me laugh. You bought a luxury feature rich car and yet won't use some features for fear of wearing them out. You must be saving them for the next owner, who I'm sure will be thrilled that their used car purchase is a good as new. As for it delaying driving away, put your seatbelt on while the seat is moving forward (now there's a novel concept) and by the time you've belted up the seat will be in position. Some of the posters in this thread also appear in other threads complaining at features and "issues" with the G. So I have a question for you... why did you buy the car?
Yeah, my G is up on blocks in the garage so I don't wear out the tires.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Kwang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ginger
All those "saves wear and tear on the motors" comments make me laugh. You bought a luxury feature rich car and yet won't use some features for fear of wearing them out. You must be saving them for the next owner, who I'm sure will be thrilled that their used car purchase is a good as new. As for it delaying driving away, put your seatbelt on while the seat is moving forward (now there's a novel concept) and by the time you've belted up the seat will be in position. Some of the posters in this thread also appear in other threads complaining at features and "issues" with the G. So I have a question for you... why did you buy the car?
I agree.
<div_prefs></div_prefs>
Old 06-20-2009, 05:23 PM
dbg37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you feel the need to have the seat go back and wheel go up in order to get and out of the car then good for you. I don't have the need. So running the seat needlessly serves no purpose.
It is a little like running the water while you brush your teeth, tends be wasteful use if it isn't accomplishing anything. Running the water only because you can does nothing to improve your life, it merely wastes the water.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:04 PM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dbg37
If you feel the need to have the seat go back and wheel go up in order to get and out of the car then good for you. I don't have the need. So running the seat needlessly serves no purpose.
It is a little like running the water while you brush your teeth, tends be wasteful use if it isn't accomplishing anything. Running the water only because you can does nothing to improve your life, it merely wastes the water.
I don't understand all the debate and justification of not using this feature. If you don't want to use it then fine. But, pa-lease, don't start comparing this to wasteful use of natural resources.

That mentality is like someone telling you the G is a wasteful car since it's 3X the price and much less fuel efficient than a Toyota Corolla. That would likely get a response from many here with: