Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Auto Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Pieman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Window Problem

Hey everyone,
I just bought a new '08 G37 6MT yesterday, and very pleased with it.
Though im having a small problem, The Auto adjusting window on the passenger side of the car is not working properly. When i get out of the passenger door, it lowers the window slightly to clear the seal, but when you close the door, it dose not raise back up. Ive tried the procedure in the manual to correct this issue but it still dose it. Mabey im not doing it right. If anyone has any insight on this, id greatly appreacheate it.

Thanks
Old 11-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Infiniti Esc

Originally Posted by Pieman
Hey everyone,
I just bought a new '08 G37 6MT yesterday, and very pleased with it.
Though im having a small problem, The Auto adjusting window on the passenger side of the car is not working properly. When i get out of the passenger door, it lowers the window slightly to clear the seal, but when you close the door, it dose not raise back up. Ive tried the procedure in the manual to correct this issue but it still dose it. Mabey im not doing it right. If anyone has any insight on this, id greatly appreacheate it.

Thanks

Fist let me say go make an intro in the Noobs section and second take it to you local dealer and have them fix it if the setting procedure does not work then It will probly need a new window motor.

Last edited by Infiniti Esc; 11-26-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:50 PM
chamelieon

Originally Posted by Infiniti Esc
Fist let me say go make an intro in the Noobs section and second take it to you local dealer and have them fix it. It will probley need a new window motor.
need a new window motor? how do you figure that?

anytime the window controls are unplugged it looses memory, dunno why its setup that way but im sure infiniti has their reasons.

any how the procedure to reset it, is put the window half way. press up and hold it, then press down and hold it for a few seconds. something like 5... when you raise the window it should all work.

symptoms are usually the window wont go up or down when the doors open, but works fine with it closed. and same thing with it only coming down and not going back up for the auto window feature.

i might have the procedure wrong, but keep playing with it and you will get it, the combination is pretty simple once you figure it out.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Infiniti Esc

Originally Posted by chamelieon
need a new window motor? how do you figure that?

anytime the window controls are unplugged it looses memory, dunno why its setup that way but im sure infiniti has their reasons.

any how the procedure to reset it, is put the window half way. press up and hold it, then press down and hold it for a few seconds. something like 5... when you raise the window it should all work.

symptoms are usually the window wont go up or down when the doors open, but works fine with it closed. and same thing with it only coming down and not going back up for the auto window feature.

i might have the procedure wrong, but keep playing with it and you will get it, the combination is pretty simple once you figure it out.

Well sir they way I figure it is......If he has tried "setting" the window and it still does not fix the issue the he needs to have the window motor replaced !!! read his post and it states it
Old 11-26-2008, 07:57 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Try holding the button longer:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...t=window+reset

Let us know if this works, so others can benefit if you have something really wrong or not.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Pieman

Got it fixed, the manual says 3 seconds, but 5 worked. maybe im horrible at timing lol. Thanks all i rely appreciate the fast responses.

Thanks
Old 11-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Infiniti Esc

Originally Posted by Pieman
Got it fixed, the manual says 3 seconds, but 5 worked. maybe im horrible at timing lol. Thanks all i rely appreciate the fast responses.

Thanks

Glad you fixed it and it didn't require you to take a trip to the dealer to have the motor replaced.

Mods lock this ishhhh !!!
Old 11-26-2008, 08:13 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

Originally Posted by Infiniti Esc
Glad you fixed it and it didn't require you to take a trip to the dealer to have the motor replaced.

Mods lock this ishhhh !!!
Yeah, whoever suggested that you needed to replace the motor on a day old car is a real ......

Glad it worked.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Infiniti Esc

Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
Yeah, whoever suggested that you needed to replace the motor on a day old car is a real ......

Glad it worked.

Read my original post smart guy !!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:04 AM
w0ady

glad to hear it worked out.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Exahiyan

I had the same issue on my 2009 G37X that I bought new......feared taking it to the "stealer" to be fixed so I came here and VIOLA! Fixed! Thanks, guys!
Old 05-20-2014, 04:25 PM
rmfnla

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
And you waited 5 years to post this..?