Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Complaint about seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:59 PM
goadee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could not agree more; that is no excuse. As far as the telephone calls go, you are both lucky. When I was in the Navy and deployed overseas we got to make a call once or twice a month if you could find a phone card and you had time in a port. I would have enjoyed waiting in line for a few minutes to use a phone much less have access to a computer. Of course my Dad might could respond by telling me to stop complaining as he was only able to communicate by message in a bottle, but a little perspective is always nice. Gotta love the desert vacation though!
Old 02-15-2009, 02:24 PM
JDNick

I had this same issue that showed up very soon after I bought the car. I lived with it for a while to see if it got any better and then finally had the dealer look at it when I took it in for an oil change. They replaced the bottom leather and cushion and it seemed to be fine at first, but now a few months later the same dents and bubbles are reappearing. Haven't decided if I'm going to complain again.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by JDNick
I had this same issue that showed up very soon after I bought the car. I lived with it for a while to see if it got any better and then finally had the dealer look at it when I took it in for an oil change. They replaced the bottom leather and cushion and it seemed to be fine at first, but now a few months later the same dents and bubbles are reappearing. Haven't decided if I'm going to complain again.
Just take it back again. Infiniti leather seats = epic failure.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:29 PM
HP_John

For the G convertible, they say something about the leather being durable. I take it to mean they addressed it finally. Unfortunately, I got a 08, with less than 6000 miles & the leather already shows lots of wear.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by HP_John
For the G convertible, they say something about the leather being durable. I take it to mean they addressed it finally. Unfortunately, I got a 08, with less than 6000 miles & the leather already shows lots of wear.
Where did you find this information??
Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Evangelo2

Does anyone know if it is the leather or the seat design? I'm wondering if having the interior leather reupholstered by a custom shop with higher quality leather might fix the problem (it would also allow for a custom interior color ).
-Evangelo2
Old 02-17-2009, 01:57 PM
daveindubai

Originally Posted by sonsofliberty
whoa, sorry i don't have all the time in the world to read everything you guys gotta say. i'm kinda in iraq and only go on in whenever the time permits and i don't got all day ..kinda gotta run missions and **** too. no but it's cool you guys can bash some more if you'd like
Ummm - you kinda started the bashing man. Running missions in Iraq doesn't really have anything to do with bashing someone about their thread does it? I'd assume posting a meaningless response is just eating into the limited time you have anyway.

If the post is too long move on. Some of us have similar issues and it's great to get some indepth feedback.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:36 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by daveindubai
Ummm - you kinda started the bashing man. Running missions in Iraq doesn't really have anything to do with bashing someone about their thread does it? I'd assume posting a meaningless response is just eating into the limited time you have anyway.

If the post is too long move on. Some of us have similar issues and it's great to get some indepth feedback.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Oggie

Could it be the foam that is too soft and caused the leather to have indentations? If that's the case, perhaps take it to a upholstery shop to replace them.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Frosty 37
Registered Member

Just some info

1.- This is happening on the Canadian models too.

2.- I have had the problem, taken it in, had the bottom seat cushion leather replaced, not the whole cushion and within a month after replacing, similar effect was noted. I took it in again and the shop guy said he had to talk to Infiniti themselves about it to see if it was an error in there install that caused the re-occurance. Haven't heard back from them yet and it's been about 2 months or so, but i can wait till summer anyway, and hopefully i can convince them to replace with 09' seats if the problem has been fixed.

3.- There original idea was to re-pad/increase the padding in the seat but after consulting there upolstery guy they said it could not be done due to the shape/type of seat.

4.- My dealership has been pretty good about the whole thing, but without a permanent fix for 08' model seats, i am considering trading it in based on the now cheap look it has.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:41 AM
2009G37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunately, it has not been fixed. I have an 09 G37x coupe. Same problem after a month.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:58 PM
badcd

Originally Posted by 2009G37
Unfortunately, it has not been fixed. I have an 09 G37x coupe. Same problem after a month.
Brand new 09 g37x coupe. Mine bubbled on the way home from taking delivery. Had an 06 m35 for almost 4 years and the seats were perfect throughout.

This is just infiniti cheaping out.

Dealer will replace the seat cover but it sounds like it will just be back in a month or two.

Total BS.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Keng

I think the foam under the seat is just too soft
Old 03-04-2009, 06:34 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Yup . . . it just comes back after a while. I hate it when i see it everyday . . .
Old 03-04-2009, 06:55 PM
leeladisky

I gave up on Infiniti - too many areas where they "cheaped out," like the seats... it wasn't an easy decision, but after the seats, transmission problems (posted elsewhere) and NUMEROUS rattles - including the illusive, broken a-pillar spot wel, I got rid of my vehicle at a significant loss... went and purchased a Lexus again. Couldn't be happier. Too bad - great looking car.

Lee

Quick Reply: Complaint about seats