Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Ticket for LIGHTS .. what do i do ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:44 AM
MattsG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to court was such a Pain. I went to court in broward for not having the correct address on my registration. I changed it the day I got my ticket, brought it in as proof and after waiting for over three hours I still had to pay $90.00 for what they consider to be court costs.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
What bulbs do you have that are that blue?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:13 PM
AvosG37

any news about the court?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:34 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by djkmac
So you telling me, If a cop doesnt bring any Tickets home, hes not going to be reviewed? Its like me sitting at work and taking a nape 8 hours a day. Theres no official quota, but if that cop wants to keep his job or area, hes gotta show some effort. Motorcycle cops have a quota, its no an official quota, but they all love their motorcycles and they have to look great to keep on their bikes. Its not official, but just like a coworker being a kiss *** at work, bringing in tickets makes you look good.

And if your in California, There is a Quota btw, or you will lose your job. Tickets = income.
Are you a motorcycle cop? NO! Am I? YES dont tell me what you have no clue about. If your job is to write tickets then you do your job. Its illegal to post quotas, but this argument is going no where bc you have no clue what your talking about.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:35 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by MattsG37
Going to court was such a Pain. I went to court in broward for not having the correct address on my registration. I changed it the day I got my ticket, brought it in as proof and after waiting for over three hours I still had to pay $90.00 for what they consider to be court costs.
Yeah its just easier to pay the ticket
Old 05-18-2009, 03:38 PM
MattsG37

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
Are you a motorcycle cop? NO! Am I? YES dont tell me what you have no clue about. If your job is to write tickets then you do your job. Its illegal to post quotas, but this argument is going no where bc you have no clue what your talking about.
Done and done
Old 05-18-2009, 03:53 PM
Stanced370Z

well im at 4 tickets this month for pointless BS, and one of them is for my black tail lights. SOLISIMO: r black tail lights illegal? i'm almost positive that u can see my brake lights from 1000' away. the body shop that painted them used translucent paint to make sure light will still shine through. should i fight it or do i just pay the $114 and go on with my life.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:01 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by Slammed37S
well im at 4 tickets this month for pointless BS, and one of them is for my black tail lights. SOLISIMO: r black tail lights illegal? i'm almost positive that u can see my brake lights from 1000' away. the body shop that painted them used translucent paint to make sure light will still shine through. should i fight it or do i just pay the $114 and go on with my life.
yeah bro , anything that obstructs the natural output of brake/headlights is "illegal" I really dont know who you guys run into but Ive never seen anyone enforce that, but then again I work in the Pompano where we have more to worry aboutie. shootings stabbings

Just pay it
Old 05-18-2009, 04:51 PM
djkmac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I dont know how things are done in Florida, But the Motorcycle Cop that lives next door to me argues Different. Come work in a state governed by an Actor and is under a hudge budget crisis. Also, I never said anything about what you know or not, and I kept saying theres No Official Quota twice.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Stanced370Z

yeah bro , anything that obstructs the natural output of brake/headlights is "illegal" I really dont know who you guys run into but Ive never seen anyone enforce that, but then again I work in the Pompano where we have more to worry aboutie. shootings stabbings

Just pay it
The guy felt like being a d!ck for whatever reason. It's the first time I've ever gotten stopped for that. I ran "BLACK" tails on my previous car for 5 years and never had any problems. This unmarked state trooper marauder was following me for about 10 minutes, no lie. Then stopped me for something as dumb as my tails. Oh well, thanks man.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
SOLISIMO

The guy felt like being a d!ck for whatever reason. It's the first time I've ever gotten stopped for that. I ran "BLACK" tails on my previous car for 5 years and never had any problems. This unmarked state trooper marauder was following me for about 10 minutes, no lie. Then stopped me for something as dumb as my tails. Oh well, thanks man.
All you had to say was trooper no need to say more. The marauder's were a grant for an aggressive driving unit. They are slowly being phased out though...
Old 05-18-2009, 05:54 PM
nodsky

was it an unmarked car or a FHP with his light inside the cabin? FHP stopped me about 4 months ago for my tails "not visible from 400ft back"

when they clearly are...
Old 05-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
VONYC,
I believe you should follow the law of holes:” When you’re in a hole stop digging.” That means you should ignore underhanded advice around here like buying OEM lights to show a receipt only to return them later; or telling a story to the judge that is not true (IIRC it’s called perjury). Pay the fine, re-install OEM’s and move on.

And do what you can to avoid illegal mods. They’re bound to get you in trouble again. Instead of blaming the cops for picking on you because they have an alleged quota, you can drive in peace.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:11 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You gotta pay to play.

It sucked for me too but I fully deserved the no front license plate ticket I got. Illegal is illegal.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Team Punisher

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
You gotta pay to play.

It sucked for me too but I fully deserved the no front license plate ticket I got. Illegal is illegal.
Pay the ticket... Tickets are part of THE GAME...

Quick Reply: Help Ticket for LIGHTS .. what do i do ?