Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

6k HID bulb

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Sharp_cai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 6k HID bulb

I put in two 6k hid bulb to replace the stock ones about 6 month ago, now one of my hid bulb turns to purple, why it is happening like this? it should be white, isnt it?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:29 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

What kind of bulbs did you buy? Is it purple right when you turn it on, or after it warms up?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
means your bulb is dying.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Means that they were made in China. OEM FTW.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Sharp_cai

That means i need get a new set?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Sharp_cai

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
What kind of bulbs did you buy? Is it purple right when you turn it on, or after it warms up?
6000K D2S HID Xenon Bulbs, seller said it was made in Japan.
It turns to purple right when i turn it on, it is getting more purple now!!! WTF!!!! only put on for 1 year!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Sharp_cai

Originally Posted by Callaway
means your bulb is dying.
new bulb is needed?
Old 05-29-2009, 03:39 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

You may just need to replace it. What brand of bulb is it. McCulloch's, Philips, or just a non-brand? Were they expensive or cheap-ish?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:21 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mine started doing that i took them out and noticed a burn mark on my HIDs luckily i was within the 1 year warranty and the vendor replace them quickly
Old 05-29-2009, 05:14 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That bulb is indeed dying. Do a google search on dying HID bulbs....typically they will give off a pinkish/purple hue to TELL you that it has reached the end of it's service life. Check out the HID bulbs from Andy over at HPA....5 year warranty on them. Can't beat that with a stick. I'm running 5000K bulbs from him because he's a reputable vendor and helps all of his customers well.....now Andy, since I've plugged your business....how about shipping me some Project Mu's for half price?
Old 05-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Sharp_cai

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
You may just need to replace it. What brand of bulb is it. McCulloch's, Philips, or just a non-brand? Were they expensive or cheap-ish?
Its called JDM, i bought off on ebay, that seller told me it was made in Japan, thats why i bought it, it starts dying already not even in a year, i bought it for $60 dollars, how much is a set of good one should cost??
Old 05-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Sharp_cai

Originally Posted by GeeeeOhhhh
mine started doing that i took them out and noticed a burn mark on my HIDs luckily i was within the 1 year warranty and the vendor replace them quickly
The seller did not even reply my e-mail yet, and i dont think it has warranty on my bulbs, i just contacted with a body shop, they said they can do it for $170 dollars (120 bulbs+50 labors), 3 years warranty. Is this a good deal?

PS: i still have to wait for 3 days to get replaced, i have to drive on the road with one white light and one purple light, WTF!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:21 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharp_cai
The seller did not even reply my e-mail yet, and i dont think it has warranty on my bulbs, i just contacted with a body shop, they said they can do it for $170 dollars (120 bulbs+50 labors), 3 years warranty. Is this a good deal?

PS: i still have to wait for 3 days to get replaced, i have to drive on the road with one white light and one purple light, WTF!!!
Ok, Andy's bulbs from HPAutoworks are $90 shipped. The installation is VERY easy. If you can jack a car up and take off a wheel, it is SIMPLE. The first time, I didn't know what I was doing and took my time and it took 1-2 hours. Now, I can change both bulbs in under 30 mins. It is NOT worth $170 when you can pay a little under half. Just my opinion. Check out this vendor thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/support...-warranty.html

Hope this helps....seriously, it's an EASY install.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:30 PM
TJHG37S

+1 on Andy from HP and install...helps I did mine w/ the lights already out but yeah it's not rocket science...have a local G guy do it for a case of beer..

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Ok, Andy's bulbs from HPAutoworks are $90 shipped. The installation is VERY easy. If you can jack a car up and take off a wheel, it is SIMPLE. The first time, I didn't know what I was doing and took my time and it took 1-2 hours. Now, I can change both bulbs in under 30 mins. It is NOT worth $170 when you can pay a little under half. Just my opinion. Check out this vendor thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/support...-warranty.html

Old 05-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Sharp_cai

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37

Thank you, it is very helpful, but i am kind in a hurry to get it done rite now, so i think i am gonna do it on Monday, cuz it is easy to replace if anything goes wrong on the bulb.

Quick Reply: 6k HID bulb