Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

OEM Turn Signal vs. Silver Stealth Titanium Chrome Vision

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 03:00 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to be 100% sure of no amber reflection, then get the full chrome.

Now if you are getting it all painted black including the area where the turn signal goes, then you could probably go with the Chrome Dome since the black will not reflect much, if any, of the amber and you might want the extra 40% brightness. Just an opinion as I have not tried them.

I thought about going black housing, but decided I liked all the black and chrome/silver contrast. So I wanted no reflection in the turn signal area. Now I am working on options for the amber reflector.

Originally Posted by machinist
Yeah, cause that's what I was wondering as well. I'm gonna be getting my housing painted black, so which one should I buy?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
The full chrome bulbs illuminate just as bright as you'd ever need them to. The chrome dome bulbs will still look somewhat amber in your housing because the entire housing is a reflective chrome look. The unpainted part of the bulb will reflect and it will still look like a regular amber bulb.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:56 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
i've had some chromed amber bulbs in there for a while now. love them.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Retromoe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just received my Chrome dome bulbs, Half Chrome Half Blue, Lights up white and its pretty decent although i am looking for something BRIGHTER, should i go get the full chrome one or it wouldn't make a difference?

See video -

Old 03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Retromoe
I just received my Chrome dome bulbs, Half Chrome Half Blue, Lights up white and its pretty decent although i am looking for something BRIGHTER, should i go get the full chrome one or it wouldn't make a difference?

See video -

I don't think it will make any difference with it lighting up white like that. You can't see it very well at all like you can amber.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by machinist
Good post! I wonder which one is safer to nearby traffic. I only bring this point up b/c the amber's contrast may give better notice to traffic that you'll be making a turn...just a thought...
I'm pretty sure they light up still in Amber, you just don't have the egg yolk look when your looking at the bulb housing.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Triple_X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice thread Hamster.

as far as retromoe's video, can anyone confirm that the amber colored chrome dome on clear housing like that would be more noticeable during the day? Those white blinkers are hardly noticeable.....
Old 03-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Triple_X
nice thread Hamster.

as far as retromoe's video, can anyone confirm that the amber colored chrome dome on clear housing like that would be more noticeable during the day? Those white blinkers are hardly noticeable.....
I have amber completely chromed, not just the dome. They are much more noticeable than Retromoe's - they look just like regular turn signals when illuminated but the bulb isn't orange.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Triple_X

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I have amber completely chromed, not just the dome. They are much more noticeable than Retromoe's - they look just like regular turn signals when illuminated but the bulb isn't orange.

ok nice. thanks man. I was thinking they wouldn't be very noticeable still without the amber marker to be illuminated.... I pictured just a blinking dot of amber color...
Old 03-11-2009, 02:55 PM
cholepuree

Is it illegal for the front turn signals to be any other color than Amber? Im thinking of getting the full chrome - but not sure if I should go with Amber or White. Now all I need is to figure out how to remove the amber reflector... the DIY just scares me...
Old 03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by cholepuree
Is it illegal for the front turn signals to be any other color than Amber? Im thinking of getting the full chrome - but not sure if I should go with Amber or White. Now all I need is to figure out how to remove the amber reflector... the DIY just scares me...
It must be amber or white to be legal. No other color is legally allowed to be visible on the car when viewed from the front. Enforcement varies obviously.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:44 PM
cholepuree

^ cool - picked up the full chrome amber...
Old 03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
HamstersG

Agree. The full Chrome amber is much brighter than the Half Chrome White/Blue.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Old 04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
jsingh

Whats the difference b/t the clear and super white they carry, which one of these would legal to use if I didnt go with amber?

Lamps required on all motor vehicles except motorcycles (CANADA)

62. (1) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall carry three lighted lamps in a conspicuous position, one on each side of the front of the vehicle which shall display a white or amber light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red light only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (1).
Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 PM
HamstersG

Have no personal experience except with the full chrome amber that I bought. Clear when not on, amber when turn signal is turned on. So legal and I wanted it to be "amber" when I used the turnsignals.

Originally Posted by jsingh
Whats the difference b/t the clear and super white they carry, which one of these would legal to use if I didnt go with amber?

Lamps required on all motor vehicles except motorcycles (CANADA)

62. (1) When on a highway at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise and at any other time when, due to insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 150 metres or less, every motor vehicle other than a motorcycle shall carry three lighted lamps in a conspicuous position, one on each side of the front of the vehicle which shall display a white or amber light only, and one on the rear of the vehicle which shall display a red light only. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (1).

Quick Reply: OEM Turn Signal vs. Silver Stealth Titanium Chrome Vision