Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Complaint about seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:52 PM
ZACHSQUATCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sonsofliberty
whoa, sorry i don't have all the time in the world to read everything you guys gotta say. i'm kinda in iraq and only go on in whenever the time permits and i don't got all day ..kinda gotta run missions and **** too. no but it's cool you guys can bash some more if you'd like
short on time, cant read entire post, yet exponge said precious time posting useless response.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Achilles

take it to another dealership. Many on this forum have complained about the seats and how crappy and loose they are, especially with the bubble problem that happens very soon after you buy the car. The dealership can fix it and they have fixed many from this forum. Just use another dealership because it sounds like the one you're using has a worthless service department. Others will treat you better.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:06 PM
daveindubai

Crap -with only 10 days in the totally awesome car I am wondering if this is a fault with all or just random?

I do 260k''s a day round trip to work - 2.5 hours in the car minimum Sun - Thu (our work week)...

Just wanna know if I should look out for this?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:37 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by Achilles
take it to another dealership. Many on this forum have complained about the seats and how crappy and loose they are, especially with the bubble problem that happens very soon after you buy the car. The dealership can fix it and they have fixed many from this forum. Just use another dealership because it sounds like the one you're using has a worthless service department. Others will treat you better.

Yeah I read about some others who had simalar problems and had them replaced a little while back.
I'll try to take some pics and see how they turn out and post them up so guys could see what I'm talking about.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:02 PM
2009G37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem is, the replacements seats are pretty much the same, and they bubble in about a month as well. Replacing the seats is not a permanent fix. I hope they come out with a recall soon, but I doubt it, since this isn't anything that affects the safety of the car, simply the aesthetics.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:57 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by sonsofliberty
whoa mother fvcker pls some cliffs
haha thats some funny chit
Old 01-30-2009, 09:51 AM
MarkM

Originally Posted by dannbla
did the service department give you the same b.s. when you mentioned it to them
I haven't mentioned it to them yet.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by 2009G37
The problem is, the replacements seats are pretty much the same, and they bubble in about a month as well. Replacing the seats is not a permanent fix. I hope they come out with a recall soon, but I doubt it, since this isn't anything that affects the safety of the car, simply the aesthetics.
Yep, that's true but don't hold your breath on the recall part. Problem is that they need to re-stretch the leather. It shouldn't be about replacing them with the same crap, they should stretch the leather and remove the excess. The problem is that the type of leather they are using is too raw and has not been treated to deal with the stretching that happens once they are used. It has that carpet effect in that brand new carpet will bubble up if it is not re-stretched after it has been used for x-amount of time.

I'd just keep taking it back until my warranty runs out.... Infiniti will eventually get the hint if the cars are continuously being returned for this reason.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:00 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

anybody else have anything to say or is this thread done with
Old 02-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Techuinang

Is this problem only with the Sport seats? Do the non-sport have the same problem? I saw what they look like in a picture and it makes the car look really cheap...
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Igor911

I just picked up my car from the dealer with the same exact problem...I was told it was due to the cold climate and once it warms up...the leather will shrink back?

hmmm...I'm not that stupid to realize that this was just something said to get me off of their backs. I told them I'll be back as soon as it gets warm outside!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:36 AM
DashKid
Banned

MAN WTF. After looking at this thread and looking back on my seat I can see that my seat is starting to form a bubble and I only had the car for like 2 months. WOW.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by DashKid
MAN WTF. After looking at this thread and looking back on my seat I can see that my seat is starting to form a bubble and I only had the car for like 2 months. WOW.
Take it in when it becomes noticeable. The more it continues to show up in the service lots at the dealerships, the chances increase that Infiniti will address the issue, at least for the future models. It does suck though, BMW wins this fight about the seats. So sad....
Old 02-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Igor911
I just picked up my car from the dealer with the same exact problem...I was told it was due to the cold climate and once it warms up...the leather will shrink back?

hmmm...I'm not that stupid to realize that this was just something said to get me off of their backs. I told them I'll be back as soon as it gets warm outside!
That's crap. It's not the weather. Yeah, the leather will shrink if you throw your seat in the washing machine. lol

It's the type of leather that is being used. Infiniti dropped the ball on this one. It doesn't get cold in South Texas and yet the seat problem is the same down here.

Make them fix it!!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:06 PM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dannbla
anybody else have anything to say or is this thread done with
My seats seem to be doing okay after 16 months and 13K miles.

As far as your original post, I would only suggest you throw in a few paragraph breaks to make it easier to read. Maybe, that's what the guy was complaining about.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Complaint about seats