Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Kill switch for the plate light?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I guess no one know anything so I'll have to do some exploring then...
Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 PM
EnviedG35

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
I dont see how turning the light off for your license plate at night to avoid the attention of cops will actually make a difference considering they will pull you over for no license plate lights??? That logic just doesnt make sense lol.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dont bother bro, they dont need your plate to catch you.. they just say what road there on and what direction your headed in and your done..no plate # needed..

that would prob be another thing they would pull you over for if you forget its off.. and along with that they will ticket you for:

Exhaust
Tint x2
HIDS
ETC
ETC
ETC

is it worth it?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:33 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
you need a switch to alternate between regular bulbs to whatever it is that you have hooked up. uv?? why uv?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:38 AM
mygyott37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chekov
Yes, I may occasionally speed if it’s within the flow of traffic. My goal is always to avoid tickets by not putting a spotlight on myself. And as the resident nerd around here, I would never put an illegal mod on my car.

umm well i guess ur totally opposite of me .. lmfao no mufflers been getting **** for it lmfao
Old 01-22-2009, 12:57 PM
VIP G

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok everyone is missing the concept, forget why I want to do this and why it wouldn't matter to do it. If anyone knows anything about the wiring of it let me know please
Old 01-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by mygyott37
umm well i guess ur totally opposite of me .. lmfao no mufflers been getting **** for it lmfao
If you’re driving around with no mufflers, creating ear-splitting sound pollution to anyone in the vicinity of your car, then yes, you certainly are the opposite of me.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 PM
w0ady

stop doing illegal crap you noob. thats just going to make them come after you for sure.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 PM
mygyott37

Originally Posted by w0ady
stop doing illegal crap you noob. thats just going to make them come after you for sure.
Need ***** go to... growballs.com
Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 PM
w0ady

Originally Posted by mygyott37
Need ***** go to... growballs.com
shh ill fvck with brian all i want.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:44 PM
mygyott37

Originally Posted by w0ady
shh ill fvck with brian all i want.

im jking!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Dimitry6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chekov
Yes, I may occasionally speed if it’s within the flow of traffic. My goal is always to avoid tickets by not putting a spotlight on myself. And as the resident nerd around here, I would never put an illegal mod on my car.

Not tryin to be a douche but i dont think this is the site for u then lmao
Old 01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
HamstersG

Wow. Just wow.

Originally Posted by Dimitry6
Old 01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by Dimitry6
I disagree. Checkov is a grown man and way more mature than 99.9% of the members here. I don't know how old you are, but you should have more respect for your elders. He actually has something valuable to contribute that very, very few here have - it's called wisdom. You only get it with age and experience. You can't begin to understand that until you at least embark upon that road. He's trying to help folks by telling them what he's learned in 72 years of life and experience, but there are lots of thick skulled folks in the world (and especially in this forum) who have to learn everything themselves the hard way rather then learning form the experience of theirs.

To the OP, even though I think your idea is really bad, you need to get a wiring diagram in the FSM and see which wires run to the license plate bulbs and splice into them near the fuse box and install a simple toggle switch that you can get at Radio Shack for a few bucks. I can promise you without a doubt that it will get you into more trouble than having UV bulbs, but do what you want. Just don't say I didn't tell you so.

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 01-23-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:08 PM
HamstersG

The longer and clearer version of "Wow. Just wow".

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I disagree. Checkov is a grown man and way more mature than 99.9% of the members here. I don't know how old you are, but you should have more respect for your elders. He actually has something valuable to contribute that very, very few here have - it's called wisdom. You only get it with age and experience. You can't begin to understand that until you at least embark upon that road. He's trying to help folks by telling them what he's learned in 72 years of life and experience, but there are lots of thick skulled folks in the world (and especially in this forum) who have to learn everything themselves the hard way rather then learning form the experience of theirs.

To the OP, even though I think your idea is really bad, you need to get a wiring diagram in the FSM and see which wires run to the license plate bulbs and splice into them near the fuse box and install a simple toggle switch that you can get at Radio Shack for a few bucks. I can promise you without a doubt that it will get you into more trouble than having UV bulbs, but do what you want. Just don't say I didn't tell you so.

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 01-23-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Quick Reply: Help Kill switch for the plate light?