Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Tinting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 06:39 PM
reddemon73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tinting Issue

Hello all,

I want to see if anyone else is experience issue with tinting peeling on bottom left corner on the driver side. I bought my car back to two different tinter (first one went out of business after redoing my window for the 2nd time) and have had to redo the window 3 times. All 3 times, the tint peeled in the same area. The last time this happened, it occurred even before I left the shop. The tinter told me he had the window under a heat gun for over an hour and does not know why it is peeling. His only expanation has to do with a defective seal (gasket) on my window. I'm taking my car into the dealership this Friday to have the window inspected. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2009, 06:41 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nope. Been about 6months. What was the brand name on the tint?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 AM
reddemon73

I used Suntek HP tint. My passenger window is working fine. puzzled???????
Old 01-22-2009, 03:12 AM
mygyott37

Originally Posted by reddemon73
Hello all,

I want to see if anyone else is experience issue with tinting peeling on bottom left corner on the driver side. I bought my car back to two different tinter (first one went out of business after redoing my window for the 2nd time) and have had to redo the window 3 times. All 3 times, the tint peeled in the same area. The last time this happened, it occurred even before I left the shop. The tinter told me he had the window under a heat gun for over an hour and does not know why it is peeling. His only expanation has to do with a defective seal (gasket) on my window. I'm taking my car into the dealership this Friday to have the window inspected. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Thanks

i have had that issue too g... i replaced mine so did my friend i think its common just make sure they reach down more ...
Old 01-23-2009, 03:16 AM
jdmalltheway

no problems here. Might be tinter problem. Where you located?
Old 01-23-2009, 09:20 AM
HEAVYHITTER

I had the same problem as well...It was happening when you open and close the door the window goes up or down slightly and slowly peeled it off..... There is a screw in the door hinge that if you turn it it stops the window from doing so....Is this good for your car i have no clue but did it for about three days and ;et the tint dry and now it's fine...The only issue was i had to slam my door closed vs just pushing it in but then screwed it in again and back to normal and fine check that out maybe thats your issue as well
Old 01-23-2009, 10:22 AM
ZACHSQUATCH

Originally Posted by HEAVYHITTER
I had the same problem as well...It was happening when you open and close the door the window goes up or down slightly and slowly peeled it off..... There is a screw in the door hinge that if you turn it it stops the window from doing so....Is this good for your car i have no clue but did it for about three days and ;et the tint dry and now it's fine...The only issue was i had to slam my door closed vs just pushing it in but then screwed it in again and back to normal and fine check that out maybe thats your issue as well
That really doesnt sound good.

Seems like it would destroy the glass.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:45 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
i had a slight peel after 6 months on my driver side window right at the bottom close to the side mirror. Tinter replaced it no problem and its been fine
Old 01-23-2009, 04:29 PM
hagerman11

Yeah I have the same problem, drivers side near the window.

Chris
Old 01-23-2009, 05:24 PM
HEAVYHITTER

didint effect the glass at all just had to close the door a little harder cause of all the pressure from the air not being able to release...I acctually read about it on g35nyc.com and thats where we came up with the idea but all it did was stop the window from going up and down when you open and close it
Old 01-23-2009, 05:30 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Been 6 months for me, and i have no issues with it either. I also roll my windows up and down a lot, but i'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

Last edited by oOmikeyboy; 01-23-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:58 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had no problems whatsoever. Must be the tint job...?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by HEAVYHITTER
i just got my tints and have the exact same problem, cause the windows come down 1/4 inch there are bubbles on driver/passenger lower portion of the window.
where can i find this screw? will it harm the glass?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:07 AM
Mike P

No issues, but I let mine sit for two days specifically because of what the windows do and how that might effect the tint.