Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Complaint about seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:28 PM
badcd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leeladisky
I gave up on Infiniti - too many areas where they "cheaped out," like the seats... it wasn't an easy decision, but after the seats, transmission problems (posted elsewhere) and NUMEROUS rattles - including the illusive, broken a-pillar spot wel, I got rid of my vehicle at a significant loss... went and purchased a Lexus again. Couldn't be happier. Too bad - great looking car.

Lee
I had lowered my expectations WRT luxury/quality of materials as I "downsized" from the M to the G. What I gave up in luxury and size are more than made up for in driving dynamics and pure fun.

That does not excuse ANY quality control issues--transmission?!?, rattles, broken welds, lousy leather etc. It's still an infiniti and it should still be built like one.

I lease to avoid taking a hit on a faulty car. I am on a first name basis with my lemon lawyer (2 Jaguars, I never learn) and I will not hesitate to call him if I start to experience unfixable/intolerable defects.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by leeladisky
I gave up on Infiniti - too many areas where they "cheaped out," like the seats... it wasn't an easy decision, but after the seats, transmission problems (posted elsewhere) and NUMEROUS rattles - including the illusive, broken a-pillar spot wel, I got rid of my vehicle at a significant loss... went and purchased a Lexus again. Couldn't be happier. Too bad - great looking car.

Lee
Interior rattles is in Nissan's DNA. Pathetic to say the least. Leather bubbly seats, again, pathetic. Broken pillar stuff, is Nissan kidding?

Not sure about the tranny problems?

I guess, unfortunately, most of the ppl in this forum knew what to expect from Nissan. Sad.

Out of curiosity, which Lexus model did you buy?
Old 03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my leather bubbled up pretty bad from my wallet and i got the seat cover replaced...to be honest the leather looks good when kept nice but blemishes easy...my only advice especially if u own the car - use seat covers...or like me, be religious about yourself and others not sitting in the car if you have like jagged sharp things like zippers or something...

have ur girl put her purse and stuff in the trunk, the more "stuff" in the car the more chances for friction with something that can scratch or mess something up. I also empty my pockets (wallet, phone, keys) into the cupholder or armrest before driving. The intellikey doesnt let you lock the key in the car so you're good!
Old 03-05-2009, 12:37 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by Achilles
Interior rattles is in Nissan's DNA. Pathetic to say the least. Leather bubbly seats, again, pathetic. Broken pillar stuff, is Nissan kidding?

Not sure about the tranny problems?

I guess, unfortunately, most of the ppl in this forum knew what to expect from Nissan. Sad.

Out of curiosity, which Lexus model did you buy?
I agree for the most part but perhaps with the exception of the new is-f, i dont think any Lexus is as fun/exhilarating to drive, well handling, or peppy as the g35/g37 coupe...
Old 03-05-2009, 09:39 PM
jleddo

Leather seats

I have an S with 8,000 miles. The driver's seat leather was already wearing and the seat bottom cushion seemed collapsed, and the leather was stretched. It was like sitting on an old, lumpy sofa. Took it to my dealer a couple of weeks ago and now I have a new seat.
I also have registered a complaint with the dealer about paint issues. My BO paint is very swirly - and I know how to take care of a black car, as this is my 6th.

Last edited by jleddo; 03-06-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Update
Old 03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Sharp_cai

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
I agree for the most part but perhaps with the exception of the new is-f, i dont think any Lexus is as fun/exhilarating to drive, well handling, or peppy as the g35/g37 coupe...
IS350 is not bad, is it? My friend has a IS350 runs same fast as my G37, and the seats are more comfortable than my G, i am not sure, is G really better than IS350?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:53 PM
gshb

i had an is350 before the 37 and yes, in a straight line the is350 is just as quick if not quicker. but it has major body roll and when the back steps out it snaps rather than being progressive. i put in coilovers and although it was better, its still not as good as the stock 37S. imo...
Old 03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
iinviktus

Originally Posted by Sharp_cai
IS350 is not bad, is it? My friend has a IS350 runs same fast as my G37, and the seats are more comfortable than my G, i am not sure, is G really better than IS350?
The IS350 screams soul-less to me. It's boring to drive and the interior is so bland. Typical Lexus.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:00 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

So when does Infiniti actually take responsibility and stand behind there product?
I decided to go to the dealership about the seat issue again.
This time I went to Glendale Infiniti in Glendale CA.
Talked to the service rep. he saw the seats and said I would have to come back on Tues. since thats something that has to be approved by the manager, which supposedly I had just missed, and he is going out of town and will be back on Tues.

The service rep. said he understands what I'm talking about, but said they might be able to replace the passanger side, and maybe the rear seats.
He said the drivers seat is just prone to get messed up since it gets more use then the other seats.
I just kind of looked at him and said thats exactly why they should replace the drivers seat since they know it's an issue.
The interior should be next to perfect on a car that has less then 7,000 miles on it.
Especially the way I take care of it.
I understand there will be some wear on it and wont stay perfect, but come on.
And I know you guys would want pics of it so I will post them up tommorow.

I will keep you guys posted on what they say on Tues. but I already have a feeling that I shouldn't expect much.

I didn't want to start a new thread since this is a re-occuring issue and pretty much nothing has changed up to this point.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:11 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bring it down to Cerritos, and ask for April, they'll fix it no problem. I've gotten it done twice there. They fixed Keng's seat problem too.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:18 PM
CEELOSG37S
LA G Club

^^and maybe mines next. Haven't told her yet.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Keng

Yup mine is fixed too and so far so good. Cerritos Infiniti is awesome.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:18 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Bring it down to Cerritos, and ask for April, they'll fix it no problem. I've gotten it done twice there. They fixed Keng's seat problem too.

oh nice
that was actually going to be my next question if Glendale would of denied it
if anyone can recommend a decent dealership, because they seem to be hard to find here in L.A.
I was actually going to go to Cerritos at the end of June because they sent me a free oil change flyer
so do you think I should just go there and not even waist my time with Glendale
thanks for the info UCLA
it would be kind of a drive for me, but if it's worth it I would definitly go there
Old 05-22-2009, 02:20 AM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by Keng
Yup mine is fixed too and so far so good. Cerritos Infiniti is awesome.

how long have you had your new seats for
Old 05-22-2009, 02:50 AM
Rapture37

I gotta get my seat replaced too. I love the car tho. Whatevs. Rather my seat have dents than have the electrical issues I had with my 06 bimmer

Quick Reply: Complaint about seats