Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Clear Bra...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 03:03 AM
Kwang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Bra...

So, I finally got a clear bra installation over this past weekend after looking around.

Got it done at Ultimate Shield (www.UltimateShield.com) located in Orange, CA -- nice and clean shop.
The owner, Sean, was very friendly, informative, and helpful. He even let me borrowed his truck to drive back to work after dropping off my car for the installation.

So, if anyone else is looking for a clear bra and is near the area, you should definitely visit this place.

The film is Ventureshield by the way. My car is OB and I couldn't tell if the bra was on until I started looking for it closely.
Overall, the bra was installed without any apparent bubbles or streaks -- I was a bit nervous since it's a black car, but very clean installation and the bikini cut-out for the hood appears to make it less visible. They also clean/prep the area for you before the installation and they even buffed a scratch on my rear bumper for free =].

Last edited by Kwang; 10-01-2010 at 04:48 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:42 AM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kwang
Hey everyone, after reading the other threads regarding clear bra, I'm quite interested in getting the Ventureshield.

So, I'm planning to call around Orange County, CA for some prices.
I was curious as to how you would know that the clear bra is actually Ventureshield and not some knock off?

If anyone know of a reputable place with a good price tag, please let me know! Poor college student here! =]

Thanks in advance.
you can actually go to ventureshield.com and try the dealer locater and call around and if not ya can probably wait for a local person or find a shop and ask about them
Old 03-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
If you want to go with a Ventureshield film, check with Ventureshield to ensure the installer you are using is an authorized installer/dealer.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
If you want to go with a Ventureshield film, check with Ventureshield to ensure the installer you are using is an authorized installer/dealer.
^^^ what he said. I have VS on my G, and I was given plenty of warranty paper work guaranteeing the work/product. And my installer was VS authorized.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:55 PM
HTP AutoWorks

VentureShield has "VentureShield" written across the backing of the film in blue.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:22 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just because they are on the website does not mean that they are "authorized". I ran into this and talked to their customer service. Make sure to see their work and hopefully get a reference. Ask them specifically as to the exact coverage and if they wrap the edges. Ask if they ever cut any of the pattern on the car (big no-no). Your in CA so getting a reference from someone on this forum should not be too hard.

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Old 03-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Kwang

Ah I see, thanks for the replies everyone.

Does anyone have a reference? Pretty please?

HTP AutoWorks recommended one located in LA on Van Nuys Blvd, but it's quite far from where I live. I live in the Westminster area (near Huntington Beach and Garden Grove).

Edit: I just called Ultimate Shield located in Orange, CA, and they offered $695 for partial hood, fender, bumper and head lights.
Are these prices negotiable? =X
Please let me know if you know of a good place for a good price!

Last edited by Kwang; 03-26-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:21 PM
HTP AutoWorks

HTP AutoWorks recommended one located in LA on Van Nuys Blvd, but it's quite far from where I live. I live in the Westminster area (near Huntington Beach and Garden Grove).

Edit: I just called Ultimate Shield located in Orange, CA, and they offered $695 for partial hood, fender, bumper and head lights.
Thats a pretty good price for the install. I dont think you will really get them to come off the price much... if at all. Speaking from experience there really isnt a lot of profit margin involved when you look at overhead and all the intangibles involved.

What film are they going to use?
Old 03-26-2009, 11:03 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the exact price I paid for my VS install and those were the exact same pieces covered. Sounds legit to me!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 AM
thejumpoff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Call up elite clear bra and talk to Craig. Tell him Jon sent you, he's a authorized dealer for Ventureshield. He just got finished doing my G and did a fantastic job and he's mobile! As far as the quote you got,your pricing sounds accurate. Pm if you have any q's.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Kwang

Thanks for your input everyone.

I was out of town for the weekend so didn't get to do much for the car. So, I'll call around tomorrow and see where I will end up doing it.

By the way, I remember reading another thread that you do not need to prep (i.e. wash and detail) before installing the clear bra -- does that mean that the shop will clean the car for you? Do they clean the whole car? ;]

The car got covered with dust and pollen already, and a smudge/scratch on the back bumper. =[
Old 03-31-2009, 12:19 AM
Kwang

Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks
Thats a pretty good price for the install. I dont think you will really get them to come off the price much... if at all. Speaking from experience there really isnt a lot of profit margin involved when you look at overhead and all the intangibles involved.

What film are they going to use?
I believe they use Ventureshield.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:06 AM
Kwang

Finally got the bra installed; check first post for pictures.