Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Kill switch for the plate light?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty

To the OP, even though I think your idea is really bad, you need to get a wiring diagram in the FSM and see which wires run to the license plate bulbs and splice into them near the fuse box and install a simple toggle switch that you can get at Radio Shack for a few bucks. I can promise you without a doubt that it will get you into more trouble than having UV bulbs, but do what you want. Just don't say I didn't tell you so.

Well again I know ALL of you think my idea is REALLY REALLY BAD but still I'm going to do it bc I've been told by cops that no light is better than an UV one.

Where can I find the wiring diagram?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by VIP G
Well again I know ALL of you think my idea is REALLY REALLY BAD but still I'm going to do it bc I've been told by cops that no light is better than an UV one.

Where can I find the wiring diagram?
In the Factory Service Manual - section EXL.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:31 AM
VIP G

^ alright thanks I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can figure the manual out lol
Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 AM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
dont bother bro, they dont need your plate to catch you.. they just say what road there on and what direction your headed in and your done..no plate # needed..

that would prob be another thing they would pull you over for if you forget its off.. and along with that they will ticket you for:

Exhaust
Tint x2
HIDS
ETC
ETC
ETC

is it worth it?
You can get ticketed for HIDs?

Somebody post pics up of what uv plate lights look like at night.. I don't think i've ever seen a car with them
Old 01-23-2009, 02:13 AM
BiskitG37

Wouldn't it be easier to just pull the bulb out when you want it dark? Or keep it out permanently?
Old 01-23-2009, 02:15 AM
Dz Nuts

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I disagree. Checkov is a grown man and way more mature than 99.9% of the members here. I don't know how old you are, but you should have more respect for your elders. He actually has something valuable to contribute that very, very few here have - it's called wisdom. You only get it with age and experience. You can't begin to understand that until you at least embark upon that road. He's trying to help folks by telling them what he's learned in 72 years of life and experience, but there are lots of thick skulled folks in the world (and especially in this forum) who have to learn everything themselves the hard way rather then learning form the experience of theirs.

To the OP, even though I think your idea is really bad, you need to get a wiring diagram in the FSM and see which wires run to the license plate bulbs and splice into them near the fuse box and install a simple toggle switch that you can get at Radio Shack for a few bucks. I can promise you without a doubt that it will get you into more trouble than having UV bulbs, but do what you want. Just don't say I didn't tell you so.

Well put BB.

DN

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 01-23-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:11 AM
VIP G

Originally Posted by BiskitG37
Wouldn't it be easier to just pull the bulb out when you want it dark? Or keep it out permanently?
I think you missed the point... point is to be able to flip the switch when I go by a cop to cut power to the light.

Next time I take pics I'll get pics of the UV light