Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Puddle Lamps on G37

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 AM
bunluvsvw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
I see where you're coming from, but every riced out civic in town has puddle lamps now and thats why they became "rice".. its the first thing that comes to head when you say puddle lamps.. one day, civics will start iron-manning and those will join the rice wagon too lol its just a matter of time.. this is what happens => Fast n Furious comes with an idea, becomes the cool thing to do, then all the civics jump on it, then it turns rice lol
Exactly my point, Fast n Furious comes with an idea, IT BECOMES COOL, that means ppl like it, obviously that means it looks nice so Dunno why you ppl hatin, and I still dont understand even as of today, why da **** they call Rice the name it is. Why cant you ***s call it Spaghetti? or Burger, how about Pizza? Yeah, see how retarded all those new names I thought of? exactly how I feel when you use the word Rice to describe a car.. Oh shiiiet, that dinner was really civic.....
Old 04-05-2009, 11:42 AM
bunluvsvw

Originally Posted by machinist
So would it actually be possible to just do the sides and have it light up when you open the door? If so, where would I buy the puddle lights from and how would it have to be installed/configured?
I would say, tap it into your dome light as a source of power, illuminated door sills? get what i mean?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:47 AM
bunluvsvw

Originally Posted by kkokko
yes they do.... haha, maybe I won't get this done after all... just getting feedback guys... I definitely don't want to turn my g rice.. I just had my 4 wisdoms removed.. and recovering from fever.. so i blame that for the last 2 fail threads.. lol..
If you like the lights, do it, dont let these so call "non ricers" point you in a direction where they think they know everything. The last time I recall, non ricers or so called JDM ppl dont roll in 20s, Go ahead, take the bbk off your G and roll around like your cool jdm boys and put 16inch rotas on your G. Make sure its flat black also. Or maybe, be a true jdm fan, paint your car in primer, that would be the most ANTI-RICE thing to do...
Old 04-05-2009, 11:49 AM
machinist

Originally Posted by bunluvsvw
I would say, tap it into your dome light as a source of power, illuminated door sills? get what i mean?
I don't necessarily know exactly what you mean simply because I'm not tech savvy, but I'll be having this taken care of at a shop next Saturday when I get a ton of **** done to the car. What would be the best brand of puddle lights to buy & where from? I've seen links on Ebay but can never fully trust in the quality.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:55 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they actually look pretty damn good if ur car is lowered or slammed. i dig!
Old 04-05-2009, 11:57 AM
machinist

Are these things even considered legal?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:57 AM
bunluvsvw

I don't necessarily know exactly what you mean simply because I'm not tech savvy, but I'll be having this taken care of at a shop next Saturday when I get a ton of **** done to the car. What would be the best brand of puddle lights to buy & where from? I've seen links on Ebay but can never fully trust in the quality.
Most ppl use led lights now, mainly cause its not as easily broken like the old neon tubes and you dont have to worry about finding a spot for that big converter. Its alot cleaner of an install. I really dont know what brand is good nowadays cause its been a while since I put these on customers cars or my own personal car. Just remember if you want them to turn on when you open the door then tap the power source from the dome light, cause that lights up when your door is open or when you hit the unlock button on your remote, making it a cool entry to your car
Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
machinist

Originally Posted by bunluvsvw
Most ppl use led lights now, mainly cause its not as easily broken like the old neon tubes and you dont have to worry about finding a spot for that big converter. Its alot cleaner of an install. I really dont know what brand is good nowadays cause its been a while since I put these on customers cars or my own personal car. Just remember if you want them to turn on when you open the door then tap the power source from the dome light, cause that lights up when your door is open or when you hit the unlock button on your remote, making it a cool entry to your car
Thank you for the feedback Now that would be cool if I can get it to turn on as soon as the car unlocks. That would look nice (not rice) as hell IMO. I guess to be safe, I'll call the shop where I'm getting the work done and ask them what their suggestions would be on making this possible.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:03 PM
bunluvsvw

Are these things even considered legal?
Aah, another reason why I dont hot sell these anymore, they are not legal, you can have them on if your parked, but not when you are driving, every state have different laws and regulation regarding aftermarket products. Most ppl hook up a switch to them to turn them on or off whenever they want, but if you are going to hook them up to turn on only when you open the door then I wouldnt worry about it getting you into trouble.. I betcha the main reason you dont see the fancy neon plates, the neon lights underneath a car or the lighted washer nozzle is cause ppl are just tired of getting harassed by the cop. I myself got a ticket for having two little red led dots on my license plate screw hole. cop said its a distraction. funny thing is a 18 wheeler flies by with a gazillion lights everywhere, but he said its ok cause its a safety factor, Welcome to America....
Old 04-05-2009, 12:04 PM
bunluvsvw

Thank you for the feedback Now that would be cool if I can get it to turn on as soon as the car unlocks. That would look nice (not rice) as hell IMO. I guess to be safe, I'll call the shop where I'm getting the work done and ask them what their suggestions would be on making this possible.
Just realized your from Canada, so I dunno the rules and regulations up there. lol
Old 04-05-2009, 12:11 PM
machinist

You know what, we probably have somewhat similar (if not stricter) laws regarding what things we can mod. That being said, I think I would def like to have it installed, but only turn out when the door opens. I'm just kinda lost as to where to buy the special LED's from that would make this work. Hmmm....time to search...
Old 04-05-2009, 01:29 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

I was quoted $300 for a set up like the first pic, 5 led each side. They can hook it up to the door lights so whenever you unlock, or open the door it will light up.

"We have red, white and blue puddle lights in stock right now. Price depends on how many you want. Generally though if you want 14 lights all around the car (4 per side and 3 for each end) then you'd be looking at about $340 installed. We usually attach them via screws AND 3M sticky tape to keep them in place. Thats the best way to do it. You can see my buddy's G37S on www.doseaudio.com in the LED gallery section. Let me know what you think."
Old 04-05-2009, 03:23 PM
machinist

Thanks for the info man. I def like the first pic better. The second pic onwards doesn't look appealing through my eyes. I guess I'll just contact them tomorrow, e-mail a pic and see if they have any puddle lights in stock. Just not sure whether I should go blue or white puddle lights as the doors open.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:23 PM
kkokko
Registered Member

I would go with white, blue = ricey.. and if you have changed your leds to cool white, for the plates, door lights, domes, then it would match perfectly!

Thanks for the info man. I def like the first pic better. The second pic onwards doesn't look appealing through my eyes. I guess I'll just contact them tomorrow, e-mail a pic and see if they have any puddle lights in stock. Just not sure whether I should go blue or white puddle lights as the doors open.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
machinist

Yeah, I think white would look better, huh? I have cool white LED's in the doors and rear plates. Although the blue may not look that bad when you think about it, considering it would only turn on when the door is open.

Quick Reply: Puddle Lamps on G37