Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Rattle on the passenger's seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM
G-L337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattle on the passenger's seat

The car has been super quite until today I was driving with the radio off, sometimes I like to just listen to the engine roar. Anyway everytime I go over a bump, there is a rattling sound coming from the passenger seat. I am still unable to determine its exact origin, but it seems to be under the seat but I can't confirm. Its not very loud but its a rattling / ticking sound and varies depending on the speed / condition of the road. Its rather annoying, I'm probably going to take it to the dealership this weekend. I'm just curious if anyone else experienced this issue? I'm wondering if its just a loose wire undernearth the power seats. Its def. a plastic related rattle. I just don't want to make the trip and have them scratching their heads. All your help is much appreciated.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:07 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's the seatbelt arm hitting the window if its in the down position. Just raise it til it clicks and it'll solve it
Old 04-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Tainui

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^

Right on.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:13 PM
SilverBullet

I have a rattle in the passenger seat area also, the seat belt arm is up, but there is something still there. I just turn up the radio and got myself a Greddy exhaust.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:36 PM
nrp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its not necessarily from the seatbelt. I have MAJOR rattles coming from the flimsy headrest rattling against the active head restraint. The headrests are really crappy, hit the back of the seat and watch them jiggle, this doesnt happen in any other car I've had.

I also have a rattle coming from the seat bottom. I think it has something to do with the airbag sensor. Just touching the seat bottom with my fingers quells the rattle, but still very annoying.

The dealer has failed to replicate it three times from me now. I'm so much happier with this car in the warmer months, so much less rattling, I've been loving it again recently,
Old 04-11-2009, 11:23 PM
G-L337

Originally Posted by nrp
Its not necessarily from the seatbelt. I have MAJOR rattles coming from the flimsy headrest rattling against the active head restraint. The headrests are really crappy, hit the back of the seat and watch them jiggle, this doesnt happen in any other car I've had.

I also have a rattle coming from the seat bottom. I think it has something to do with the airbag sensor. Just touching the seat bottom with my fingers quells the rattle, but still very annoying.

The dealer has failed to replicate it three times from me now. I'm so much happier with this car in the warmer months, so much less rattling, I've been loving it again recently,
I believe we are experiencing the same thing, if not very similar. Mine seems to be the joint where the passenger seat connects from the backsupport to leg support, its loose and creates a wobble - its all the time for me so I don't see it being a problem to replicate - I want silence
Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 PM
G-L337

anyone know if this issue is covered under warranty?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
gthal

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be the seat belt receptical rattle against the centre console... just moved it. It would work its way forward again over time and rattle.

Dont know if this is it for you.