Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Window Tints

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:09 PM
jackson_here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
Huper Optik (HO) will give your windows a greenish hue, so depending on your car color or if you're going for that look, you may or may not like it.

I went with Pinnacle Formula One, which is comparable to HO but has more of a grayish/charcoal look. It is also a ceramic tint with TLSR ratings that match up closely to HO. It costs a little less too. You can ask BlackJack for a testimonial as well, he has the same tint. I also referred someone on G35Driver to the shop where I got mine done and he's very satisfied with his as well.

Here's some pics.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture...acle-tint.html

Thanks chasemyaccord looking good! Do you know of any reputable Pinnacle Formula One installers in SoCal?

Also, anyone know how good carbon tints made by suntech are or how it compares to Formula One and HO besides not being ceramic? Thanks.

Last edited by jackson_here; 02-17-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Bahoni
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

I went with Pinnacle Formula One too. I am very happy with the results. Unfortunately I am in the Bay Area. Sorry, not much help here.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:59 AM
alexdee

where did you get yours installed at Bahoni?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:38 AM
adamball89

i have 5% all around. i live in ca too but they have been a problem and its been 8 months
Old 02-18-2009, 07:01 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to jack-thread..

Originally Posted by Bahoni
I went with Pinnacle Formula One too. I am very happy with the results. Unfortunately I am in the Bay Area. Sorry, not much help here.
interested to know too.. i wanna get my tints soon.. u shld join us this sat.. gunna be pretty good turnout.. pm me for details!

Originally Posted by tianh
you're going for the SJ meet this sat too right? saw u on the sign up list..
Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP, what have u decided to go? what brand and what shade %?

im looking to do mine too and I want some ideas
Old 02-18-2009, 10:39 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jackson_here
Thanks chasemyaccord looking good! Do you know of any reputable Pinnacle Formula One installers in SoCal?

Also, anyone know how good carbon tints made by suntech are or how it compares to Formula One and HO besides not being ceramic? Thanks.
I went to a place in Placentia called Astro Eclipse. I went on President's day weekend (exactly a year ago now that I think about it) and they offered a special price and I even got away without paying tax. Not sure what kind of deal they can offer you now. Here's a message convo I had with a guy from G35driver.

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Hey man. I just saw your post from a while back regarding the ForulaOne Pinnacle Series window tint that you got done on your car. Where did you end up going? Was is Astro Eclipse in Plancentia? I also noticed that you only paid $260. Was that for the full car (no windshield)? If so, how did yo get that price? They are quoting me $385 for my sedan... Lastly, are you hapy with your choice of tint and installer? Thanks!

Adrian
Hey what's up man. Sorry for the late reply, I'm hardly on G35driver. Anyway, Astro Eclipse does sound familiar, and I did get it done in Placentia, somewhere on Orangethorpe if I recall correctly. Anyway, I did pay 260, but it was on President's day weekend and they claimed to have a special going on which knocked off a few bucks. It was for everything but the front windshield and sunroof. I did notice a couple small bubbles on the install, but I believe that's normal and should subside in a week or so. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the work they did, especially for the price.

I can understand the sedan costing a bit more since it involves additional labor and materials, but 385 does sound a bit steep. Keep shopping around, you should be able to find something better. Good luck, let me know if you have any more questions.
Hey man. Thanks for gtting back to me. Yup,that's Astro Eclipse there on Orangethorpe in Placentia. I ended up getting the FormulaOne Pinnacle 15 done there for $285 for my G35 sedan. They came down $100 from the originally posted price when I told them I could get it done cheaper somewhere else. Also, I got it done over Thanksgiving, so they had some specials going as well. Overall I am very happy with it the tint and install... I don't have any air bubbles or streaks of any kind, so that is good.

Anyway. Thanks again for getting back to me.

Adrian
Cool, glad everything went well for you. Yeah it doesn't surprise me that you got the best price at Astro Eclipse since I shopped around 5 or 6 other places nearby and none of them came close to their price. Enjoy!
Thanks. Just noticed that you will be at the upcoming meet on Saturday, January 17th. I'm planning on going, as well, so I should see you there.

Later.

Adrian
Old 02-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Bahoni
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tianh
I got it installed at rocky mountain window tint in Livermore. Really professional and nice people. Very clean install. Especially around the dot matrix. They even give me a ride to downtown. I went to see a movie and had lunch while i was waiting. They picked me up when the car was ready. I highly recommend their business if you willing to drive there.
http://www.rockymtnwindowtint.com/
Old 02-19-2009, 03:41 AM
jackson_here

Oh wow chasemyaccord I was considering getting formula one pinnacle 35% all around from Astro Eclipse also, what a small world. Are these guys any good? I visited their website but the site is pretty bare. There is nothing on their stating that they back up their work 100% like other tint shops. Any info would be great. Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
jackson_here

Any Black g37 coupes with graphite interior or any coupes with 50% tint all around? How does it look? Any pictures? Still debating between 35% all around or 50% all around....sigh.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:12 PM
JerZeyFiNeSt

My friend got 45 percent on back 35 on front and it looks retarded....i have a white g37 with light grey interior. i put 20 percent all around..pics coming soon
Old 09-23-2009, 01:38 AM
k3v10

20% Llumar tint all around on my G
g37.jpg picture by lk3v10 - Photobucket

Last edited by k3v10; 09-23-2009 at 01:44 AM. Reason: what?
Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 AM
gdriver1970

i went to shades of gray tint in the northeast philly...looks great, LLumar film and the guys were helpful. cost about $180..30% i went with because some cops are d-bags around here
Old 11-23-2009, 08:37 AM
BOXER83

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here in Houston you can get away with any % on the back windows and 25-35% on the driver and passenger. It's really your pref. It would look good 35% all the way around
Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 PM
InfinitiG37x09

Has anyone ever heard of the Global tints? I was recommended to a guy that says he can install it for me for $99 + tax with Lifetime warranty. I don't really know that much about window tints. Does this sound like a good idea/good deal or should I go with something else?

Quick Reply: Window Tints