Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

RECARO replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:20 AM
alunserjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RECARO replacement

Looking for info on replacing the driver seat with a Recaro for track use. Is there a replacement that bolts to the existing structure/rails (not sure if that is the correct term), or do you have to bolt to the floor? For a harness, I see pics of the shoulder belts going to the back seats, where does bolt to. Also, for a 5 or 6 pt harness, where do the others bolt - and do you have to drill holes and use specific bolts/washers?

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:34 AM
SOLISIMO

Hey man their is a guy selling Bride seats on here with brackets for the G.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:14 AM
pfizzle

Ask Vik (solopresident) . He got married, not sure if he is allowed to log on anymore.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:42 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

I think you need to get aftermarket seat railings, but i have no idea where from. i contemplated this idea for a while too. Also, the harness seat belts go from the back seat buckle. Theres 2 bolts that are on the Chassis that the harness bolts up to, in a cross pattern.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:14 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pfizzle
Ask Vik (solopresident) . He got married, not sure if he is allowed to log on anymore.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:50 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
let me see if i can address all your questions for you.
first there is no direct replacement seat. you cant attach any after market seat to the oem mounts. will not work. when you remove the oem seat there will be no more rails left as they are part of the seat itself. you will need to buy aftermarket rails to match whatever seat you buy. so you will need a seat and rail package. expect to spend around $1k for a basic set up. like a recaro pole postion with a rail. the new rail will bolt to the oem holes in the floor. then the new recaro seat would bolt onto your after market rail.

second the harnesses. first thing that needs to be addressed is you say you wanted to do this for a track day. you need to talk to who ever is orgaizing your track day and see what requirments are needed to run harnesses. most tracks will not allow you to run harnesses unless mounted to a harness bar. the reason being harness MUST be mounted at a certain angle. the pictures you see where the harness run into the back seats( they are mounted to the child restrant anchors in the back seats. look back there you will see two little platics taps on the leather with an anchor on it. slip your finger through the hole and you will feel the anchors. that is what the harnesses are cliped onto) that is WRONG BY ALL ACCOUNTS. most tracks and organizers will not allow you to run like that as it is VERY VERY unsafe. the harness need to be mounted so that when they come out the back off the seat off your shoulders they run level with your shoulders. a harness bar is what is needed to do this. if they come out and go down wards like the pics you see into the back seats and you get into an accident you are at an extremely high high high risk of having spinal cord compression. the force from the accident pulls you down because the harnesses are pointed down. in turn compressing your spine. very dangerous and can cause major damage. unfortunatly i dont know anyone who has made a G37 coupe specific bar yet. there is one for the sedan but i dont know if it bolts up or not.

now onto the last part. 5 6 pt. let me first ask why do you feel the need to have these? they are overkill by a mile for this car. the reason for that belt in to keep the driver from sliding forward during breaking. our car will not pull enough g's to push you forward in the seat. trust me on this one you dont it. but if you must have it. the 5 6pt's mount to the rail. there is a hole on the rails for those mounts. but you must buy a seat with a 5 or 6 pt hole. which will cost more money. and puts a big hole in the middle of your seat.

hope all this helps if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Originally Posted by alunserjr
Looking for info on replacing the driver seat with a Recaro for track use. Is there a replacement that bolts to the existing structure/rails (not sure if that is the correct term), or do you have to bolt to the floor? For a harness, I see pics of the shoulder belts going to the back seats, where does bolt to. Also, for a 5 or 6 pt harness, where do the others bolt - and do you have to drill holes and use specific bolts/washers?

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:57 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

I was totally wrong, my fault. Thanks for the clarification, UNV.

Now, where do we get these seat rails from? I guess without a harness bar we use our regular seat belts?
Old 05-08-2009, 03:19 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
I was totally wrong, my fault. Thanks for the clarification, UNV.

Now, where do we get these seat rails from? I guess without a harness bar we use our regular seat belts?
http://www.wedgeengineering.net/

already making them for the G37....
Old 05-08-2009, 05:02 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
http://www.wedgeengineering.net/

already making them for the G37....
How do you know sooo much ****
Old 05-08-2009, 05:06 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
How do you know sooo much ****
been in the biz for a long time. also dont go by their site list. they dont have the 37 listed but they do make them. they made the brakets for solopresident's recaros also
Old 05-08-2009, 05:09 PM
SOLISIMO

been in the biz for a long time. also dont go by their site list. they dont have the 37 listed but they do make them. they made the brakets for solopresident's recaros also
Your a freak you going on saturday to pines?
Old 05-08-2009, 05:15 PM
UNV-IT46

Your a freak you going on saturday to pines?
not this week no. im in texas visiting my gf. next week for sure
Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 PM
SOLISIMO

not this week no. im in texas visiting my gf. next week for sure
Ok cool, tell her I say hi and please bring my Casio watch back second drawer to the leftDOMO
Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 PM
UNV-IT46

Ok cool, tell her I say hi and please bring my Casio watch back second drawer to the leftDOMO
ouch. i'll make sure to show your wife that post on my iphone when i get back. she said she wouldnt only allow me to dp her if i had proof you were f ing around too.... lol
Old 05-08-2009, 05:20 PM
UNV-IT46

ps saw recent pics of your car man. looking good

Quick Reply: RECARO replacement