Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

very very very disappointed/mad/upset angry (paint issues)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Shumby, were you drunk when you wrote this?^
Old 03-18-2009, 11:52 AM
hyekid10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my only advice, clay it, u said it feels as sandpaper, that is tiny objects still in ur paint, clay it, polish compound, then cleaner wax, then sealant, i bet all that scratches will fade away and u will see less chipps and scratchs.. waxing would help u too a lot.. so think about waxing the car wit like 2-3 coats of wax.. will def brighten and purify ur paint..
Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
hyekid10

sorry to double post but, swirl marks are inevitable.. they are gunna happen and **** u off but .. u gotta counter it and wax.. plus swirl marks arent bad.. it indicates u have a clear coat on the car.. so it doesnt ruin ur regular paint..
Old 03-18-2009, 12:23 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
Shumby, were you drunk when you wrote this?^
Four finger Sumby........

Old 03-18-2009, 12:54 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Couple points...

I've driven a million miles in different vehicles and never had one with such fragile paint.

A bra might help in the front but I have chips and scratches all over my car. Any my car is garaged both at home and work.

You can't say "don't buy the car" because we already own it. And there is this concept of "implied merchantability" that pretty much says our paint should stay on the car.

I'm wondering if I could just spray Ford clearcoat on the whole car to solve the problem.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
hotwheelneil

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Have you ever considered going to one of those "Chip Doctor" paint repair places? It won't totally fix the problem, but they should be able to fill in the chips with matched paint so they're hardly noticeable unless you're on top of the car.....just a thought.

That is a very good idea, I might try that..... thx
Old 03-18-2009, 06:14 PM
hotwheelneil

wheels

The day I went to buy the car, we got a small snowstorm with 6" of snow. The car wouldnt move with the stock 19" 's on it. I bought the rims and tires at the dealer (ouch). I am really glad I did, the car drives awesome in the snow.

They do look exactly like 1997 Cobra Mustang wheels! Kinda out of place on the G but that's all they had for me that day.

No rock roads for me, I'm guessing the majority is road salt.

No, I had no idea the paint would chip off the car so quickly. I guess I assumed a company like Nissan/Infiniti would know how to paint a car by now. I guess if I just cover the whole car in 3M plastic, I will be fine.

thanks for all the positive feedback.

Neil
Old 03-18-2009, 07:23 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hotwheelneil
That is a very good idea, I might try that..... thx
Here ya go.....it's a starting point, but some of these cars look exactly like your's.

http://drcolorchip.com/

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:26 PM
hotsand5

try using a clay bar and see what happens...maybe just road debris stuck to the paint?
Old 03-23-2009, 01:59 AM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Again, Nissan's paint is no worse than any other japanese manufacturer. Go to any Honda, Acura, Toyota, or Lexus site and the number one complaint will be this so-called "soft paint" issue. Honestly, its just a car. That's what I have to keep telling myself after I see all the scratches, chips, and swirls in my paint. That and "I'll never buy another black car again!"
Old 03-23-2009, 08:22 AM
HTP AutoWorks

I just did some clear bra work on a Pearl White G37 yesterday in Charleston. I was really shocked at how many chips he had in under a month. I would have to say Infiniti's paint is really soft... one of the softest I have seen.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:00 PM
BiskitG37

I do alot of driving in construction zones, interstate, blowing sand and salt water, etc. and I can honestly say my VR paint doesn't look any where near that bad. Maybe a bad paint batch, clearcoat????
Old 03-23-2009, 07:28 PM
hotwheelneil

I think I know why the sides of my car are bad.... The snow tire/rim set the dealer sold me were the wrong offset for this car. I noticed this when I changed to the stock 19's. The snow rims stuck out at least an extra 3/4" beyond the side of the car. The stock wheels are pretty much flush. The front tires must have thrown up more rocks than the stock ones would have. That's probably why most people with the stock wheels haven't seen this problem as much...
Old 03-23-2009, 07:33 PM
elite

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Here ya go.....it's a starting point, but some of these cars look exactly like your's.

http://drcolorchip.com/

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

That web site looks legit
Old 03-23-2009, 08:09 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hotwheelneil
I think I know why the sides of my car are bad.... The snow tire/rim set the dealer sold me were the wrong offset for this car. I noticed this when I changed to the stock 19's. The snow rims stuck out at least an extra 3/4" beyond the side of the car. The stock wheels are pretty much flush. The front tires must have thrown up more rocks than the stock ones would have. That's probably why most people with the stock wheels haven't seen this problem as much...

I have the same problem with my winter wheels and tires- they stick out way too far. Same rims as you have, not sure about the tires- who knows- we could have bought at the same dealership. I am getting my summer tires put back on Thursday, with snow predicted Fri-Sun. Hopefully it stops my problem too.

Quick Reply: very very very disappointed/mad/upset angry (paint issues)