Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Annoying Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Angry Annoying Seats!

is it just my car or are do the thigh extension piece on our seats rattle? I feel it when I go to push the clutch in to shift...its really really quite annoying and once again this proves to me that the finesse in this car can never compare to that of a BMW. Even my '07 G-Coupe had terrible terrible clunks and rattles, dont get me wrong, my G37 now def. feels MUCH better then that of my old coupe in regards to these interior rattles. But little things like the seats rattling and etc are just stupid and annoying to me. My bestfriends seats in his M3 have the thigh extension piece but they are solid..the whole interior feels more solid then mine for a car that has stiffer suspension, takes hard bumps and is a complete animal on the road.

Do you guys also have this problem in your car? I just feel that the thigh extension piece itself is just cheaply put on the seat with no real support..hmm
Old 11-10-2008, 03:27 AM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no not really, but i do have a rattle coming from the back of the car.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:10 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No rattle on mine. Might want to get it looked at.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I love my seats!!! The hug me when I'm driving. I actually prefer mine over those in my friends 335.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:07 AM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem with my seats, and no rattles anywhere. Sorry you are having a problem, but take it in and let the dealer fix it. That's what rattles are for.

While the overall integrity of your G may not be up to BMW standards, keep it mind that it costs at least $10k less, and I doubt you will have the electrical issues most of my friends that own BMW's deal with.

Best of luck!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:27 AM
EVO-to-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Goonz SVT
is it just my car or are do the thigh extension piece on our seats rattle? I feel it when I go to push the clutch in to shift...its really really quite annoying and once again this proves to me that the finesse in this car can never compare to that of a BMW. Even my '07 G-Coupe had terrible terrible clunks and rattles, dont get me wrong, my G37 now def. feels MUCH better then that of my old coupe in regards to these interior rattles. But little things like the seats rattling and etc are just stupid and annoying to me. My bestfriends seats in his M3 have the thigh extension piece but they are solid..the whole interior feels more solid then mine for a car that has stiffer suspension, takes hard bumps and is a complete animal on the road.

Do you guys also have this problem in your car? I just feel that the thigh extension piece itself is just cheaply put on the seat with no real support..hmm

My leg extention piece is pissing me off too...not really a "rattle"

But eveytime i go to shift and press the clutch...when i release it the leg extention piece clicks...and you can hear it. So i never drive with it out.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:31 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

no rattle here. Quiet as a tit-mouse.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hehehehehe you said "tit"
Old 11-10-2008, 04:48 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

No, I said tit-mouse. Tit would be a bad word and I make a point of never saying that type of word while posting on this site. It goes against my grain.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I bet blackjack would post tit.. HEHEHEHEHE we said "tit"
Old 11-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO-to-G

But eveytime i go to shift and press the clutch...when i release it the leg extention piece clicks...and you can hear it. So i never drive with it out.
exactly the "click" im hearing!!

And people, by no means am I bashing the integrity of our cars, I for one love Infinitis because I see the money I spend is well worth it and I dont get nickle and dimed like most of my friends with BMW's do for stupid ridiculous options that should be standard. Its just little things like clicks and rattles sometimes get to me lol..thanks though guys, ill get it checked out
Old 11-10-2008, 09:30 PM
gthal

I had a BMW 3 series before the G and it had WAY, WAY more squeeks and rattles. The G is rock solid in comparison. Plus, the door handle trim peeled on my 1 year old 3 series. IMO, the G has a much better interior both from a looks perspective and from a quality perspective. Having said that, all cars will develop squeeks/rattles.